• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Ross cut

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda Surprising..

Who's gonna return kicks now?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of surprising? I hope that was sarcasm. Have you seen him play? he is the worst returner I have ever seen. His average starting field position was the 17 yd line. Having Cobb or Franklin back there just to fair catch every kick would be better than Ross

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising, in the fact he went from starting to cut... He showed some potential as a WR last year, even a little yesterday. But they must have had a zero tolerance policy on him putting the ball on the ground this year.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he showed some potential as a WR, but I wouldn't say any more than some of the others that have been cut over the past 2 years. His value was in the return game. he had some nice returns, not many when they really counted, but showed definite potential.

But after this year and last his biggest issue is even when there isn't pressure from the coverage, he still shows problems just catching it. We've seen what happens when there is pressure.

He was responsible for the huge momentum swing against SF in the playoffs, he repeatedly made very poor decisions in the first game this year that put GB in a hole every possession it seemed, the muff yesterday, etc. The only thing that surprised me was that they actually put him back out there for more kicks and punts. My guess is they didn't have a RB to put back on KR and figured he'd make or break himself in the PR. He didn't redeem himself so they cut him today.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not at all surprised at the Ross cutting. Any player that has a hand in causing the loss in 2 key games must be on thin ice.

I am going to venture the guess that Jonathan Franklin gets the nod at kickoff returns and perhaps Hyde might be used for punts.

Honestly, we don`t get a lot out of Boykin with our strength at WR. I vaguely recall he was used at VaTech for returns. He might deserve a look..

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising, in the fact he went from starting to cut... He showed some potential as a WR last year, even a little yesterday. But they must have had a zero tolerance policy on him putting the ball on the ground this year.

Really? When did he show potential as a receiver last year? On which of his zero catches did he flash potential? Dude has one career catch...which came on Sunday. Tell me where you saw potential.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've never understood this fan base's fascination with the kid. He's made poor decisions right and left as a return man, which was supposed to be his niche. He's had one return that was worth getting excited about. Otherwise, he's been sorta ok at best.

Who will return kicks? Someone that can catch the football. That's all that we need at this point. Franklin did it in preseason...gotta believe he'll at least get a shot.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross being cut made my day!

I couldn't believe he made it through camp.

I can't believe that play where Rodgers rolled out and ended up trying to run it in himself was designed for Ross.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that play where Rodgers rolled out and ended up trying to run it in himself was designed for Ross.

That was a poor play, Rodgers should have thrown that ball early and let the receiver try and make the play. He gripped it that instant too long hoping to draw the defender up more or something, then it was too late and running it made sense. His job is to distribute the ball and he didn't. he made a few uncharacteristic mistakes on Sunday.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? When did he show potential as a receiver last year? On which of his zero catches did he flash potential? Dude has one career catch...which came on Sunday. Tell me where you saw potential.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've never understood this fan base's fascination with the kid. He's made poor decisions right and left as a return man, which was supposed to be his niche. He's had one return that was worth getting excited about. Otherwise, he's been sorta ok at best.

Who will return kicks? Someone that can catch the football. That's all that we need at this point. Franklin did it in preseason...gotta believe he'll at least get a shot.

He showed some good return ability in preseason, it's how he got the job. I admit he's made bad decision after bad decision when it has actually counted, but he took the ball thru some tight spaces and showed returning ability. Gave the coaches and fans hope the rest of his game would catch up. It didn't, it never did show improvement.

He's also had more than 1 catch in his career. Maybe regular season, but they evaluate on more than just that. I remember a couple catches that must have been preseason as games just seem to blend together for me now. It's not like he didn't show anything. he showed at least as much as other WR's that everybody wanted to keep that ended up being cut.

I'm not going to fault the coaches too much for giving the guy a chance though because I saw potential too. It's just the negatives started stacking without noticeable improvement.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to fault the coaches too much for giving the guy a chance though because I saw potential too. It's just the negatives started stacking without noticeable improvement.

I would agree here... he made team solely for his return potential and he obviously was on a short leach with that potential.

I do not think Packers really want Cobb back their with this muscle bruise... Franklin struggled with some fumbles on returns in TC and Hyde seemed to do well, but you are almost throwing up the white flag and saying we will start where ever the punt/kick goes with him.

So do not fault attempt with Ross, but it ran its course and time to move on.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a poor play, Rodgers should have thrown that ball early and let the receiver try and make the play. He gripped it that instant too long hoping to draw the defender up more or something, then it was too late and running it made sense. His job is to distribute the ball and he didn't. he made a few uncharacteristic mistakes on Sunday.

I don't agree at all. Ross was never open. Rodgers pump faked to give him a chance to make a move but he just kept trotting along. He then failed to even lock down a Bengal for Rodgers' run.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defender was along the goal line, even a bit in the endzone, hit Ross Right away and let him make a move for the goal line, he was certainly open enough to complete a pass. If he stops, he's dead in the water and 3 guys converge on a stationary target. Easy stop. If he tries to go deeper in the endzone, they defender has an even easier job. Complete the pass right away and he can race to the pylon, cut back inside, try and run thru the defender. More than a few options.

or maybe he would have just got stopped short. Rodgers had less chance than him. wasn't much doubt that. as soon as he decided to run, i knew he wasn't making it.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. I hope the experience lit a fire under his ass.