• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Butler new Defensive Coordinator

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Roof back to his Alma Mater and home state to atke DC job at Georgia Tech. BOB promptly promoted John Butler to DC. I LOVE this move. Butler is a young, fiery coach and is a guy who we'd have lost had we not promoted him soon. LJ and Vandy happy doing what they are doing and this guy knows what BOB wants to run along with being a good young recruiter. Hoping the promote Zac Ethridge from GA to DB coach, he's another guy who would be lights out recruiting and is very well liked as a GA.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd heard rumors around town that it had been offered to both LJ and Vandy but both were content with their current positions.

I'd also heard that Zac was gone but a tweet by him indicates that such rumors are not true. He is still taking classes so he may officially remain a GA until he graduates as a means of getting an extra coach on staff.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd heard rumors around town that it had been offered to both LJ and Vandy but both were content with their current positions.

I'd also heard that Zac was gone but a tweet by him indicates that such rumors are not true. He is still taking classes so he may officially remain a GA until he graduates as a means of getting an extra coach on staff.

LJ and Vandy have stated numerous times they are happy with their roles. I also don't think either was offered the job...at least not from what I have heard. Butler will be a very easy transition as he helped roof with calls and fits last year. He's also a fiery, young guy that the players love.

I'd love to see Zac stay as a GA and be able to fill that slot with another coach....bonus.