• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just a simple poll

Do you think Bo Pelini will bring Nebraska back to prominence.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious where people fall in this.

It is going to be a yes or no question.

Do you think Bo Pelini will bring Nebraska back to prominence.

Not asking if this year, next year or 5 years from now. Go ahead and post your reasons and thoughts but the poll is just is he going to get the job done.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No yes's? Come on guys. I know you're out there. Or do all of you who are calling us naysayers no the answer too but just not ready to voice it?

Pelini has put undisciplined mediocre teams out consistently.

If we are going to be satisfied with being mediocre than we need to just admit it and say he has already got the job done. Iowa has done it so it can be done. :lol: sorry jerm and hruf, couldn't resist.

Seriously though I think everyone knows he will not return Nebraska to prominence. I would define that as winning CCG's and BCS bowls on a consistent basis. Just some are not ready to admit it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a yes!! Wanna give your thoughts WR?

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although my rose colored glasses may be a bit scratched up at the current time, the defense is young and will take maybe more than just this season to come around. I do believe that somehow they will soon figure out how to stop the run. Now, I'm not saying that the current staff will still be intact when this happens, but I do think Bo will still be at the helm.

Call me optimistic I suppose.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just plain and simple think Bo didnt know wtf he was doing in recruiting until 2 yrs ago.. hes pulled in a couple pretty good classes to bring the athletes in

We'll see where it goes from here

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although my rose colored glasses may be a bit scratched up at the current time, the defense is young and will take maybe more than just this season to come around. I do believe that somehow they will soon figure out how to stop the run. Now, I'm not saying that the current staff will still be intact when this happens, but I do think Bo will still be at the helm.

Call me optimistic I suppose.

My problem with that is that this is Bo's defense. He has done nothing to hide that fact. He is right there in the middle of it.

As for the youth this year they are young, last year they were not and what was put on the field was not acceptable then there is no reason to believe he can develop these players.

The offense is not young but we are still getting drives killed because of false starts and illegal formations.

Yes things have gotten much better with Beck but the signature lack of discipline is still there. The consistent theme of Pelini teams has been discipline or lack of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not everybody can be an elite HC and it doesn't matter the program.

For the most part Pelini is winning the games he should against overmatched programs, but he doesn't win those games going away like Osborne did. Pelini is not very competitive against programs that are on par with Nebraska.

Nebraska is not physically dominant, doesn't play good fundamental football, and doesn't seem to spend game week prepping efficiently for games.

Nebraska was fortunate to get to 10 wins last season and just happened to come out on the better end of about 4-5 coin flip games. Northwestern, Mich St, Mich, Penn St, Iowa.

10 wins is probably top end. 9 wins generally, and occasional 8 or 7 win seasons sprinkled in.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you see as prominence?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Pelini loses the support of the boosters, he'll either make the necessary changes or he'll be out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't believe issuing Blackshirts before the season was Bo's idea. I think he was told to restore the tradition. Do you really think the defense we saw Saturday night had Bo fooled in fall camp?. Me neither.

He spent his first 5 years 'doing it his way' and the results weren't pretty. He was given a chance to 'do it his way' and those who fund the program began to voice that enough was enough. If the defense was going to be sub-par anyway, at least bring back tradition.

Bo spent his first few years being a smart-ass to the media and holding fans in contempt. He looks the fool now so he's caving as a last ditch effort to finally get along. Hence the youtube vids, blackshirts, etc. I see it as a last ditch effort to quell criticism and buy a little more time.

Me thinks a good number of boosters are growing restless amid the blowouts and sloppy play. They may also hold a bit of a grudge from when Pelini was being such a dick to so many his first few years.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo will eventually get a conference title, but I don't see us winning a National Title with him, especially with the playoff starting up. I think eventually he'll be able to get the team ready for a big time game (conference championship), but don't think he'll be able to do it for multiple back to back type weeks like a National Title playoff format will require.