• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Brown statue

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the statue be bitter about not making as much money as today's players?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I agree, I love the old westerns and they slap their women all the time in those shows....No it's not right except in extreme cases, but that was the world they lived in back when they recorded the movies....
I have always said a football player should have to be convicted in a court of law before the league can impose fines and suspensions on them for off field situations....
On field is a different story though.....
I think JB should get his statue for his play on the field for that team, and that's it....:nod:
Yep. Go back to the 12-13th century and the way women were treated is appalling, grotesque. The world has changed. Jim Brown is an icon of NFL, let it remain that way.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Go back to the 12-13th century and the way women were treated is appalling, grotesque. The world has changed. Jim Brown is an icon of NFL, let it remain that way.

Hey I'm old but not that old, man !!!!....I expect he's changed in that area or he'd be in jail today, I don't know about the racist part, I haven't seen that african/muslim looking hat on him for a while, so maybe he got too old to remember what it meant anyhow....:dhd:

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know there wasn't a Jim Brown statue. I just assumed there was one. The Browns continue to surprise me with their increasing amount of ineptitudes.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey lay off Jim! He once bare-knuckle boxed Martians for you inconsiderate assholes.

zzmarte6.jpg

And he's dead sexy......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSgUXdHDaDcDoB4TMAagfgwnqiPSar3TCIlqMpau8JHn0pFDm_.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed his prime, but considering CLE hasn't had much positive going on the sports landscape since maybe the Indians blip, I'm kinda surprised he didn't already have one.

I understand Jim Brown probably faced a lot of racism during his playing days, so I get the activist role he's taken, but he's remained a bitter person for most of his life...that's a tough way to live out your days.

I get it with the Byron Beckwiths of society, imo they deserve to be shunned by society, and live out their last days in bitter solitude, but JB is a beloved sports figure...I don't get it, why is he so bitter now?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed his prime, but considering CLE hasn't had much positive going on the sports landscape since maybe the Indians blip, I'm kinda surprised he didn't already have one.

I understand Jim Brown probably faced a lot of racism during his playing days, so I get the activist role he's taken, but he's remained a bitter person for most of his life...that's a tough way to live out your days.

I get it with the Byron Beckwiths of society, imo they deserve to be shunned by society, and live out their last days in bitter solitude, but JB is a beloved sports figure...I don't get it, why is he so bitter now?

I'm sure JB had his reasons....

lgyu6qo8l0sbp1d0uet9.jpg :eek::dhd: