• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson Guarantees Win Vs The Patriots On Thursday

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson may have stoked the fire, guaranteeing a win against the Patriots on Thursday, Zuri Berry of the Boston Globe reports.

"We're going to go to Foxborough and get this win," Wilkerson told WFAN in New York Monday. "We're going to be 2-0."

Wilkerson's boast was backed up by Jets coach Rex Ryan on Tuesday, who said his team should never believe it will lose, while recognizing the challenge the Patriots poise.

"Well, you know what, you're never gonna win unless you believe you can," Ryan said. "And that's it. We'll have a team out there. We've never gone into a game we didn't think we'd win. Ever. I know I haven't. Now do we recognize it's a huge challenge, yeah I guess. No question.

"You're playing on a short week, you're playing against arguably one of the best teams in the National Football League, with the best coach and, if he's not the best quarterback he's right there with Peyton Manning, both those two.

Source: The Redzone

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson may have stoked the fire, guaranteeing a win against the Patriots on Thursday, Zuri Berry of the Boston Globe reports.

"We're going to go to Foxborough and get this win," Wilkerson told WFAN in New York Monday. "We're going to be 2-0."

Wilkerson's boast was backed up by Jets coach Rex Ryan on Tuesday, who said his team should never believe it will lose, while recognizing the challenge the Patriots poise.

"Well, you know what, you're never gonna win unless you believe you can," Ryan said. "And that's it. We'll have a team out there. We've never gone into a game we didn't think we'd win. Ever. I know I haven't. Now do we recognize it's a huge challenge, yeah I guess. No question.

"You're playing on a short week, you're playing against arguably one of the best teams in the National Football League, with the best coach and, if he's not the best quarterback he's right there with Peyton Manning, both those two.

Source: The Redzone

I like the quote and as you can see it motivates the defense...if the grren score first I think they pull it off:feedback:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Muhammad Wilkerson get himself some Tommy.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME THREAD TOMORROW NIGHT, LIVING IN MASS. I'LL BE HEADING OVER TO WATCH THE GAME WITH THE OLD MAN SO I'LL BE ON HERE!!!!

LETS GO JETS, KICK SOME PATRIOTS ASS!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world outside Foxboro are Jets fans in less than 24 hrs. :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tonight. Jets vs. Pats is my favorite non-NFC North NFL rivalry. I have mad respect for both HC's, and teams. I'm a big Rex Ryan fan and an even bigger Belichick fan. Arguably the two most resilient teams in the NFL. I agree that the game will be low scoring despite my opinion that the Pats will attempt to buy the Jets in the 1st quarter with huge pass plays.

Pats 24 Jets 20

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw, the line was holding at 11.5pts.

As of late, I wouldn't bet the Pats to cover that many points against a high school team. I think they'll find a way to win like last week but I'd be shocked if they can cover 11.5.

Pats/Jets is usually a good game, save for that 44-3 blow-out in the freezing cold two years ago that I was lucky enough to attend. Didn't do us much good in the playoffs that year though did it? Can't see anything like that happening in either direction tonight.

Hope it' a great game and free of any serious injuries....shit, we're banged up already. Look for Washington to get a lot of action to replace Vereen.

Now Hammer....put away your Pats hatin' and come to the light! Brady is God! Dammit ;)