• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Frusciante back with Red Hot Chili Peppers

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best possible news if you’re a chili peppers fan.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His under the radar solo stuff is great, I’ve always thought.

Really hoping he brings some new/old life back into the band.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has always been the creative heart of the band. He was part of all their most successful albums despite being their second guitarist after the death of Hillel Slovak. Great guitarist but troubled guy. Rumor is he ran out of money and that the peppers know they are kind of worthless without him and need another hit record.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has always been the creative heart of the band. He was part of all their most successful albums despite being their second guitarist after the death of Hillel Slovak. Great guitarist but troubled guy. Rumor is he ran out of money and that the peppers know they are kind of worthless without him and need another hit record.

ALWAYS is a stretch, as he joined for their 4th album...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. @shopson67 I just happened to come across this after you replied to my thread roughly 15 minutes ago.

Big news considering their last two albums have been a bit underwhelming.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. @shopson67 I just happened to come across this after you replied to my thread roughly 15 minutes ago.

Big news considering their last two albums have been a bit underwhelming.

I grew to like I'm With You a lot more after watching their live "In The Basement" on MTV Live multiple times. The B-sides from that album are good too (I got them on CD packaged with the Australian version of The Getaway. I was less impressed with The Getaway, largely due to Danger Mouse's production (I didn't like his production with the Black Keys either). He added too many keyboards to both bands IMO.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew to like I'm With You a lot more after watching their live "In The Basement" on MTV Live multiple times. The B-sides from that album are good too (I got them on CD packaged with the Australian version of The Getaway. I was less impressed with The Getaway, largely due to Danger Mouse's production (I didn't like his production with the Black Keys either). He added too many keyboards to both bands IMO.
I’m with you is definitely the best of the post Frusciante era (mkii).

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALWAYS is a stretch, as he joined for their 4th album...
Also, One Hot Minute is awesome and criminally underrated. Think it’s fair to say he asserts himself as the creative force when he’s in the band, but they’ve done some good stuff without him too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, One Hot Minute is awesome and criminally underrated. Think it’s fair to say he asserts himself as the creative force when he’s in the band, but they’ve done some good stuff without him too.

The guitar player always has a good deal of room in RHCP to put his stamp on the band's sound (again, other than maybe on the Getaway due to the added keyboards IMO). John's style within the band has definitely shaped the band over his years with them and has his individual style changed.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm With You was hit and miss for the most part, and the album title was/is a bit of a turnoff. Avril Lavigne anyone?

By The Way is easily their most underrated album of the new millennium. Plenty of hidden gems in that one. However, I thought their 1991 blood sugar sex magik album was overrated. While it had their most important song in Under the Bridge, I felt the album in its entirety was underwhelming...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

honestly, One Hot Minute is my favorite RHCP album

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm With You was hit and miss for the most part, and the album title was/is a bit of a turnoff. Avril Lavigne anyone?

By The Way is easily their most underrated album of the new millennium. Plenty of hidden gems in that one. However, I thought their 1991 blood sugar sex magik album was overrated. While it had their most important song in Under the Bridge, I felt the album in its entirety was underwhelming...

Who the hell cares what Avril names an album, lol? I wouldn't know and wouldn't care.

BSSM is better than anything that has followed for RHCP. Anything after One Hot Minute has too many slower, filler tracks IMO. It all depends on what you expect them to be. I grew up with them being a crazy up-tempo punk funk band in the 80s, so their 21 century stuff is too mellow for the most part IMO.