• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John McEnroe condemns ‘homophobic’ Margaret Court to ‘past where she belongs’

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None if which addresses the camel/eye/needle passage.... it's pretty damned clear in what it says

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven"

it doesn't state a wealthy man can't go to heaven, it simply implies the wealthy often worship their worldly riches and life, above their spiritual needs, and the only way to get to heaven is through grace, by recognizing spiritual poverty, not through earthly accomplishments.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven"

it doesn't state a wealthy man can't go to heaven, it simply implies the wealthy often worship their worldly riches and life, above their spiritual needs, and the only way to get to heaven is through grace, by recognizing spiritual poverty, not through earthly accomplishments.
A camel cannot go through the eye of a needle, so a rich man cannot go into Heaven. End of story, at least according to Jesus relayed through three of his disciples. If it were a 2-2 split between the four canonical gospels, then there would be room for debate....

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A camel cannot go through the eye of a needle, so a rich man cannot go into Heaven. End of story, at least according to Jesus relayed through three of his disciples. If it were a 2-2 split between the four canonical gospels, then there would be room for debate....

apparently you don't understand hyperbole or context. and saying easier, doesn't mean can't.

John 3:16 ESV - “For God so loved the world,… | Biblia

that includes everyone.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it weren't for Roger, I bet Andy Roddick would have won another grand slam or 2

Roddick did himself in at other tournaments though. Losing to Lu, losing multiple times to Tipsarevic, etc.

Roger had nothing to do with those losses.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he and his brother are great in calling matches. Two of the best out there.

No they're not.

Darren Cahill, Cliff Drysdale, Chris Evert are better.

John McEnroe is ok, but I'd rather have a greater mix of the others. I don't want John McEnroe as much as he appears, and I want some of the other people a little more.

Some McEnroe is good.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roddick did himself in at other tournaments though. Losing to Lu, losing multiple times to Tipsarevic, etc.

I liked Roddick as a player except when he played Fed. But even then I felt bad for that Ill fated Wimbledon where Roddick was so close to winning but Fed denied him. Fed had that done to him by Nadal, Djokovic and DelPo so it all balances out.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree

but seeing as Andy's 4 losses in grand slam finals were all to Roger Federer, I think I can say without question, Roger was the reason he didn't have another grand slam.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he and his brother are great in calling matches. Two of the best out there.
Nah! You are just saying that cause they say good stuff about the Williams sister!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah! You are just saying that cause they say good stuff about the Williams sister!
I like hearing them call matches.

Patrick more than John.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patrick more than John.
Casual viewer, but sometimes I get them mixed up when I only hear the voices.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patrick more than John.
I used to like JMac and Patrick McEnroe when Fed and Roddick first appeared in the tennis radar as rising and future champs. I still remember Patrick say that these two will be the biggest rivals on tour in one match and that the two will be winning slams between them. I remember JMac saying that he will do a headstand during the famous Agassi vs Sampras match that went to tiebreaks In all four sets.

somewhere down the road along Fed’s career JMac really flipped a geriatric switch and started saying weird stuff especially about the Fed vs Nadal rivalry giving props to Nadal and not measuring Federer’s merits properly when considering the h2h.

the ones I really like much better than these two brothers are the commentators on tennis TV channel like Robbie Koenig and a few others. Their commentary seems more down to earth, objective and unbiased than the Mac brothers who come across as disdainful, snobbish and conceited. Especially regarding the sisters and Nadal. Their heads seem to be stuck in these two athletes butt crack and they have acute tunnel vision.