• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judges verdict: Takeover Brooklyn II

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we here kinda ingore takeovers. I'll do this special segment.

Aries vs Jose: I've been critical of Jose but he put on a decent match. Maybe it's because of Aries Carried him or something. 3/5

Moon/Kay: This was a great match. I enjoyed everything about it. Moon is a different kind of "diva". Half Chyna and Half Molly Holly. Keep a eye on her. 4.5/5

Roode/Aies: Good match. The "Glorious" gimmick might work. It seems over with the Brooklyn crowd. 4/5

Revival/ DIY: This stoled the Mother Fucking Show like Bailey/Banks did last year. Simply Amazing. Must see match if you have the Network and decide to watch Takeover. 5.5/5

Bailey/Akasa: Too Short. I'm beinging to hate Akasa. She is a hazard to fight with. She can wrestle but she injures people. Ask Dana. Ask Bailey. That might be why it was too short but... 1.5/5

Joe/Nakamora is going on now

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe/ Nakamera: Terrific match. Not as good as Tag tittle match but still. Shinkuke got to work on his finisher because it broke joes jaw. 5/5

Verdict time. Last year it was awesome. From match 1 to the main event. This year was tbe same....... Except for Women's title match bur aired my giverence. 8/10

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad NXT is around to give a lot of fans what they want to see. I just can't get into it because I don't like watching just straight wrestling. I have the same problem with the CruiserWeight Classic, I know it's great but I can't watch just straight wresting. I'm the type of person who loves the promos and stories in wrestling but fast forwards through the matches unless I'm watching it live.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Revival name just isn't a gimmick. They really do wrestle an 80's style tag match. They cut off the ring. Double team the babyface. Distract the ref. It's perfect tag team psychology. Builds towards a great hot tag. They always put on a great match. I didn't think last night was a 5 star match but it was excellent as usual.

Bayley seemed to get a farewell. The SD roster needs another female star. The only thing is Becky and Bayley have a similar appeal and profile. I feel like Becky would have to eventually turn heel to setup a WM feud and match down the road.

Loved Roode's over the top entrance. I never saw him as a WWE main event caliber guy when he was in TNA like I did Styles and Joe so I'm a little surprised at the overall fanfare. Solid hand in the ring and a decent promo.

Joe/Nakamura was probably my match of the night. Really close call between that and the tag title match. As physical as expected. I really, really hope the X for Joe was to add drama to the post-match celebration and not for a real injury. He's definitely in line for a call up very soon. Probably fantasy booking on my part, but with his history with Cena and Styles I thought he could have had a role in tonight's match

Last edited:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm glad NXT is around to give a lot of fans what they want to see. I just can't get into it because I don't like watching just straight wrestling. I have the same problem with the CruiserWeight Classic, I know it's great but I can't watch just straight wresting. I'm the type of person who loves the promos and stories in wrestling but fast forwards through the matches unless I'm watching it live.

I'm the same way. I don't watch NXT week to week, mostly just the takeover specials. Bret Hart, Jim Ross, the newsletter guys all say the weekly Raw and SD shows should be centered around more wrestling. I always like the weekly shows having skits and angles and promos that build towards a big match at the PPV. Makes the wrestling seem more of big deal when it happens

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch NXT, but Roode's TNA World Title reign is arguably the GOAT TNA World Title run. Glad he is having success. He is an extremely talented wrestler that deserves all of the success in the world.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nakamura's entrance was fire

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch NXT so can someone explain the glorious thing with Rhode? It can totally work and seems over but such a huge difference than I saw him in NXT. Plus he blue balled everyone with 99% copying Flair except at the very last second he'd stop from ripping him completely off.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news. Meltzer said Joe's injury was a work
I am guessing he puts over Nakamura one last time and then he's main roster bound