• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just bought my first gun!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been looking for a specific gun for over a year with no luck at all. Just getting something for fun at the range and out in the mountains with friends. Since Ruger released this model it's been near impossible to find and has excellent reviews. I found a person in FL selling one new in box in gunbroker and offered a good price and they agreed. Very excited to shoot it when it comes in:

ksp_341x_1ef_64e_0d_1c_519d_9d-tfb.jpg

Ruger SP101 .357 with a 4.2" barrel. Gorgeous gun

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job. Welcome to the world of gun ownership. I would suggest that you fire 38 special for a bit to get your aim down so you dont get the flinch.

357 mag is pretty damn strong and you will probably end up anticipating recoil and that will seriously effect your ability to hit the targets.

I have a S&W 686 and I replaced the front sites with something similar to this gun's fiber sight.

Enjoy and get out and shoot.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awsome....everyone should own a gun....remember that Japan is quoted in history as saying the reason they didn't invade the US isn't because of the US's military but because of the people that owned guns....they couldn't know who would be shooting at them......Texas is still a representative of that type of system.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awsome....everyone should own a gun....remember that Japan is quoted in history as saying the reason they didn't invade the US isn't because of the US's military but because of the people that owned guns....they couldn't know who would be shooting at them......Texas is still a representative of that type of system.
Nope! Many people should absolutely not own a gun. These are the morons who apply makeup while driving on the freeway. The mouth-breathers who leave their kids and dogs in the car for hours on end when it's 90 degrees outside. The jackasses who storm a WalMart on Black Friday and trample people to death so they can save $50 on a tv.

A gun is a tool that can used to end another person's life quite easily. That is a responsibility too many people are simply unable to take on.

And Japan invading the US is absolutely laughable. Their one military advantage was taking everyone completely by surprise and sacrificing their own pilots in the process. They can say what they want, but some citizens with shotguns would have been the last thing on the minds of the Japanese military had it tried to invade the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone should own guns. We don't need the USA government to defend us, will light um up.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone should own guns. We don't need the USA government to defend us, will light um up.
I just don't understand this way of thinking. Do you not think having a gun is a responsibility?

What does the "USA government" have to do with your every day life? Nothing.

Such a well thought out response

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: nice, and welcome to the gun owners club :)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope! Many people should absolutely not own a gun. These are the morons who apply makeup while driving on the freeway. The mouth-breathers who leave their kids and dogs in the car for hours on end when it's 90 degrees outside. The jackasses who storm a WalMart on Black Friday and trample people to death so they can save $50 on a tv.

A gun is a tool that can used to end another person's life quite easily. That is a responsibility too many people are simply unable to take on.

And Japan invading the US is absolutely laughable. Their one military advantage was taking everyone completely by surprise and sacrificing their own pilots in the process. They can say what they want, but some citizens with shotguns would have been the last thing on the minds of the Japanese military had it tried to invade the US.

Nah....When looking at a gun....even the dumbest people smarten up. And if you're really a dumbass and own a gun, you'll shoot yourself or run up against a smart gun owner who will settle the deal. Problem solved.

Let everyone carry...all the time. Protecting us from ourselves is what got us here today.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been looking for a specific gun for over a year with no luck at all. Just getting something for fun at the range and out in the mountains with friends. Since Ruger released this model it's been near impossible to find and has excellent reviews. I found a person in FL selling one new in box in gunbroker and offered a good price and they agreed. Very excited to shoot it when it comes in:

btw...nice looking gun. But too much for me. I'd be shooting 38's through it. It's not so much the size as it is the expense. But that one will stop a truck. Good Luck to ya.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lock and Load brother

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone owned a gun, then there's a chance the real dummies will shoot themselves in their reproductive organs. Win - win!!

Anyway, nice piece. I really like stainless and a good revolver is the way to start. When I think of being a little kid shooting a .32 semi-auto down in the marsh, probably the only time anything was a little dangerous was when that POS gun would jam and I'd have to dick with it. No problems with a revolver.
Learn to make each shot count rather than popping off a few at a time.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see why you SHOULDN"T own a gun, superiority complex and obviously a moron in history...remember who you call when someone breaks into your house....a guy with a gun....I just save the 20 min wait but again who's to argue which way is the better decision. Good Luck

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to all:

Rules of this forum are pretty simple.

Guns & Shooting Discussions related to guns and shooting. Not intended for politican or gun control debates. If you don't like guns and shooting, stay out of this forum. Absolutely no trolling or debates under threat of permaban.

Dont clog up any threads with your political bullshit. If you dont like guns then dont come in here.

Thanks

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand this way of thinking. Do you not think having a gun is a responsibility?

What does the "USA government" have to do with your every day life? Nothing.

Such a well thought out response

The problem with your logic is the morons will have guns regardless of the law.

People who take the time to shop, get concealed weapon permits, get fingerprinted by the FBI, etc. generally don't commit crimes.

The criminals give firearms a bad name.. but they are criminals so no amount of laws will stop that.

The sickening part to me as a parent was criminals pick gun free zones to do the most carnage... it would have only taken 1 concealed weapon permit holder in Sandy Hook and things could have been very different. But instead he executed children... and it keeps me up at night.

You confuse responsible gun ownership (what is being discussed here) with criminal gun ownership (something you will never stop.. even if they outlawed all firearms tomorrow and confiscated them, the demand among criminals would skyrocket, so then we would get a new illegal import as prices rise).

You can't even have a logical debate about firearms until you close the border 100%.. which is the irony I find with the left's argument.

So... as a responsibly gun owner, I carry concealed and it saved my ass in Miami on more than a few occasions but you won't hear those stats anywhere because it doesn't fit the media's agenda.

I take my 8 year old to shoot a Ruger 10/22 ... teaches her respect for firearms and she loves doing it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...nice looking gun. But too much for me. I'd be shooting 38's through it. It's not so much the size as it is the expense. But that one will stop a truck. Good Luck to ya.

Yeah, I carried a S&W 340PD hammerless for my concealed for years... great little gun to carry concealed but since it weights about 8 ounces.. if you have to shoot it, your hand will feel it. Not real accurate... and with .357 it is downright painful.

Now I carry a Glock 27 .40 cal...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats by the way... nice piece. Enjoy it.. I am sure it won't be your last purchase!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, enough with the political stuff. I obviously have different views about gun ownership than others and that's fine. What's not fine is personally attacking someone because of their views (da55bums)

Thanks for the posts from the positive posters. I'm looking forward to going out and have a good time shooting this thing when it arrives. Probably not my last purchase since I'm looking at a semi-auto like a Glock compact .40 or .45 as well.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, enough with the political stuff. I obviously have different views about gun ownership than others and that's fine. What's not fine is personally attacking someone because of their views (da55bums)

Thanks for the posts from the positive posters. I'm looking forward to going out and have a good time shooting this thing when it arrives. Probably not my last purchase since I'm looking at a semi-auto like a Glock compact .40 or .45 as well.

Wonderful and thanks.

As far as the Glock why 40 or 45??

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful and thanks.

As far as the Glock why 40 or 45??
No real specific reason so far. That's just what I've had in mind. I've shot the 9mm a few times and that's also a possibility, but the .40 seems a little more versatile as far as stopping power is concerned.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real specific reason so far. That's just what I've had in mind. I've shot the 9mm a few times and that's also a possibility, but the .40 seems a little more versatile as far as stopping power is concerned.

I'm a fan of the Hornady Critical Defense rounds in 9mm. If they don't stop whatever you shoot, you're fucked anyway.