• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JLC AGAIN ?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Snyder was running the show there could be some validity to that rumour. Scott's MO doesn't match big free agent signings at the expense of filling holes. If anything, Petersons more likely to go to Dallas.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Snyder was running the show there could be some validity to that rumour. Scott's MO doesn't match big free agent signings at the expense of filling holes. If anything, Petersons more likely to go to Dallas.

I agree in as much as Scott's MO is concerned. Now with regards to Dallas getting him, I've heard much talk to that effect, but, I wonder if AP has the same mindset as our own DJax and desires to play on a team within that division.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the related line from that article:

One source suggested the Washington Redskins as a dark-horse potential suitor for him.

LOL. What are the chances that he completely made this up? There should be a standard where reputable outlets stop using unnamed sources since they mean absolutely nothing! What team is going to be able to afford AP's salary & the associated risks due to his age and behavior? Certainly not the Redskins who already have a top notch RB. Ridiculous.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the fact that there is not a hole in terms of the RB position for the Redskins especially when having to incur the baggage of AP's huge salary & negative image. Sure - the Skins could always acquire some depth at that position but not at that cost.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JLC...seems to speculate with 'sources' and release info early way to often these days.

I find it very hard to believe, just media speculation for some type of story.

:plotting: unless it's some bizarre attempt to make it harder for the Cowboys to potentially negotiate with him. LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont like his reporting

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, as much as Scotty is running the Warp Engines these days, he is going to have to throw Danny some kinda bone and we all know it. I have faith we wont be THE news buzz of the off season, but there likely will be at least ONE move that fits into the Dan Snyder Redskins mold. So lets all just HOPE like hell its a FA move and not something in the draft that hurts like hell later.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, as much as Scotty is running the Warp Engines these days, he is going to have to throw Danny some kinda bone and we all know it. I have faith we wont be THE news buzz of the off season, but there likely will be at least ONE move that fits into the Dan Snyder Redskins mold. So lets all just HOPE like hell its a FA move and not something in the draft that hurts like hell later.

Quite possibily, but I don't see it being AP.

What I'll be curious to see is if there is a "fuck you, dan" pick in the draft. Maybe something like a QB taken with the first 2-3 picks. That would tick dan off.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'll be curious to see is if there is a "fuck you, dan" pick in the draft. Maybe something like a QB taken with the first 2-3 picks. That would tick dan off.

i hope we dont go there . i hope we try to build a contender

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see that either....unless it is the BPA ..otherwise...why would Scot do a FU pick to the guy that just hired him...wouldnt make a lot of sense

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please consider the source here: JLC. This guy gets so many facts wrong, you wonder whether he just does make stuff up and/or how he still has a job. His latest gaffe occurred this past weekend, when he reported that Marshawn Lynch signed a contract with Seattle. Wrong. Of course, we remember how he also told us that both Vic Fangio and Ed Donatell were coming here from San Francisco. Wrong again.

And this AP story makes ZERO sense under the current circumstances. First, we'd have to get him via trade, which would mean we'd have to give up draft picks to get him. Under McCloughan, we're trying to hoard picks, not trade them away. Next, we'd have to inherit his bloated contract. This year, he's owed a whopping $13M in base salary. (Some perspective: we've got around $13M in cap space right now.) Then, there's the small issue of Alfred Morris. He's a two-time Pro-Bowl RB that we've got for a bargain-basement price. Why do we need AP even if he came here via FA?

During an interview with JLC, he kept referring to a "source" as support for his BS darkhorse AP-to-Washington rumor without specifying who that might be or whether it was any way reliable. Then he kept harping on how AP's agent has a great relationship with Snyder. Maybe he does. But so what? Even Snyder isn't stupid enough to do what's necessary to bring AP here while he's still under contract with Minnesota.

In all, this is another garbage, made-up story by JLC. If this is what reporting has now become, sign me up. I think any of us can fabricate stuff just as good as -- if not, better than -- JLC.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the speculation is simply due to the fact that Griff and AP both have the same agent so a relationship does exist with the Skins Front Office.

That said, I can't imagine this happening.