• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Stinchcomb just released.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me interested.

Jon Stinchcomb - T - Saints

Saints released RT Jon Stinchcomb.
Stinchcomb made the Pro Bowl as recently as 2009, but he couldn't get over the hump with recent knee injuries. The Saints will go young at the position, opening right tackle to competition between Zach Strief and Charles Brown. Brown was the 64th overall pick in 2010 and has a ton of ability. The reliable Strief has been New Orleans' swing tackle for the past two seasons.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was brooks the one going up against him last game? Seemed to be beating him quite a bit if so.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have been, he's coming off a knee surgery and ain't 100% yet. So could be a vet min kind of guy.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't hurt to get a physical and see him in some drills...noting has me more worried from game one than our Tackles...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm defiantly interested. I don't see him being worse than Davis was last year. Maybe Goodwin could give him a call.

I think he did struggle against us though. but if he isn't 100% he is still worth the risk to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if we are gonna start collecting ex-Saints I'm all about keeping an eye on Brees. He's got to be borderline to make the team.....

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm defiantly interested. I don't see him being worse than Davis was last year. Maybe Goodwin could give him a call.

I think he did struggle against us though. but if he isn't 100% he is still worth the risk to me.
Worth a look. at least a solid vet for depth. He may have lost a step but could be an upgrade to davis. Hoping that davis puts it together, though

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once again I'm not saying it would definitely be a new city, same results kind of thing or even that PFF is correct in this situation, whether that is good or bad, but...

Help Wanted: New Orleans Saints | ProFootballFocus.com

Worse still was the decline of Jon Stinchcomb, who went from a PFF suggested Pro Bowler in 2009 to a man too often beaten in 2010. His playoff showing against Seattle was a display that really should worry Saints fans thinking about next year. So, with both offensive tackles struggling, surely it makes sense to pick up a brand spanking new one? Well perhaps not. Not only do you have a high pick invested in Charles Brown, but the Saints have shown they don’t really need excellent offensive tackles to succeed.

----------------------------------

Pressure Into Sacks | ProFootballFocus.com

I’ll skip past the team in third place because I’d be repeating myself an awful lot if I discussed Drew Brees, given he did for Jermon Bushrod and Jon Stinchcomb what Peyton Manning did for his tackles in 2010 – kept the glare off of their inadequacies.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sickness,

Stinchcomb had three years left on a five-year extension he signed in 2009. He was due about $2.25 million in base salary this season.

I would be interested too

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's getting beat like our young guys, then why go after him?

Come on Davis man up!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's getting beat like our young guys, then why go after him?

Come on Davis man up!

I think the risk people are willing to take on him, depends on his ability to come back from his injury. Pre-injury he was a pro bowler. With each year that passes, a come back seems less likely, but it's still recent enough that i'd give him a chance. Saints cut him after the first preseason game in a short off season, there is a possibility that he just hasn't had time to get back into football shape.

I wouldn't give him a huge deal, but someone who recently played on the level, should at least be looked at.

I do wish the best for Davis, I'd love to see him turn into a dominate player, but he has been a major weakness.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll skip past the team in third place because I’d be repeating myself an awful lot if I discussed Drew Brees, given he did for Jermon Bushrod and Jon Stinchcomb what Peyton Manning did for his tackles in 2010 – kept the glare off of their inadequacies.

That's pretty telling...