• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh almost traded

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just frigging wow ......

If I was SanFran no way would I even have had that discussion

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Multiple league sources" tell Profootballtalk the Browns nearly acquired 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh in a trade before hiring Mike Pettine to replace Rob Chudzinski.

That would qualify as a bombshell. The Browns made essentially no effort to deny the report in a team statement. Per PFT, a deal that would have sent "multiple" draft picks to San Francisco was "in place" before Harbaugh decided he wanted to remain with the 49ers. If true, it would be a sign the tension between Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke is worse than previously reported, and that extension talks have been going far from smoothly. Of course, Cleveland's interest could have been the impetus for the sides to get serious about reaching a new deal. PFT reported last week that the 49ers are hoping to extend Harbs' deal this offseason. He's currently signed through 2015. It's a fittingly-bizarre capper to the Browns' magical mystery tour of a coaching search.

in what world would this help the niners? :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in what world would this help the niners? :noidea:

How can you say that without knowing the offer? Everyone has a value that makes them tradeable. There are a lot of good coaches around.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from what I read, the Browns "aren't exactly denying it," while the Niners are denying it outright. The Browns have a possible motive for not denying it, that being that it makes them seem relevant. It makes no sense for the Niners whatsoever.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from what I read, the Browns "aren't exactly denying it," while the Niners are denying it outright. The Browns have a possible motive for not denying it, that being that it makes them seem relevant. It makes no sense for the Niners whatsoever.

Hell I agree with you

But the fact it was even talked about or considered ... or even on the table ....... Thats the WOW factor

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing about it (as a Cowboys fan)

Fisher is in the final year of his contract with the Rams ....
and so is JH with San Fran

Both have 2 years of options ... but the money now has to increase to them both .....

Means if Dallas has a bad year ( which I dont want) .... but I might actually get one of the two coaches I want next year If this year is another failure

Side note ... I WANT Fisher

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have problems believing this simply because from what I have read ,...

Tagliabue basically outlawed any trades that involve coaches for draft choices following the Gruden to Tampa exchange.

Bucs: NFL nixes draft picks for coaches

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in 2006 the Jets traded Herm Edwards to the Chiefs. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/07/sports/football/07jets.html?fta=y&_r=0

exactly .....

SanFran fans .... better worry about losing their coach .... everything I've read so far suggest JH stopped the trade to just not go to Cleveland ....

See how fast a "potential" can just fall ...... Oh if you haven't play close attention now

Might not make history books ........... but for a fan ........ oh you do watch them get so close and do something so stupid ... ( it's not just the Cowboys) :suds:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely does give this story more credibility.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry may stick with JG through thick and thin and keep him here 10+ years. Honestly, it's not the worst call. I think JG is a smart coach, and while he made a lot of mistakes in time management, etc, he is simply to smart not to learn from them.
As to JH to Cleveland, depending on the package of picks, I think it could be great for SF and bad for Cleveland. The Browns have 3 of the top 35 picks in the best draft class in 10 years. If I'm SF, I ask for all 3 picks. They are a young team anyway. Adding in 5-6 potential impact players on rookie deals would allow them to cut a few of their older players, while having the youngest as well as most talented roster in the NFL. While JH is a great coach, the 49er's could go to literally any big name coach they choose and sign him to coach that bunch