• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Hammel named Gm 1 starter vs NYS

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skanks are in big, big trouble.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys sweep them. Every Rangers fan I know is cheering for Baltimore now that we're out. In fact, losing to a class bunch like your team kind of softened the blow a bit for me. I would have been inconsolable had we lost to the Yankees, A's, or Angels. But you guys have a good thing going and deserve some success now. So since my Rangers decided to roll over and play dead, I'll be rooting hard for the O's now.

O's in the AL and either Cincy or Washington in the NL.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. If he pitches anywhere close to the way he did in April we'll be in good shape. It looks like we'll be up against Sabathia, Pettitte in game 2 and Hiroki Kuroda in game 3. My best guess would be that Chen would be the starter for game 2, with Gonzalez following behind him. From ESPN... Adam Jones is a .341 hitter in 41 at-bats against Sabathia, with three home runs and (only) six strikeouts. Robert Andino is 8-for-23 in his career against him with a home run. J.J. Hardy is 7-for-17 against Sabathia, with a home run and three doubles. Hardy was 6-for-10 against Sabathia this season.

Orioles first baseman Mark Reynolds was a Yankees killer in 2012, hitting .294 with seven home runs, five doubles and 14 RBI in 15 games against them.

I'm curious if Cano is gonna keep his hot hand. He finished the season on a 24-for-39 tear (.615 average!) with 7 doubles and 3 homers. I'd love to see that come to a screeching halt today. I'm leery of Ibanez. He seems to have a history of getting some pretty big clutch hits from what I remember of his days with the Phillies.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys sweep them. Every Rangers fan I know is cheering for Baltimore now that we're out. In fact, losing to a class bunch like your team kind of softened the blow a bit for me. I would have been inconsolable had we lost to the Yankees, A's, or Angels. But you guys have a good thing going and deserve some success now. So since my Rangers decided to roll over and play dead, I'll be rooting hard for the O's now.

O's in the AL and either Cincy or Washington in the NL.

I'd love for that to happen, Will. I have a feeling it's going to be a topsy-turvy series, with both teams (and fans) biting their nails at certain points. I'd love it if we could go as far as possible for you Rangers fans. I don't know about you, but my feeling has always been that if MY team loses early in the postseason, then I'd like for the winning team to go all the way. Then I can atleast say that my team lost to the eventual world champion.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. If he pitches anywhere close to the way he did in April we'll be in good shape. It looks like we'll be up against Sabathia, Pettitte in game 2 and Hiroki Kuroda in game 3. My best guess would be that Chen would be the starter for game 2, with Gonzalez following behind him. From ESPN... Adam Jones is a .341 hitter in 41 at-bats against Sabathia, with three home runs and (only) six strikeouts. Robert Andino is 8-for-23 in his career against him with a home run. J.J. Hardy is 7-for-17 against Sabathia, with a home run and three doubles. Hardy was 6-for-10 against Sabathia this season.

Orioles first baseman Mark Reynolds was a Yankees killer in 2012, hitting .294 with seven home runs, five doubles and 14 RBI in 15 games against them.

I'm curious if Cano is gonna keep his hot hand. He finished the season on a 24-for-39 tear (.615 average!) with 7 doubles and 3 homers. I'd love to see that come to a screeching halt today. I'm leery of Ibanez. He seems to have a history of getting some pretty big clutch hits from what I remember of his days with the Phillies.

Yeah, Hammel, Chen and Gonzalez are our starters for the first 3 games, was announced yesterday afternoon.