• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Thorough

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks last night's game was the best thing that could have happened to the Bengals? I mean, aside from us fans, there is no pressure on them to win, the whole world expects the Chiefs to roll them, most people probably don't even realize they are playing next week and not just skipping right to the Super Bowl, so they can play loose and aggressive.

The Chiefs let some receiver I never heard of, pull an Al Bundy, so just imagine what our WR's can do.

The two things that worry me about this game, is 1-its at Arrowhead, and 2-last time, their LT got hurt in warmups so Thuney had to slide over. I can't imagine that happens again, so their line will be intact.
Unfortunately, our line is intact also.

My buddy who is a 49ers fan kept telling me....root for the Chiefs to beat the Bills because if you get the Bills you don't stand a chance. If you get the Chiefs you have a fighters chance at advancing to the SB. I still don't understand that logic, other than the fact that the Chiefs defense is not as highly rated as the Bills defense is. There is no way in hell Ja'Marr Chase is left alone again this game. If the oline can't hold up and Chase is not there to just chuck the ball up to, we could be in for a rough ass game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks last night's game was the best thing that could have happened to the Bengals? I mean, aside from us fans, there is no pressure on them to win, the whole world expects the Chiefs to roll them, most people probably don't even realize they are playing next week and not just skipping right to the Super Bowl, so they can play loose and aggressive.

The Chiefs let some receiver I never heard of, pull an Al Bundy, so just imagine what our WR's can do.

The two things that worry me about this game, is 1-its at Arrowhead, and 2-last time, their LT got hurt in warmups so Thuney had to slide over. I can't imagine that happens again, so their line will be intact.
I definitely think the way that game played out last night helped the Bengals. Unless crazy shit happens in the last three games of the season, that game will easily be the signature game of this season. I could easily see the Chiefs coming into next week flat.... It's their 4th straight AFC Championship at Arrowhead - So the novelty of the situation is gone. To me, it really comes down to whether Mahomes has his 'A' game or not.... I don't think we stand much a chance if he is playing at his top level. But, if he's off a bit or if he makes some mistakes, we can definitely steal this thing.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My buddy who is a 49ers fan kept telling me....root for the Chiefs to beat the Bills because if you get the Bills you don't stand a chance. If you get the Chiefs you have a fighters chance at advancing to the SB. I still don't understand that logic, other than the fact that the Chiefs defense is not as highly rated as the Bills defense is. There is no way in hell Ja'Marr Chase is left alone again this game. If the oline can't hold up and Chase is not there to just chuck the ball up to, we could be in for a rough ass game.
I've heard that too.... But then, I read a post about the starting QBs that the Bills beat this year - Lets just say, it's not very impressive. Outside of their win against Mahomes, they basically beat nobody. I think their D wasn't quite what it was advertised and that showed yesterday against Mahomes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but KC plays a TON of man coverage. So, unless they go zone heavy, it's still going to leave Boyd or Higgins open...and we've already seen that both can make teams pay.

The big difference between Buf and KC is that the front 4 are nowhere near the same. Buf can play man/zone and not blitz and get to the QB. KC cannot. They have to blitz. When teams Blitz, that means 1-1 matchups. That is when Burrow is at his best. There is a reason why his rating drops nearly 30pt when not pressure - because the OL can't block 4 guys long enough for Burrow to process 7 defenders in coverage, or for the WR's to get to open spots. But, when they blitz, that's not an issue - someone has 1-1 coverage, and Burrow will find it more often than not.

My guess is, that is exactly what he was talking about.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that too.... But then, I read a post about the starting QBs that the Bills beat this year - Lets just say, it's not very impressive. Outside of their win against Mahomes, they basically beat nobody. I think their D wasn't quite what it was advertised and that showed yesterday against Mahomes.
Their front 4 is good.

But when your DCord plays a prevent to allow 40 yards in 2 plays...well...that's n the playcalling, not the players. So many coaches fall into the "coaching book" pitfall. Instead of just playing straight up, and giving maybe a small cushion, they get scared to death to get beat deep over the top, and piss down their leg and completely allow other teams to chunk up yardage underneath, effectively doing the same thing as getting beat over top. I'll never understand this.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but KC plays a TON of man coverage. So, unless they go zone heavy, it's still going to leave Boyd or Higgins open...and we've already seen that both can make teams pay.

The big difference between Buf and KC is that the front 4 are nowhere near the same. Buf can play man/zone and not blitz and get to the QB. KC cannot. They have to blitz. When teams Blitz, that means 1-1 matchups. That is when Burrow is at his best. There is a reason why his rating drops nearly 30pt when not pressure - because the OL can't block 4 guys long enough for Burrow to process 7 defenders in coverage, or for the WR's to get to open spots. But, when they blitz, that's not an issue - someone has 1-1 coverage, and Burrow will find it more often than not.

My guess is, that is exactly what he was talking about.
Still Patrick Mahomes. I kinda understand what Taylor was doing at the end of that first Chiefs game a month ago. Leave Mahomes zero time.

Mixon has to be a factor in this game for us to win. Grinding out runs and time especially late in the game. Sustained drive to put us up and not give KC the ball back.