• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got the IPhone 4 anything you can tell me about it

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What cool and what do I need to know about it. It's my first iphone

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
que fordman and all of his apple fanboy-ness

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home button eventually stops working, it's annoying as fuck and also literally two hours ago the top button jammed on me. :mad2:

Anyway, the kindle and netflix apps are awesome if you know anyone with accounts, as you can use their accounts and get their books for free and also netflix for free.

Pandora is also a must have app IMO.

The Google Maps GPS has never led me wrong...and I use it all the time FWTW.

Jailbreaking it is not worth it, makes your phone all glitchy...

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup....kindle app is pretty handy...and don't be afraid of the screen size, you get over it pretty quick

its nice always having a book with you ine the john en sech

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming that the apps work the same as on my phone...

redbox is super handy if you rent videos often
flixter is also fantastic for showtimes and whatnot

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Androids are better than iPhones? :lol:

I've had mine since they came out and have no issues with it. My buttons are all fine and the battery life is awesome. It's all how you take care of it. I am waiting for the 5 to come out in the Fall, almost pulled the trigger on the 4S but decided to wait.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you research and/or play with one before buying one? Or did you buy one because "everyone else was doing it"?

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, that^

er... it's outdated.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you research and/or play with one before buying one? Or did you buy one because "everyone else was doing it"?

I had a galaxy s and dropped it and it was fucked well they didn't have that phone anymore and tried to pawn a LG or Motorola off on me as a replacement so I said fuck that cause they looked like downgrades so I bought the iPhone 4s instead

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been having problems where it doesn't recognize me sliding my finger across the screen to unlock it, and I've only had mine for 7 months. It eventually gets it, but I'm concerned about this. Also, ever since the update that allows you to take pics and video's without unlocking it I've gotten a lot of pocket pics. I can imagine their has also been an uptick in cock pics, and other unwanted pictures since then.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a galaxy s and dropped it and it was fucked well they didn't have that phone anymore and tried to pawn a LG or Motorola off on me as a replacement so I said fuck that cause they looked like downgrades so I bought the iPhone 4s instead
Yeah, you should have just waited for the 5. I don't know, I've just never been much of a fan of iPhones in general.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you should have just waited for the 5. I don't know, I've just never been much of a fan of iPhones in general.

Well due to work I can't wait 4 months for a phone

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Androids are better than iPhones? :lol:

I've had mine since they came out and have no issues with it. My buttons are all fine and the battery life is awesome. It's all how you take care of it. I am waiting for the 5 to come out in the Fall, almost pulled the trigger on the 4S but decided to wait.

how big of a microsd card can you put in your iphone?
how is firefox?
how is flash video ?
how is the back button ?
how is email notification ?
how is setting default apps ?

:pound:

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well due to work I can't wait 4 months for a phone
They didn't have anymore S3s? Like, they couldn't order one for you? That makes no sense; it wouldn't have taken very long either.

Who is your carrier? Do they only have one store in your town or something? Did no other store have the phone?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have anymore S3s? Like, they couldn't order one for you? That makes no sense; it wouldn't have taken very long either.

Who is your carrier? Do they only have one store in your town or something? Did no other store have the phone?

No they called the other store and they stopped carrying samsung phones only iPhones they had were the S4 I use a locally owned carrier in oklahoma not one of the giant corporate ones. Pioneer Cellular.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apps to get:

Weather Channel
Find my friends
Pandora
netflix if you have an account
don't use safari unless you must, get the google app
Wingstop order ap :)
always handy to have a flashlight app, that lights up your flash, works well
I use the smugmug app for photos when I have time to open it. Just works better than stock camera app
Stupid Zombies for a game app. Free and kills a LOT of time for a free version

As for LoC, why do you need a microSD card? I've never had a problem with running out of space between the free cloud storage and the 16GB on the phone. Even back when I had the 4GB 3G I never ran out of room except the time I loaded the entire Beatles Anthology by accident. Why would you use firefox on the iPhone when the newest google app is better and faster? Chrome is pretty decent on here as well. What back button? You mean where you double click the home button to open any program that has been running in the background? Other than that, why would you need to go "back"? Email notification is freakin fast and works great. I can set a custom tone, vibrate, or no signal and just let the notification banner pop up and then access all of that through the notification center. Which by the way, is what I go to every time I open my phone. Setting default apps is easy, just drag em around where you want or set them on the ribbon at the bottom. I have a "quick access" grouping with my most used apps that I can launch very quickly.

Now let me ask you, how much battery life do you lose to your anti-virus Leader?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for non app stuff you should know, if you have a family member running iOS 5, have them get Find My Friends as well. Comes in handy. The wife and I have it turned on, so we know how far each of us is from home or wherever we are going. She locked herself out of her car somehow a few weeks ago at a friends house. I had no idea where she was, but used Find My Friend to get directions to her without having to ask for them over the phone.

The notification center you get to by swiping from the top down on any of the app launch screens. You can set what shows in there under the Settings App. I have my ticker across the top, CNN, email, and my Chase alerts there. When you get a banner alert and your phone is in your pocket, you may not know it. When you open the Notification center you can see all the ones you missed. Faster than opening Chase, email, and whatever stocks program you use.

Siri is kinda worthless. When you do ask her, she normally gets it right, but most things are just going to the web for you. She can set reminders or alarms really fast, that is all I use it for. Oh, and you can do location reminders. Like you can tell her "Remind me to take lunch home when I leave home" and when you move away from the house it will go off to remind you.

There are a lot of cool things, just gotta play around with it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Droid Motorola Razr MAXX shits on all iPhones. Sorry.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:)