• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got back from NU vs NW

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans were defiant till the end, despite a few jackasses heading to the exits with under two minutes left. Not the loudest crowd ever, but pretty good. The south and north endzones traded goal line stand noise and it was fun to see. Husker Power was strong in West vs. East.

Was in section 34 row 1. Sat right behind Enunwa when he fielded that last kickoff. As he came onto the field I was yelling shit at him. I think both he and I believed four yards deep or not, he was taking that bitch to the house. He didn't house it by far, but I love that mans spirit.

Cannot even start to describe the feeling at the end. Folks had tears of joy, hugging in the stands. It was absolutely the best moment. Maybe not Black 41 flash reverse level, but close.

And the exit to the tunnel right in front of us- My phone was dead or I'd be posting video, but RKIII's exit was a thing of beauty. He was the last guy off the field and the crowd showed him some love. Went underneath the stands right after and I think it must of been his mom like bearhugging him up the tunnel with his right arm around her shoulder.

It was fucking fantastic guys.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Had to be great to be there. I was at Nebraska Northwestern last year in Evanston.

It looks like Nebraska and Northwestern could be building a rivalry. Three crazy games.

I have another friend that was at the game, I will be calling her today. More than likely she has no voice.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crowd sounded amazing and Bo complimented them. Greg Sharpe had to talk loud for much of nthe game so he could be understood,

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a shot of me and my buddy on tv after the TD...we are both just standing there clapping stupidly. we didn't know what to do. that was after i had fallen off the bench i was standing on and hugged everyone around me. the student section was going nuts.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandhill, we could have waved to each other. I was in section 31 in the 4th row (but with how the stadium cuts up as it gets to the corner we were basically in the first row). We were directly on the lower most corner of the west stadium with no one in front of us. I was proudly wearing my "Bo Hates Me" shirt and if Bo would have turned to his right as he walked out he would have seen it. If I was smart enough to figure out how to post pics on here from my phone then I would. Hell, Eichorst was standing directly in front of me about 10 feet away. That ass kissing midget, Jim Rose, was with him. I wanted to jump down there and get right in Rose's face but I couldn't end over that far to get to his face.

My oldest had a flag football game that day at noon at Papio South. We got in our car at 1:11. Parked the car at my cousin's house on Claremont at 1:55. Got into the stadium with more than enough time. The 2 guys sitting next to me were moaning before kickoff that they wanted it to be a blowout either way early so they could leave at halftime to drink. I wanted to punch them. Why even fucking go to the game then? As the first half unfolded they were looking forward to leaving. Sure as shit, they left and never came back. Fucking dickheads!!!!

Right after Tommy's last INT to set up the FG for NW, there were fans starting to leave. Not a ton but they assumed NW would score a TD and milk the clock. Then we hold them to a FG and people started stopping and standing right below me. 4th and 15 for us and people start to leave again. Then we get the 1st down and people stop. Then 4 seconds left, everyone knows we have to throw to the ends one and NW calls a time out. People start to leave again because the chances are slim to none. Then it fucking happens!!!! People all that night asked me what the crowd was like when it happened and I really don't know. All my son and I did was grab each other's sweatshirts and jump up and down uncontrollably and scream "OH MY GOD" and a lot of curse words over and over and over and over. Almost lost control and fell over the railing once. They kept showing the replay on the screens. Every time the did, my son and I stopped to watch it and then jumped around some more. Them we would stop to watch the replay again and then jump some more. We did that over and over again. It was absolute chaos!!!!!

I have been in that stadium for lots of crazy big time plays like Crouch's catch vs Oklahoma, last second FG to beat a bad Colorado team, Keith Jones running wild, Tom Rathman going bonkers, Calvin Jones running all over Colorado, rainy games, snowy games, icy games. The game on Saturday was un-fucking-believable!!!!!

To share it with my oldest son was awesome as well. He has been to games in his life and they both have been exciting. 2009 Oklahoma when we won 10-3 in a defensive slugfest and then this one on Saturday. I am thinking he needs to go to more. At least I know if he goes then it will be an exciting game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story Jed

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how Jim Rose just always finds a way to weasel himself back on the inside. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him anymore.

I'm so going to look for you if we end up going to the same one again (assuming those are your normal seats). Might have to wander over and say hello and GBR.

Yeah right after the score I was seeing the catch but what really made it shocking was the roar. It was like a high-speed wave of roar around the stadium. And you mentioned the replays...roar went up again after each. With every replay my sister and I hugged/laughed/cheered again.

Absolute classic.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how Jim Rose just always finds a way to weasel himself back on the inside. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him anymore.

I'm so going to look for you if we end up going to the same one again (assuming those are your normal seats). Might have to wander over and say hello and GBR.

Yeah right after the score I was seeing the catch but what really made it shocking was the roar. It was like a high-speed wave of roar around the stadium. And you mentioned the replays...roar went up again after each. With every replay my sister and I hugged/laughed/cheered again.

Absolute classic.

Have never sat there before. I got them for free from my cousin's work.

Yeah, the roar of the crowd after each replay was hilarious!!!!!

I took a 3 minute video of all the players coming off the field from where we were. It is a little shaky because I was still going crazy. I kept saying "where is number 1" to my son. Don't know why I couldn't just say Westercamp's name. I was not thinking straight. It was so cool to be right there where the players walked off.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to a guy I work with. He and his 7 year old were at the game. Had the stereotypical father son great experience. Hot dogs, tunnel walk, band, game. Then half way through the 3rd quarter his son told him he had to go to the bathroom bad. They get to the bathroom, his son blows up the toilet. His dad makes an executive decision to leave because the likelihood of getting back to their seats and then needing to make a sprint to the bathroom was high. So they left and he had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio on the way home. Unfortunately his son didn't make it home clean.

Oh the joys and sacrifices of being a parent.

BTW, if you go look at the photo gallery of the NW game on Huskers.com, there is a pic from behind Westerkamp going off the field holding the ball in the air. My son and I are right above his head. My son is in a gray sweatshirt and I am right next to him.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to a guy I work with. He and his 7 year old were at the game. Had the stereotypical father son great experience. Hot dogs, tunnel walk, band, game. Then half way through the 3rd quarter his son told him he had to go to the bathroom bad. They get to the bathroom, his son blows up the toilet. His dad makes an executive decision to leave because the likelihood of getting back to their seats and then needing to make a sprint to the bathroom was high. So they left and he had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio on the way home. Unfortunately his son didn't make it home clean.

Oh the joys and sacrifices of being a parent.

BTW, if you go look at the photo gallery of the NW game on Huskers.com, there is a pic from behind Westerkamp going off the field holding the ball in the air. My son and I are right above his head. My son is in a gray sweatshirt and I am right next to him.

I think I have it.

Photo 49/114

This album

Photo Gallery: FB vs Northwestern - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Jed might be holding up his phone?

Thanks for the stories Jed.

Whose Mom is next to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game until it was over and they had shots of the crowd going nuts

B10 Network replayed the last play and I had 2 thoughts

1. #12 eats a lot and can throw far

2. the Dude that caught the ball has to drive a Trans Am with that mustache

incredible moment in time for both those guys

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have it.

Photo 49/114

This album

Photo Gallery: FB vs Northwestern - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Jed might be holding up his phone?

Thanks for the stories Jed.

Whose Mom is next to you?

Yes, I am holding my phone recording everyone come off the field.

Hahaha, no "mom" next to me but there is a hot box blonde on the other side of my son. She squeezed in next to my son for the whole game. I kept telling him to tell her that if she doesn't have enough room then she could sit on his lap.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am holding my phone recording everyone come off the field.

Hahaha, no "mom" next to me but there is a hot box blonde on the other side of my son. She squeezed in next to my son for the whole game. I kept telling him to tell her that if she doesn't have enough room then she could sit on his lap.

Great pick for your boy's scrapbook Jed. Do you have a copy of it, or do you want me to snip it for you?

I can put it in your PM.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched the play again about 25 more times.....

So unbelievably awesome

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pic with me and my sister top and center. Blurry and all that.

Jed, saw the one with you and your son. Cool as shit brotha.

Attachments

• huskerspic.JPG
    huskerspic.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 24