• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Hoover.....

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Fuck does Dusty continue to bring him into these games?
He's now 0-3 with a 7.94 ERA and I'm sure he's allowed at least 1 run in each appearance.
I know it's early in the season and shit, but damn I'm already hating Hoover as much as Todd Coffee and David Weathers. :frusty:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he in the rotation??

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen. He came in the 8th after the Reds struggled to battle back from a 5-1 deficit to tie it at 5 only to watch Hoover give up HR to Andrew McCutchen. :mad:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bastard.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ondrusek is the problem today, not Hoover.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an ideal world, I would love to see Cingrani be brought back up to replace Hoover or Ondrusek....I don't know if it possible though. Would give him additional MLB experience and would give us a strong "lefty" presence out of the bullpen. I know his pitch selection is limited at the moment but I still feel he would be nice to have aboard in some capacity. I don't think there is much more "Cin-ful" can accomplish at the AAA level....

And yes, Hoover is just plain awful most times....Ondrusek too. Freaks me out every time the step on the field with the game potentially on the line.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. There are only 2 lefty pitchers on the team, and Parra can't get anyone out. Chapman pitches only in save or 9th inning win situations, regardless if L/R matchups...so, opposing teams have the luxury of setting a lineup full of lefty hitters and not having to adjust all week. You'll see the impact if that as the Reds so far powder- puff schedule moves into meeting a few MLB quality teams.

The Reds pitching staff is redundantly righthanded, with Hoover and Ondrusek, LeCure and Simon in similar RHRP roles. Arredondo is righty redundancy depth in AAA, as if we needed it. Cingrani's lack of secondary pitches is less important as a reliever, and we could use the lefty arm. I wouldn't expect a move like that however. Mount Rushmore changes quicker than Dusty.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoover can't get anybody out on a 1-2 count so he goes 2-0 on the leadoff guy and promptly serves up a groover ball. Meanwhile, we had Manny Parra in the bullpen. And does anyone else understand now why the Reds will not win the NL-C?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman pitches to the bottom of the order in a tied 9th...and Hoover gets the top of the order in the 10th ? He's perpetually pitching unforced 8 hitters with the defense pulled in, while the pitcher laughs at him from the on deck circle. His 3b coach costs a run or two a week. His hitters hit first pitch shin high fastballs into DPs, while trailing runners don't advance on throws on the lead runners. Captain Dusty just sails his team in circles waiting to hit land, or a iceberg , whichever wanders his way.

The failure to play sound fundamentals begins with the dugout staff, but seems to be ignored while playing .600 ball against .375 competitors. You don't catch many trophy bass fishing on the bottom.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bullpen is getting bad real quick. LeCure has always been pretty solid but his last two outings has not been real sharp. Hoover looked promising last season but something has to be done soon. They have already made the move to send Ondrusek down and they should do the same with JJ. It's hard for me to believe that Arrendondo (spelling??) has regressed that much since last season. It also seems kinda strange that they called up Curtis Partch instead of Arrendondo.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that a situation for a MLB debut ? Dusty doesn't do many of his players many favors.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty squandered the bullpen in a tie game, which wasn't tied at the time.

Bronson, Sam, Simon, Broxton, Chapman, Hoover ... and um ... I think Parra was kind of hovering.
Partch? Why did we bring this kid up? And why wasn't he ready to pitch like the Cardinals rookies are?
There was no bullpen left if that game goes to the 11th inning.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman pitches to the bottom of the order in a tied 9th...and Hoover gets the top of the order in the 10th ? He's perpetually pitching unforced 8 hitters with the defense pulled in, while the pitcher laughs at him from the on deck circle. His 3b coach costs a run or two a week. His hitters hit first pitch shin high fastballs into DPs, while trailing runners don't advance on throws on the lead runners. Captain Dusty just sails his team in circles waiting to hit land, or a iceberg , whichever wanders his way.

The failure to play sound fundamentals begins with the dugout staff, but seems to be ignored while playing .600 ball against .375 competitors. You don't catch many trophy bass fishing on the bottom.

Chapman did not pitch to the bottom of the order in the 9th, unless Carpenter, Beltran, and Holliday suddenly became the bottom of the Cards order.

But back to the topic at hand, this bullpen outside of Chapman and most of the time Broxton blows and losing Marshall has been far more problematic than losing either Ludwick or Cueto.

A deal has to be made.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty squandered the bullpen in a tie game, which wasn't tied at the time.

Bronson, Sam, Simon, Broxton, Chapman, Hoover ... and um ... I think Parra was kind of hovering.
Partch? Why did we bring this kid up? And why wasn't he ready to pitch like the Cardinals rookies are?
There was no bullpen left if that game goes to the 11th inning.

Dusty didn't squander the bullpen...LeCure did.

The only problem I had with Dusty last night was I think Arroyo should have at least tried to pitch the 7th, because as it stands right now, the starter has to go 7 if the Reds expect to win a close game.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty didn't squander the bullpen...LeCure did.

The only problem I had with Dusty last night was I think Arroyo should have at least tried to pitch the 7th, because as it stands right now, the starter has to go 7 if the Reds expect to win a close game.

I suppose I could blame LeCure to that end, as much as watching Rosenthal come in a get 4 strikeouts and 2 popups in 2 innings ... and six hitters who looked like they were junior college players.

Again, the best pitcher we have doesn't come into the game until the 9th and leaves right away.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I could blame LeCure to that end, as much as watching Rosenthal come in a get 4 strikeouts and 2 popups in 2 innings ... and six hitters who looked like they were junior college players.

Again, the best pitcher we have doesn't come into the game until the 9th and leaves right away.

I agree with that too now that I think about it.

Dusty should have made a double switch at that point to allow Chapman to pitch the 10th as well.

But as we all know, that is something he absolutely refuses to do, for whatever wrong reason he has.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds strength last year is their weakness this year. The Reds just can't continue to throw games away.
It's been a tough 6 days for the Reds. And at home.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's five series in a row they've now lost to the dirty birds.

:frusty: