• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ McCarthy 2023 Every Throw and Run

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad Dog absolutely destroyed JJ today on First Take. I didn't know if I should post it or not. Didn't want to come across as a troll.
Post it

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did his agent approve this posting? There could be a cease and desist order coming.
I think Mad Dog's take was a little over the top. He wouldn't be my choice, but after watching more of him, he looks like an athletic Kirk Cousins.

The similarities were striking to me. Sometimes he makes beautiful tight window throws, looks off defenders, and other times just throws bone headed interceptions.

I'm only about a third of the way through the video I posted.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want bonehead INTs either ..... I would take 40,000 yards, 270 TDs to 110 INTs though.

I lived in NY for 6 years, Mad Dog is a bozo.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want bonehead INTs either ..... I would take 40,000 yards, 270 TDs to 110 INTs though.

I lived in NY for 6 years, Mad Dog is a bozo.
McCarthy runs better than Maye. I still have to finish his video though.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive got a legitimate response to Maddog, how many loses were on JJ last year, who won the National Championship, who was the OC.
What other Michigan players are projected top5, or 1st round. Why isn't Nix or Penix Jr in the convo for top 5?
GTHOT

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all weary waiting for the draft to happen. It seems like it has been three months since I said 3 weeks to go, two weeks now. Everyone has a guy they like, I get that. I watched the video kbso posted on McCarthy a few days ago and the Daniels video yesterday. Both did good things and both had things they need to work on. I'll watch Maye again but I know he has things to work on as well.

I ragged on Mad Dog but I agree that McCarthy reminds me of Cousins with more athleticism. I have thought that for quite a while and it may be one of the two big reasons I like him. BTW McCarthy has thrown only 11 INTs in his three years.

25th can't come soon enough for me.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all weary waiting for the draft to happen. It seems like it has been three months since I said 3 weeks to go, two weeks now. Everyone has a guy they like, I get that. I watched the video kbso posted on McCarthy a few days ago and the Daniels video yesterday. Both did good things and both had things they need to work on. I'll watch Maye again but I know he has things to work on as well.

I ragged on Mad Dog but I agree that McCarthy reminds me of Cousins with more athleticism. I have thought that for quite a while and it may be one of the two big reasons I like him. BTW McCarthy has thrown only 11 INTs in his three years.

25th can't come soon enough for me.
When I said he looked like an athletic Cousins, I didn't mean that as a bad thing. Kirk can play. I've never argued that. The only issues I've ever had with him is that imo what you see is not what you get and he has a tendency to shrink a little when the lights are bright.

I'm sure some could point to comeback wins and push back on that, but that's just my opinion.

Watching McCarthy reminds me of the good Krik. The Kirk that can slice you up if given the chance. We're talking the #2 pick though. I'm like you. Just want them to get it right and just ready for the 25th.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am sorry but as much as I like KC , I know what he is , and he can’t carry a football team , at 2 overall you need a guy who is a game changer, not a guy who can do well when everything is in place .

You have to trade down to make JJ into a value pick , he isn’t number 2 overall value . Thats my issue with Davis and Dotson and Forbes picks . They weren’t value picks . We passed on better value

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am sorry but as much as I like KC , I know what he is , and he can’t carry a football team , at 2 overall you need a guy who is a game changer, not a guy who can do well when everything is in place .

You have to trade down to make JJ into a value pick , he isn’t number 2 overall value . Thats my issue with Davis and Dotson and Forbes picks . They weren’t value picks . We passed on better value

did someone hack your account? :D

Davis, Dotson, and Forbes were all graded as 1st round picks. Maybe they were taken 5 or 6 spots higher, but they were graded as 1st rounder's. All had grades of 90 according to Espn which means mid first round.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said he looked like an athletic Cousins, I didn't mean that as a bad thing. Kirk can play. I've never argued that. The only issues I've ever had with him is that imo what you see is not what you get and he has a tendency to shrink a little when the lights are bright.

I'm sure some could point to comeback wins and push back on that, but that's just my opinion.

Watching McCarthy reminds me of the good Krik. The Kirk that can slice you up if given the chance. We're talking the #2 pick though. I'm like you. Just want them to get it right and just ready for the 25th.
No worries, I understood. As mentioned I do think he reminds me of KC and said that is probably one reason I like JJ. I also mentioned that he has played in more big games than any of the other top 3 by a long shot. I am not trying to say one will be better than another. You start having those conversations in three or more years.

I was not high on Mahomes but when he went to KC I thought having Andy as a coach was a big plus for him. I am not going to debate KC again. We have beat that horse to death ... for now anyhow.

I find it funny that some say we blew it and should have drafted Gonzalez .... he played 4 games in his rookie year. I guess he had better value. Way too soon to say whether Forbes or Dotson were poor draft choices. They played on bad teams with bad coaching.

Long story shorter .... I am going to roll with AP and DQ and hope whoever the pick is here for 10 or more years.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did someone hack your account? :D

Davis, Dotson, and Forbes were all graded as 1st round picks. Maybe they were taken 5 or 6 spots higher, but they were graded as 1st rounder's. All had grades of 90 according to Espn which means mid first round.
Who graded them as first round picks Dean? You take these so called draft experts as the gospel and they just provide an opinion.
ESPN is NOT the source of truth. What was the average draft grade for these players from the 32 NFL teams? That is what I want to know...not Mel Kiper Jr. You get caught up with draft grades.

Clearly Davis and Forbes are NOT first round picks. Davis looks like a 3rd round pick and so far, Forbes looks like a project that could have been had in Day 3.

This is how Rivera killed this organization....bad drafting.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who graded them as first round picks Dean? You take these so called draft experts as the gospel and they just provide an opinion.
ESPN is NOT the source of truth. You get caught up with draft grades.

Clearly Davis and Forbes are NOT first round picks. Davis looks like a 3rd round pick and so far, Forbes looks like a project that could have been had in Day 3.

yes the draft pundits had them as first rounders when the draft began. Too early on Forbes and hopefully DQ can use Davis correctly.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the draft pundits had them as first rounders when the draft began. Too early on Forbes and hopefully DQ can use Davis correctly.
How does one become a draft pundit Dean? Are you a draft pundit? Am I? Sounds like a Community Advisor. Being a draft pundit is a hobby for most and a job for a few. Bleacher Report is full of fans like you and me who write up stuff and post it.

I don't care what draft pundits say but that is me.

Again, these people have opinions just like everyone else and they are WRONG the majority of the time. I don't know why you take what they say so seriously.

Draft pundits are like weathermen. They are wrong the vast majority of the time, however, when they are right....you never hear the end of it.

Davis was a TERRIBLE pick as was Forbes at this point. You know this.

Dotson is ok but needs to take a step forward this year. The drops need to stop.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one become a draft pundit Dean? Are you a draft pundit? Am I? Sounds like a Community Advisor. Being a draft pundit is a hobby for most and a job for a few. Bleacher Report is full of fans like you and me who write up stuff and post it.

I don't care what draft pundits say but that is me.

Again, these people have opinions just like everyone else and they are WRONG the majority of the time. I don't know why you take what they say so seriously.

Draft pundits are like weathermen. They are wrong the vast majority of the time, however, when they are right....you never hear the end of it.

Davis was a TERRIBLE pick as was Forbes at this point. You know this.

Dotson is ok but needs to take a step forward this year. The drops need to stop.

That fine about the draft pundits they just give you a gauge on where the guy could be selected. Are you saying that if we passed on Davis and Forbes, they wouldn't be selected in the first round in their draft classes?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fine about the draft pundits they just give you a gauge on where the guy could be selected. Are you saying that if we passed on Davis and Forbes, they wouldn't be selected in the first round in their draft classes?
I don't know...I don't have a crystal ball. I do think other teams taking them would have been disappointed.

What I am saying is that both players were drafted too high (Forbes at this time) by this organization. Davis is border line bust at this point and Forbes was benched multiple times as a rookie. I have given up on Davis just like I did Young. I was against the Young pick as you know. I told you 4 years ago it was a bad pick and we argued about it. The pundits claimed he was a "can't miss player" right? Were they right or wrong Dean?

You fail to understand how bad Rivera was at drafting. I also think you take so called draft experts too seriously. Its like PFF, it is a good data point but its NOT the source of truth about a player's skill and production.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually enjoying our debates on who we are rooting for at QB. It can get a little chippy but soon I think we all will be united again once this is over!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...I don't have a crystal ball. I do think other teams taking them would have been disappointed.

What I am saying is that both players were drafted too high (Forbes at this time) by this organization. Davis is border line bust at this point and Forbes was benched multiple times as a rookie. I have given up on Davis just like I did Young. I was against the Young pick as you know. I told you 4 years ago it was a bad pick and we argued about it. The pundits claimed he was a "can't miss player" right? Were they right or wrong Dean?

You fail to understand how bad Rivera was at drafting. I also think you take so called draft experts too seriously. Its like PFF, it is a good data point but its NOT the source of truth about a player's skill and production.

You called Young but of course its always a crapshoot. Of course, the draft experts are not law. You would think they have inside information, but they don't. From what I remember the Giants liked Davis and had the pick right after ours. They took Toney. I heard that Dallas liked Forbes and were considering him. Dont have the links.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called Young but of course its always a crapshoot. Of course, the draft experts are not law. You would think they have inside information, but they don't. From what I remember the Giants liked Davis and had the pick right after ours. They took Toney. I heard that Dallas liked Forbes and were considering him. Dont have the links.
Again, rumors don't equate to truth. They are simply rumors.
Just because a team likes a player doesn't mean he would have been their pick right? Nobody knows except those teams what they would have done so its pointless to try to guess what other teams WOULD have done.

I think you and I have different philosophies with the draft. You rely heavily on draft pundits and I prefer the eye test and data. That is fine. I liked Kelvin Harmon and was over the moon when we got him. I could NOT have been more wrong.

I remember the Dotson trade and how we both viewed it differently. I wanted Olave or Hamilton. I think you liked Hamilton but were excited that Rivera pulled off the trade and called me out for not supporting Rivera.

Looking back, it was a bad trade. Turner will probably be cut, Howell is gone, Dotson is an average WR, and Robinson is an ok RB in the league. You were very excited about the trade and actually said something like "Duke, tell me this isn't a good trade". I am telling you now, it was NOT a good trade.

Different philosophies for different folks with the draft.