• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Cooper is mad

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I listened to that on espn college sports radio yesterday.. I was like really? :L

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record vs sec is impressive!

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a break, the ncaa has been giving OSU an anal probe for a year... so you can all stfu...

he's got a point, maybe the SEC as a whole should be looked at.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a break, the ncaa has been giving OSU an anal probe for a year... so you can all stfu...

he's got a point, maybe the SEC as a whole should be looked at.

Nah, they just need to end oversigning.

Saban signs roughly 28 kids a year. That allows him more turnover on his roster to get the best players on the field. He also has more kids on "medical" redshirts, as well as hides kids with academic schollies, or other sports schollies like baseball.

Bama will be in NC contention every single year as long as he is allowed to do this and skirt the 25 a year limit.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His record vs sec is impressive!

i know where you going, your making a play on cooper's 2-14 against sec teams and giving the sec credit for beating cooper. fact is coopers 2-14 record against sec teams is primarily from when he coached tulsa and would lose to a swc team known as arkansas every year.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Saban signs roughly 28 kids a year. That allows him more turnover on his roster to get the best players on the field. He also has more kids on "medical" redshirts, as well as hides kids with academic schollies, or other sports schollies like baseball.

Bama will be in NC contention every single year as long as he is allowed to do this and skirt the 25 a year limit.

Truth -

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like it, I think it can hurt some of these players that aren't quite cutting it, I think it's a little unfair... but they aren't breaking the rules.

Rules need to be changed, and they have been tweaked recently, but until a majority of SEC teams get on board to stop oversigning, new rules won't be passed.

Right now Georgia and Vanderbilt are the only SEC schools speaking out against it.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I hate over signing as much as the next guy...that is not relevant here

:focus:.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! I don't know if I've ever seen a more butt hurt person. :pound:

He didn't just talk about cheating, he was dissing the QB's of the SEC also..lol. That's how you know when the SEC truly owns you.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it, I think it can hurt some of these players that aren't quite cutting it, I think it's a little unfair... but they aren't breaking the rules.

Rules need to be changed, and they have been tweaked recently, but until a majority of SEC teams get on board to stop oversigning, new rules won't be passed.

Right now Georgia and Vanderbilt are the only SEC schools speaking out against it.

I don't see anything wrong with it. This is real life, if your not good enough to cut it, you just ain't. It doesn't hurt them, it helps them. Why would you want a kid that loves football to ride the bench his whole college career? Why not help him go somewhere that he can play?

I disagree with cutting a kid and leaving him on his own, but that's not what Saban does, he helps them find a place to play.

This shouldn't be changed, everyone should do it, or "try".

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything wrong with it. This is real life, if your not good enough to cut it, you just ain't. It doesn't hurt them, it helps them. Why would you want a kid that loves football to ride the bench his whole college career? Why not help him go somewhere that he can play?

I disagree with cutting a kid and leaving him on his own, but that's not what Saban does, he helps them find a place to play.

This shouldn't be changed, everyone should do it, or "try".

yes, it SHOULD be changed. They aren't cutting kids in open competition. They're cutting guys on signing day that don't even know it's coming. They're forcing kids out of their scholarships. They are reneging on their promises.

Sorry, but this is in no way a good or even ethical practice. Big surprise, Bama fan is all for it, since they are the biggest offender.

just remember, Saban has 26 kids currently committed to just 16 scholarships. Even if 3-4 go to the NFL, he is still oversigning by 6-7 with more coming. But don't worry, when summer practice starts, he will have run out the needed players to get to the magical 85 number.

In 2011, he has 12 scholarships and signed a class of 22 with Duron Carter walking on. 10 kids magically leave the program (NFL, injuries, academics) and Saban is back to 85.

Oh yeah, Bama has 15 kids currently on medical scholarship, that's more than the rest of the SEC combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it SHOULD be changed. They aren't cutting kids in open competition. They're cutting guys on signing day that don't even know it's coming. They're forcing kids out of their scholarships. They are reneging on their promises.

Sorry, but this is in no way a good or even ethical practice. Big surprise, Bama fan is all for it, since they are the biggest offender.

just remember, Saban has 26 kids currently committed to just 16 scholarships. Even if 3-4 go to the NFL, he is still oversigning by 6-7 with more coming. But don't worry, when summer practice starts, he will have run out the needed players to get to the magical 85 number.

In 2011, he has 12 scholarships and signed a class of 22 with Duron Carter walking on. 10 kids magically leave the program (NFL, injuries, academics) and Saban is back to 85.

Oh yeah, Bama has 15 kids currently on medical scholarship, that's more than the rest of the SEC combined.

It's also a big surprise that a fan of another school is whining about it while Bama is looking at another #1 recruiting class. I would think these recruits and their parents know a little more than me or you about the programs, and if something doesn't push them away, then I don't have a problem with it. When over signing starts losing us recruits, then I will want it gone, but as for right now, it's only benefiting Bama.

You would think with it so widely known how horrible Bama treats recruits that these young guys would stop wanting to commit to Bama.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a big surprise that a fan of another school is whining about it while Bama is looking at another #1 recruiting class. I would think these recruits and their parents know a little more than me or you about the programs, and if something doesn't push them away, then I don't have a problem with it. When over signing starts losing us recruits, then I will want it gone, but as for right now, it's only benefiting Bama.

You would think with it so widely known how horrible Bama treats recruits that these young guys would stop wanting to commit to Bama.

If it's one thing that's known, it's the IGNORANCE of most of the kids being recruited and their "families"

I'm simply calling a spade a spade. It's simply an unethical practice. You can attempt to justify it all you want, doesn't make it right.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's one thing that's known, it's the IGNORANCE of most of the kids being recruited and their "families"

I'm simply calling a spade a spade. It's simply an unethical practice. You can attempt to justify it all you want, doesn't make it right.

Kind of like before scholly limits were put in place and Darrell Royal signed every kid in Texas he could, just so they wouldn't go to OU or A&M.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like before scholly limits were put in place and Darrell Royal signed every kid in Texas he could, just so they wouldn't go to OU or A&M.

Pretty much. But the NCAA ended that practice a long time ago. It's time they addressed oversigning as well.

Saban (read: Not BAMA) oversigns on average 10 kids a year.......that's much higher than any normal attrition rate.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper isn't missed in Columbus.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Maybe you should read my post, then look at your numbers, and figure out what's wrong with them....

Here's a clue for you.....SABAN oversigns.....now look up how many schollies he had available in those years vs how many he signed.....also count his jucos.

Also look at who's about to win the "oversigning cup" from your own link, LOL

Last edited by a moderator: