• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Smith

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am OK with letting the rooks pitch at this time of year but this completely useless piece of clown shit should never have had a big-league uniform. He has zero knowledge of the strike zone. Price could have found anybody to pitch better than this. Cut this clown and stop clogging the system.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turkey spends the entire game pitching out of a stretch.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Josh Smith pitch in Louisville earlier this season and my first impression was he's mediocre at best and expendable. He's not currently in the rotation because he has a future with the Reds, he's already on the 40 man and allows them to delay the arbitration clock while preserving option years on their top pitching prospects.

The Reds have used 14 different SP's to this point and will easily exceed 100+ starts by a rookie. They've ran out of viable candidates and are scraping the bottom of the depth chart.

Moving forward it will be benificial to the future success of the organization to have it's rotation reach free agency in staggered years. Having 4 SP's with the same FA year crippled this team. The perfect scenario would be to add one, or two at most each year.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Reds really have to think about adding another experienced starter, somebody along the lines of a Bailey in terms of talent. Could be, it's a rental. There is no way to expect a team to play .500 ball when the entire rotation runs out of gas in the middle of the 4th inning. There simply is no bullpen that good.
In fact, I'd be OK if they bought back Leake's contract. Problem is, there really isn't anybody to trade except maybe Barnhart or Suarez. And both of those guys are staring down the barrel with Mesoraco and Cozart either ready to play or complete busts.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had to pitch to the end of season. Smith was getting innings.

The big problem is the Reds cant sign (trade or otherwise) anyone making any kind of MLB money, without cutting the same amount. They have over $60M tied up in 4 players. If $110M is the payroll limit, that means the 21 other guys can only make an average of just over $2M each. That means rookies. pre-arb youngsters and the Kevin Gregg's and Brennan Boesh's of the MLB landfill.

If the incompetent ass Reds had produced a single OF in the last quarter century that could hit .260, I'd say they need to trade Bruce...ironically, not sure they can do better internally. Maybe better getting someone elses AA OF for him ?