• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jed York

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Came off looking like a buffoon in the in-game interview last night. Kept referring to the fiasco at the Niners-Raiders game as "the anomoly that happened" but then says they won't play the Raiders in pre-season any more. So if it was an anomoly why is there a need to cancel the series? He is shocklingly clueless and arrogant; kept talking about how much the fans loved to see him sitting out in the stands. I very much doubt that. I think he is pretty much universally hated by the fans.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because it will still involve the raiders. And also, I don't hate him. People expect him to clean up his parents mess in a year, stuff takes time. He got a good GM, he got a good coach, what more do you want the guy to do?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only said that they were considering it. Seemed more like a scare tactic than anything else.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Even though Jed seems like a tool to me I'll always gie him a break 'cause he hired Harbaugh.

...That said he looked like he was trying EXTREMELY hard to show the world how cool he is for watching the game in the stands. You watched a football game in the stands. Wow. You deserve a purple heart.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Came off looking like a buffoon in the in-game interview last night. Kept referring to the fiasco at the Niners-Raiders game as "the anomoly that happened" but then says they won't play the Raiders in pre-season any more. So if it was an anomoly why is there a need to cancel the series? He is shocklingly clueless and arrogant; kept talking about how much the fans loved to see him sitting out in the stands. I very much doubt that. I think he is pretty much universally hated by the fans.

i don't hate Jed York.

yeah, as Owner he represents "the buck stops here", no problem with that. as Owner, fan rants comes with the territory, but i dont' hate him? if you REALLY look at what he's done, what deceisions he's made since he took over, hasn't been that bad?

believe the biggest was making Singletary permanent HC? most won't admit it now (cause its pretty standard), most were in agreement with Singletary.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even though Jed seems like a tool to me I'll always gie him a break 'cause he hired Harbaugh.

...That said he looked like he was trying EXTREMELY hard to show the world how cool he is for watching the game in the stands. You watched a football game in the stands. Wow. You deserve a purple heart.

if you were him, would you have sat in the stands? if not, why not?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I don't think sitting in the stands would mean anything unless I did it on a regular basis. Sitting in once for publicity is lame IMO. Would I have done it? Not unless I did it before.

But I don't have a problem with him sitting in the stands. I have a problem about him going up in the broadcast booth and talking about how cool he is for doing so. If he just sat in the stands and a writer caught on with a story that would've been fine with me.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah if he wasn't seeking credit for being in the stands then it wouldn't be perceived the way it was. Yet he continued with the topic after the commentator initially asked about it, so he wasn't being humble he was marketing his down to earth qualities. The guy is young though, he's a rich kid trying his best to play ball with old-timers and he appears to at least be treading water fairly well.

Sick - the purple heart is for wounded in a combat zone, if Jed was shot in the parking lot he'd get a purple heart. But since he's just trying to kiss ass I'd put him up for the "Knee pad award"

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Exactly

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't hate Jed York.

yeah, as Owner he represents "the buck stops here", no problem with that. as Owner, fan rants comes with the territory, but i dont' hate him? if you REALLY look at what he's done, what deceisions he's made since he took over, hasn't been that bad?

believe the biggest was making Singletary permanent HC? most won't admit it now (cause its pretty standard), most were in agreement with Singletary.

When the option was Nolan, the choice didn't seem so bad. Singletary's one contribution was turning Vernon davis into a team player.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will admit I was happy about that. But at the time I didn't realize how horrible his game planning would be and how little he actually knew how to coach (at the head coach level) I think it was more that after he took over the team seemed to rally behind him and there was finally some hope. Didn't take long for that to go away though.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will admit I was happy about that. But at the time I didn't realize how horrible his game planning would be and how little he actually knew how to coach (at the head coach level) I think it was more that after he took over the team seemed to rally behind him and there was finally some hope. Didn't take long for that to go away though.

At least he put one in. Damon Bruce reported that Dante Whitner said Harbaugh didn't implement one period for the Texan game

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The main problem with Jed is a simple lack of experience but I do believe he truly wants to build a winning team and make the 49ers into a high class organization.

Also his approval rating shot up once he landed Harbaugh and people are slowly warming to Baalke and his moves so it wouldn't surprise me if fans were happy to see him or at least didn't hate him.

And he probably bought everyone around him a round of beers so that made him everybody's best friend

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

most of us were happy with Singletary at the time. cause it appeared he got the team in the right mind set, not just Davis. he appeared to handle players well, get their undivided attention.

ie he appeared to be a good team leader.

yeah, as we all know now, his insistence on "old school" offense doesn't work in today's NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think sitting in the stands would mean anything unless I did it on a regular basis. Sitting in once for publicity is lame IMO. Would I have done it? Not unless I did it before.

But I don't have a problem with him sitting in the stands. I have a problem about him going up in the broadcast booth and talking about how cool he is for doing so. If he just sat in the stands and a writer caught on with a story that would've been fine with me.

Sick, how are you supposed to do it twice without first doing it once? ;)

Honestly, from a business perspective, it was a good PR move, plus if he engaged in open dialogue as he said he did, then he created a captive focus group as well.

That said, however, the residuals will be short lived if the team starts 2011 as it started 2010.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, how are you supposed to do it twice without first doing it once?

My point was that I wouldn't sit in the stands JUST for publicity. That's phony. But if I did it would be even worse to go up in the booth and talk about how cool I am for sitting in the stands especially if I'm just doing it for publicity.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sick, how are you supposed to do it twice without first doing it once?

My point was that I wouldn't sit in the stands JUST for publicity. That's phony. But if I did it would be even worse to go up in the booth and talk about how cool I am for sitting in the stands especially if I'm just doing it for publicity.

Ahh, got it. Well, yeah, publicity is part of the reason an owner would do something like that.