• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher sticks Bernie Kosar a new one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with homerism from local broadcast teams. However, some of the things Kosar said crossed the line and were very unprofessional.

If I was a fan of the worst organization in football history, I guess I could enjoy Kosar. But I'm not, so I don't.

See, it's ok for you to state the obvious about the Browns, but not ok for him to state the obvious the Rams? The Rams WR's suck. Worst in the league. Been that way for years and looks like they'll suck again this year. What did Kosar say that everyone doesn't already know?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@olskool, HammerDown is the site owner. From what I can tell the monkey wrenches are good people too. I recommend using a little bit of caution - even if you don't think it's warranted or worth it. The internet is a big place but why waste time looking at sites that aren't as good as this 1?

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, it's ok for you to state the obvious about the Browns, but not ok for him to state the obvious the Rams? The Rams WR's suck. Worst in the league. Been that way for years and looks like they'll suck again this year. What did Kosar say that everyone doesn't already know?

First off, I'm not a color commentator. If I were, I wouldn't have said the same things Kosar did. But I'm not, so I don't have to be held to the same standard as Kosar. Secondly, to say the Rams wr's suck is plain ignorant-and again, I'm not surprised that a Lions fan has made this comment. In fact, the Rams probably have the 2nd best WR corp in the division behind the Cardinals. Don't believe me? Ask Bill Williamson of ESPN. You know, he's an actual scout and does his homework.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any quotes from him I viewed as particularly bad after some looking. Can someone say what quotes were the issues?

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not alone in wondering why Fisher even felt the need to respond to Kosars' comments. Thin skinned is EXACTLY how it comes off, or why even comment? You think any players gave a heck about what a guy in the booth says? I don't. Defend the teams play coach - not what some guy says that gets paid to talk.

FYI there 'Neidemayer' I've been a Rams fan for 50+ years, and you are a MB mod for like what a year? As far as I can tell I've attacked no one, kept my language civil and non threatening, yet get responses that are only threatening - or plainly ignorant - like yours. Nice work there 'Monkey Wrench.'

What is more telling - that you're a board mod, or a Padre fan? :laugh3:

tbh you can look at both comments as opinions.......

and some fiction as well. Unless you can actually talk out of your ass???......:omg:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the comment that their parents should be embarrassed was a bit over the line.... But everything else was true. Rams receivers have been dropping passes for years now and ask any Rams fan and they will agree with you.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Bernie looks like he played for the Canes in the 1880s and not the 1980s.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it? Really? Jeff fisher is an idiot for getting involved with things so mild. Maybe you get slightly annoyed at the comment about their parents being embarrassed but it wasn't that bad. Nothing else that was said should be even noticed.

Well apparently the Browns organization felt it was important enough to discipline Bernie as well. It's not the biggest deal in the world but you usually don't hear commentators saying such things.Especially a team thats on a upswing.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it? Really? Jeff fisher is an idiot for getting involved with things so mild. Maybe you get slightly annoyed at the comment about their parents being embarrassed but it wasn't that bad. Nothing else that was said should be even noticed.

Someone asked Fisher about it and he gave an answer. He defended his players and ripped into that hack. There's nothing idiotic about it.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I defended Kosar a bit about the comments on the Rams recievers, and he was very complementary about Bradford. The stuff about 'parents being embarrassed' was a bit much, but the Rams WR looked pretty bad that night.

But add that to the stuff he said about Clemens, which I didn't hear at the time, and yeah, that's over the line. Good for Fisher for standing up to his guys. And good for some people on the Browns executive team for calling out Kosar.

That being said, I hope we see a LOT better from the Rams WR in terms of consistently catching the ball. Need to get those jitters out, and slow down the game mentally. That will help.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he also took some pot shots at Fisher, Shottzie and WR coach Ray Sherman.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing the actual audio, I agree Kosar acted like a dick. What he said was correct, but the way he said it lacked class. At the same time, Fisher's comment about Kosar having "well documented issues" was equally classless. What do Bernie's personal problems have to do with the Rams offense being the worst in the league? Two wrongs don't make a right.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say that was so horrible?

I don't know if the phrase "I can't stand to watch that guy play" is horrible, but hearing a broadcaster say it would catch my ear. I've never heard an announcer say that, not that there is anything wrong with that.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing the actual audio, I agree Kosar acted like a dick. What he said was correct, but the way he said it lacked class. At the same time, Fisher's comment about Kosar having "well documented issues" was equally classless. What do Bernie's personal problems have to do with the Rams offense being the worst in the league? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Again with this worst offense in the league line. We weren't last year, check the stats, and we won't be this year. See: Jared Cook, Tavon Austin, Jake Long.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, Bernie took shots at his team, his coaching staff, Jeff himself and even players parents. That is Jeff's extended family and I'm sure you wouldn't sit idle if someone were to come after you and yours. Anything less and there would be some here who might say Jeff was cowering, I guess you just can't win in these type of scenarios with the masses.

I like what Jeff said. He stood up for his people when asked and tried to make sense of it by, really making excuses for the dude.

By the way, do you really think it is fair to evaluate an offense based upon the first preseason game of the year?

I don't and you know Bernie made concessions for Browns players who were just out of position or got beat. Saying things like well these guys who are out here now wont be on the field in these types of situations in the regular season. Funny how he can put things in perspective then and not when the Rams had players out there who may not survive the cut to 75 much less to 53

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I will say to you RobBase, is since I don't see a Rams favorite by your name and a Lions favorite is there, I guess you want to pick a fight in the Rams camp. I already started one this week so I leave it alone but Rams have the worse offense in the league? That is not true at all and was stated nicely, but as a Lions fan with the best Wide Receiver in the NFL on you team, I am wondering why you organization happened on the Worst Defense in the NFL and why you sit here and throw stones when the rocks in your camp are also pretty big? One wrong stat is just as bad as another. Just saying.