• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some positives, eh?

You can't help but be extremely excited about how the kid is performing. Only 21 years old! Rarely do you see a back that young come into the league so well rounded. He runs hard, he blocks well and he's been great catching the ball out of the backfield.

He's averaging nearly 6.0 YPC! Already with 422 total yards after only two starts and very limited snaps in two other games. I know his two starts have been against softer defense's, but he really runs hard and I don't think I've seen him fall backwards after contact yet. He gains a lot of yards after contact, and seems to always find a way to turn a play that looks stopped at the LOS, into a 3-4 yard gain. The guy has straight up moved the chains, and I don't think it's a coincidence that we went from being the worst team in the league in time of possession to winning the T.O.P. battle in our last two games in which he started.

After watching this little exclusive with him that the Bears did, he's quickly becoming my favorite young player on the team. The story about him losing his father is very touching, especially to me or anyone else that lost their father at a young age. It seems like we scored a real hard working, class act of a young man. He's not the fastest guy in the league, but he's a tough S.O.B. to take down and he can beat you in quite a few different ways.

Its not very fun to be a fan of this team right now. Although, I do get the feeling that we'll see this guy be a key part of some big wins in the future. Let's get him a QB that get help him with that, huh?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have injury concerns because of his running style. I Love his style but Forte never took a big hit, and that was smart. Boring but smart. I really like Howard and really really did not want Langford as the starter. Even tho Howard deserves much praise let's not forget the Oline played great and the competition was lesser. Still very excited, can't wait to see if he can run on GB & MN.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have injury concerns because of his running style. I Love his style but Forte never took a big hit, and that was smart. Boring but smart. I really like Howard and really really did not want Langford as the starter. Even tho Howard deserves much praise let's not forget the Oline played great and the competition was lesser. Still very excited, can't wait to see if he can run on GB & MN.

I don't think Howard has really taken a shot yet. Seems he's the one delivering the punishment. His running style is deceiving...he seems like a bruiser at first glance, but his vision and patience is spectacular, and his balance and center of gravity is almost always in the right position to win the battle.

I think his running style is conducive to him NOT getting hurt.

I think he is going to be a star.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Howard has really taken a shot yet. Seems he's the one delivering the punishment. His running style is deceiving...he seems like a bruiser at first glance, but his vision and patience is spectacular, and his balance and center of gravity is almost always in the right position to win the battle.

I think his running style is conducive to him NOT getting hurt.

I think he is going to be a star.

Yeah, I was about to say. Howard has even said himself after both games that he has yet to take a hit.

Forte was often injured despite going down rather easily and running out of bounds at times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell, he has had injury's in collage from banging so it's only fair to expect some of the same at this level. I agree so far he has avoided the big hit. I like Howard as much as you guys but I'm waiting for the GB and MN games before I get over excited. Well trying too.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week the biggest memory was standing up a linebacker at the first down marker, getting the first down, then getting plowed into by a lineman out of bounds to add 15 to the play.

He reminds me more of Payton that Forte when he finishes runs, but taking or giving big hits both have bearings on making it thru the season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but just imagine how Forte would have done in this system with this O line. :tsk:

>sarcasm off<

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week the biggest memory was standing up a linebacker at the first down marker, getting the first down, then getting plowed into by a lineman out of bounds to add 15 to the play.

He reminds me more of Payton that Forte when he finishes runs, but taking or giving big hits both have bearings on making it thru the season.

Obviously I don't think he's as gifted as Payton, but they really do have similar styles. Payton, like Howard, never had break away speed. However, he compensated by running extremely hard and fine tuning every aspect of his game. For age 21, I'm not sure I've seen a back this well rounded. Not to mention, his vision at the line of scrimmage is VERY impressive.