• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets QB Geno Smith practices despite sore ankle

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his offensive coordinator barking, "Don't limp, don't limp," a gimpy Geno Smith took the majority of the practice reps Sunday despite an ankle injury -- perhaps an indication of how much the New York Jets want him to replace Mark Sanchez.

The rookie quarterback, who suffered a mild ankle sprain in the preseason opener Friday night, was cleared for practice after X-rays and an MRI exam. Smith limped noticeably at times, and his drop-backs were slower than usual, but he was determined to practice. And he got no argument from the coaches.

"Marty [Mornhinweg] told me about Brett Favre and how he played through pretty much every single injury," said Smith, referring to the Jets' coordinator, a former Green Bay Packers assistant. "I try to be the same way."

Smith acknowledged that he felt "slower," admitting his ankle was sore and less than 100 percent. But the Jets wanted to maintain their practice rotation as they move toward the second preseason game, Saturday night against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source: ESPN New York

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think it's much of an indication of them wanting him to start week 1, i think it's more an indication of them wanting him to start preseason game #2......the kid has a cannon though