• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julio Jones

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this turf toe seems to be lingering and he is supposed to play anyway, but he still will be a game time decision. I have read a couple reports that say that they are planning on using him only as a decoy. Not sure how much stock I put into that, since if I am reading it, what is to stop the Rams from reading it as well, but whatever.

So, I have plenty of options if he sits, including Gabriel, but my question is should I trust him if he plays? Not only is there the chance that he is used as a decoy, but there is also the chance of re-injuring the foot in the first quarter or so and putting up a dud anyway.

I know, I know, NBYS. And I am usually the one leading the charge on this, but this is the playoffs where we over-analyze and overthink everything. I am thinking about starting both Julio and Gabriel, considering one of the two should have a great game. I also have Tevin Coleman on my bench and can stick him in there over someone like Crowell or Kelvin Benjiman. I have Rashad Jennings on the bench as well, since Vereen is supposed to be back. And then there is Allen Robinson... that m0ther fokker.

Maybe I should just post my entire lineup and let you guys pick it apart and tell me how bad I suck...

PPR

QB - Aaron Rodgers. Luck, if it is snowing bad. Maybe Luck anyway.
RB - Rawls
RB - Lat Murray
WR - Julio
WR - Mike Evans
TE - Witten
Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Kelvin Benjiman
Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Crowell
IDP - McKinney
Def - Minnesota
K - Vinatieri

Bench

QB - Luck
RB - Tevin Coleman, Terrence West, Justin Forsette, Rashad Jennings
WR - Gabriel, Allen Robinson
TE - Ladarius Green

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you get luck AND Rodgers?

The only change I might make is green in for witten. Maybe gabriel in for Benjamin because Julio probably won't be julio this weekend.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could answer you.... I have the same problem in MBBRL.

Effing Julio!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario 1: Julio toughs it out and is his elite self.
Scenario 2: Julio toughs it out, but is a decoy. (30 yards or less)
Scenario 3: Julio is a "decoy", but the Rams treat him as such and has three catches and two TD.
Scenario 4: Julio can't go after the morning warm-up, so.........

Gabriel...does he make an adequate replacement in a cross country game with the defense knowing what he can do now? I added him, but I don't feel great about it. Wouldn't surprise me to see Austin have a better game.

I'm really gonna have to close my eyes and click this week.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you get luck AND Rodgers?

The only change I might make is green in for witten. Maybe gabriel in for Benjamin because Julio probably won't be julio this weekend.

Surprised the hell out of me. I was the 2nd to go QB (Cam went the pick before me) in the 5th round (10 team league). Luck was still sitting there in the 8th, so I couldn't pass up the value. I thought for sure I would be able to trade one of them, but nobody ever really bit on it, so I kept them both. I figure, it's better to sit on my bench than to be in my opponent's starting lineup.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario 1: Julio toughs it out and is his elite self.
Scenario 2: Julio toughs it out, but is a decoy. (30 yards or less)
Scenario 3: Julio is a "decoy", but the Rams treat him as such and has three catches and two TD.
Scenario 4: Julio can't go after the morning warm-up, so.........

Gabriel...does he make an adequate replacement in a cross country game with the defense knowing what he can do now? I added him, but I don't feel great about it. Wouldn't surprise me to see Austin have a better game.

I'm really gonna have to close my eyes and click this week.
Whenever I give advise in this situation, I always say, "When you look back on this week, do you really want to have the chance that you sat (insert stud here) when they went off for 30+ points and it cost you a playoff game?"

That's why I am leaning on starting both Julio and Gabriel. I figure it is the best way to "hedge my bet", so to say.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I give advise in this situation, I always say, "When you look back on this week, do you really want to have the chance that you sat (insert stud here) when they went off for 30+ points and it cost you a playoff game?"

That's why I am leaning on starting both Julio and Gabriel. I figure it is the best way to "hedge my bet", so to say.

I like this advice.

My gut says to sit Julio, but that could be because I am playing against him in two playoff matchups and I really want him to be a decoy.

Gabriel may be a must start this week. If Julio suits up, whether he is a decoy or not the Rams will show him respect. With Sanu out, Gabriel will get more targets than normal. His RAC ability makes him a good bet for a TD and a decent yardage total.

If Julio sits, you have Coleman who you can easily slide in for him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I saw this thread and the update on my cell earlier. Still had him on my roster. :tsk::mad2: