• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jet's and Viking's fans, how do you feel about Brett Favre?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is somebody on the Packer's board post...not mine...what are your thoughts?

I can't deny he has fully earned and deserves the enshrinement into the Packers' HoF that he is receiving this weekend, and I still fully appreciate everything he did for the Packers while he was wearing the uniform.

However, it still bothers me that he told Julius Peppers after the Vikings/Bears game in 2010, that he hoped the Bears would knock the Packers out of the playoff hunt when the two teams met. It still bothers me that he called the Lions front office to give them inside information on the Packers to give the Lions an advantage when they played the Packers. It still bothers me that he publicly stated that part of the reason he signed with the Vikings was to stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers. Who knows what he did that wasn't made public?

It's obvious that he held a lot of animosity towards the Packers for a long time, but despite him saying it's all behind him and he's forgotten it, the best we get out of him is something like "both sides did things they regret". Which is true. I won't argue that. But it just doesn't seem like he is really regretful for attempting to sabotage the team and piss off the fan-base.

I know most have forgiven him, and some never will. I am completely over the fact that he played for the Vikings because I do know it was an ideal opportunity for him, but I would still like an apology from him for the things I mentioned above. Even if his explanation is that it was done in the heat of the moment because he was pissed at the Packers; I can understand the reason, as long as he shows remorse to the fans for doing it.

I will never boo him, because he did so much FOR this franchise, but I cannot cheer for him either because of what he did TO the franchise.

I just want to get a feel for what the rest of this community feels about him.