• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway should go

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Freeman has done nothing, he had a high ankle sprain mid-season that slowed him down but for splitting time with Lindsay he's still average 4.2 yards a carry with 400+ yards and 5 TD's. Not amazing but definitely a good contributing factor.

Also you're missing DaeSean Hamilton who is our rookie WR that's contributing like Sutton is and Issac Yiadom who was our 3rd round pick that's emerging as our 2nd best CB.

So Denver has 6 players(7 if you include Lindsay) who they drafted and are either killing it this year(Lindsay, Chubb, Yiadom) or showing they have great potential and having decent-good years by themselves(Jewell, Freeman, Sutton, Hamilton).
lol ok, ur homer glasses r hu

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had arguably the best draft in the league this year, that’ll buy him some more time. If he has a good draft next year the team will be all good given that’s about 1/4 of the roster of rookie contracts all performing really well.

Gotta get that QB position solidified though, since Manning retired you guy's just haven't found that leader ... Good QB's are tough to find...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you think I'm just being a homer but even some of the people who don't cover Denver put them in the top 3 for best draft class this year.
again, post draft or now

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gladly. I’ll give you some back when the draft took place and also some that accurred while the season is still going on.

This was written back in April that has them #1, Ranking every team's 2018 NFL draft class: The Broncos nail it while the Patriots stumble

This was written in May that has them #7, 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Teams 1-8

This was written in November that has them #3, Top 10 2018 rookie classes: Browns newbies impress

And this was written last week that has them at #3, Ranking the Top 10 NFL Rookie Classes of 2018

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gladly. I’ll give you some back when the draft took place and also some that accurred while the season is still going on.

This was written back in April that has them #1, Ranking every team's 2018 NFL draft class: The Broncos nail it while the Patriots stumble

This was written in May that has them #7, 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings: Teams 1-8

This was written in November that has them #3, Top 10 2018 rookie classes: Browns newbies impress

And this was written last week that has them at #3, Ranking the Top 10 NFL Rookie Classes of 2018
sorry missed that. i knew they were ranked highly post draft. REally didnt think they were now. I stand corrected. i will eat my crow:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, the signature line on the recent article is giving the blowjob to the UDFA!!!!!

"Linebacker Josey Jewell has started seven games as has running back Royce Freeman. But Freeman gave way to arguably the class' biggest surprise, Phillip Lindsay. Lindsay became the first undrafted offensive rookie to earn a Pro Bowl nod. He ranks fifth overall in rushing yards with 991."

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm split on him. Loved his choices a few years ago with Kubiak and Phillips as coach. I like a lot of his moves, and some which haven't turned out are tough calls.

Didn't pay out for Osweiler, which I think was fine. I thought Keenum was a one year wonder, but bidding war for Cousins, or other FA's (Tyrod, McCown, Bradford, McCarron, Teddy) aren't exactly changing things there. Passing on Allen/Rosen doesn't seem like the worst of moves right now at least.

I think this years draft (his first since Xanders left that really shows promise) will earn him some time.

It will be interesting to see which way he goes in this years draft. Does he move up for a QB (ahead of Jax, NYG, Cincy, Mia, Wash etc), get a WR to help out Keenum for another year, or fill in with another corner? I personally think he has to make the move at QB, IF there's one he likes there.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best QB since Manning retired has been Keenum and that says a lot. He did have a very good draft last year, but until QB is solved, Denver is going to be swimming upstream in that division.

That being said, I don't think that he'll ever be fired given what he's meant to that franchise. "This one's for John" "This one's for Pat". I would have a hard time believing that the Bowlens would ever let him go.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Patriots have drafted in the botton5 spots of the NFL draft for the past nineteen years and have lost three first round draft picks in that time, I'd have to say that USA Today isn't the most reliable source of opinions. The Patriots have won the Divivsion title ten years in a row and 16 out of those nineteen. The highest pick that the Patriots have had is #6 as a result of a trade.

That, and for the fourth year in a row, the Patriots have an UDFA starting.

Draftee opinions are all glitter and gold and steam..........nothing but opinions that are as slanted as political beliefs. December is the time to look at a teams draft and to evaluate the talent that was drafted not fifteen minutes after Day 3 of the Draft.

Sadly, the Patriots success will have them drafting somewhere between 26 and 32 again in 2019.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but he is awful

IDK SP....looking at the big picture.

Do you think Colbert would've;

• Made the move to get Manning
  • Fired John Fox after two very good seasons for Kubiak
  • Let key (but somewhat marginal talent) DEF players go after the SB win
  • Let Osweiler walk
  • Made the deal for Keenum
I'm going to say...probably not (except for Os). Everybody misses on draft picks, and Paxton was certainly a miss and largely the reason they are still trying to get back to being a playoff caliber team.

Agreed...it's been a major challenge to get back to being a playoff caliber team since the SB win, but that's not that unusual.

Obviously not every deal has worked out, but I'll go as far as saying if Colbert were the GM in DEN, they would not have a a recent SB win.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK SP....looking at the big picture.

Do you think Colbert would've;

• Made the move to get Manning
  • Fired John Fox after two very good seasons for Kubiak
  • Let key (but somewhat marginal talent) DEF players go after the SB win
  • Let Osweiler walk
  • Made the deal for Keenum
I'm going to say...probably not (except for Os). Everybody misses on draft picks, and Paxton was certainly a miss and largely the reason they are still trying to get back to being a playoff caliber team.

Agreed...it's been a major challenge to get back to being a playoff caliber team since the SB win, but that's not that unusual.

Obviously not every deal has worked out, but I'll go as far as saying if Colbert were the GM in DEN, they would not have a a recent SB win.
no he wouldnt of made the move to get manning.

but the rest of the bullet points listed, are they really good moves? look where they are?
obviously the manning move got them a SB, full credit to him there. BUt otherwise........