• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julian Green to Germany or USA?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great one will choose not to play for us

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Obviously this was a big decision, and I spent a long time discussing it with my family," Green said in a statement released by U.S. Soccer. "I was born in Florida and my father still lives there, so I have deep roots in the U.S. I'm very proud to be representing the United States."

Julian Green of Bayern Munich picks U.S. over Germany - ESPN FC

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Tuesday, 18-year-old German-American Bayern Munich prospect Julian Green committed to making a one-time switch and represent the United States internationally, after a long courtship by head coach Jurgen Klinsmann. On Wednesday morning, FOX Soccer caught up with Green's Tampa, Fla.-based father Jerry, to elaborate on his son's decision.

FOX Soccer: Have you spoken to Julian since his decision was announced?
Jerry Green: Yeah, I talked to him a little bit yesterday. He was very happy and looking forward to going out and playing --“ really excited about it.

FOX: Why did he choose the United States?
JG: I think a lot of it has to do with the comfort level that he feels with the teammates of his and also a lot has to do with the coach.

FOX: How long does Klinsmann's courtship of Julian date back?
JG: Two or three years, it's hard to say. Klinsmann first of all is a great coach, Julian knows that. Of course, he also knows that Klinsmann played for Bayern and he coached Bayern for a little while. So there's that connection there and I think that's a very strong and deep connection for Julian, to know that there is a coach there that he identifies with and has a lot of respect for. At the end of the day, that was probably the thing that won out at the end.