• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Thorough

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check it out at the 0:45 second mark. Wow. Hopefully he is that Big Game Hunter these guys are showing. Mr. January.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF??? Holy shit!!

From Bengals.com..

But the Next Gen Stats say Burrow has not been just a long-ball thrower. His 156.8 passer rating on intermediate passes (10-19 air yards) since week seven is the highest in the NFL during span, and would be the highest for a full season in the Next Gen Stats era, including playoffs. Plus, Burrow to slot receiver Tyler Boyd is the duo with a perfect passer rating on intermediate passes since week seven.

And Tee Higgins, Chase's partner on the outside, has also been a reliable intermediate threat for Burrow since week seven. Burrow-Higgins ranks second behind only Burrow-Boyd among all duos in completion percentage on throws between ten and 19 yards.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been listening to some national podcasts and reading more football news than I normally would at this time of season - For obvious reasons.... Though I understand that Cincinnati is a small market team with a bad history and reputation, I'm really surprised by how little attention Burrow gets for the numbers he put up this year. He passed at a 70% clip - That is insane. And he did it without running some short pass, west-coast type offense. Or an offense that throws screens or quick hitches every other play. I mean, look at his YPA numbers. During the middle of the season, the dialogue was "yeah, but he throws too many picks...." But even that evened out compared to the competition (and as many of us knew, a handful of those picks were not really his fault).

Anyway, all of this is to say that Joe Burrow is an exceptional QB. If you factor in his senior year of QB at LSU and then look at his first two years in the NFL, it's scary to think what he could become if he improves..... And what passer doesn't improve in the NFL over their first 5 years?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. these dumb assholes need to protect him though.
Gonna be thorough-ly beaten at this rate...

The OL is such trash - and the Bengals have no one to blame but themselves. For 2 years they've surrounded Burrow with NOTHING. I mean, it's inexcusable.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow also needs to throw the ball away. That last one was him trying to do too much.

That said. The Isaiah Prince experiment needs to end at RT. Like right now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow also needs to throw the ball away. That last one was him trying to do too much.

That said. The Isaiah Prince experiment needs to end at RT. Like right now.
He needs to take Adeniji with him...Woof.

How do you miss a guy on run blocking when he's right over you? I mean....This OL gets zero push - zero.

The only reason I get worked up about this is that they've had 2 full off-season to fix the most major glaring hole on this team - and knew they were taking a Franchise QB 2 years ago.

There is zero way you can look at this roster and be happy with Hopkins/Adeniji/Prince as your guys on the OL from C to Right. I get guys got injured, but that is why you need experienced depth - because those injuries occur....Bengals fixed neither the starters, or their depth.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Burrow - He's held onto the ball on at least 2 of his 5 sacks - and wasted 11 seconds looking for a deep shot to end the half rather than take the middle of the field, get 10 yards, spike, and let Leggatron kick a 55-60 yard FG.

Sometimes, hitting a single, or the ball the other way, to move the runner over is a big win (moving into FG range). Burrow still needs to learn that it's OK to take less yards - because those are at least positive yards. Not every play is going to be a 15-20, or more, big play downfield.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Burrow - He's held onto the ball on at least 2 of his 5 sacks - and wasted 11 seconds looking for a deep shot to end the half rather than take the middle of the field, get 10 yards, spike, and let Leggatron kick a 55-60 yard FG.

Sometimes, hitting a single, or the ball the other way, to move the runner over is a big win (moving into FG range). Burrow still needs to learn that it's OK to take less yards - because those are at least positive yards. Not every play is going to be a 15-20, or more, big play downfield.
Yes. But you don't want him getting used to that and turning our ballsy, winning QB with a gunslinger mentality into Andy Dalton.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the last sacks that they had last night came on a 3rd and 4.... When the replayed it, it was clear that the Bengals didn't have anyone in pattern less than 8 yards. It's odd that you have a line that is having all sorts of trouble protecting and you aren't giving your QB a bail-out option. It's also odd that you continue to go empty, even though you aren't having much luck getting the ball out quick vs. the zone. Taylor and the offense have been terrific since the SF game, but last night was not their best effort. It got better after some adjustments at halftime and once they got Mixon rolling a bit, but to me, it seemed like they had to have some better plans to deal with that rush.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the last sacks that they had last night came on a 3rd and 4.... When the replayed it, it was clear that the Bengals didn't have anyone in pattern less than 8 yards. It's odd that you have a line that is having all sorts of trouble protecting and you aren't giving your QB a bail-out option. It's also odd that you continue to go empty, even though you aren't having much luck getting the ball out quick vs. the zone. Taylor and the offense have been terrific since the SF game, but last night was not their best effort. It got better after some adjustments at halftime and once they got Mixon rolling a bit, but to me, it seemed like they had to have some better plans to deal with that rush.
Yep. The play call did not fit.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just looks special. From the mental makeup, to his talent.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But you don't want him getting used to that and turning our ballsy, winning QB with a gunslinger mentality into Andy Dalton.
Nothing of the sort. You have to learn to play within the flow if the game. Not every game is a 350-400 yard passing game, and that is ok.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marvin kinda muted Carson Palmer, that's not happening with this coach, who was a QB.

they made a mistake with the playcalling against a defense that had an underestimated pass rush. they will see their mistake in the film, he doesn't have to do the Andy 20 times a game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the AFC playoffs this weekend made me realize how good the top-end QBs are in this conference. Allen and Burrow are both 25 and Mahomes is only 26. Justin Herbert is only 23. If you're one of the teams in the AFC with a decent roster, but you have just a "guy" (guys like Tanehill, Carr, Mayfield, Bridgewater), I think you need to keep searching. Taking down any of these young QBs is going to be tough work.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the AFC playoffs this weekend made me realize how good the top-end QBs are in this conference. Allen and Burrow are both 25 and Mahomes is only 26. Justin Herbert is only 23. If you're one of the teams in the AFC with a decent roster, but you have just a "guy" (guys like Tanehill, Carr, Mayfield, Bridgewater), I think you need to keep searching. Taking down any of these young QBs is going to be tough work.
No worries, Rodgers will be in Indy or Miami this next year.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks last night's game was the best thing that could have happened to the Bengals? I mean, aside from us fans, there is no pressure on them to win, the whole world expects the Chiefs to roll them, most people probably don't even realize they are playing next week and not just skipping right to the Super Bowl, so they can play loose and aggressive.

The Chiefs let some receiver I never heard of, pull an Al Bundy, so just imagine what our WR's can do.

The two things that worry me about this game, is 1-its at Arrowhead, and 2-last time, their LT got hurt in warmups so Thuney had to slide over. I can't imagine that happens again, so their line will be intact.