• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so. Didn't want to lose him, now Da Bears have him. Any where but in our own division, would have been great for him. One of my all time fav Vikes.

go vikes!!!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't hurt as much as Alan Page going to the Bears but it shows me it was about money to JA not winning...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy is gone :pout: And to the Bears :L

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:
Don't worry Vike fans. Wooton will still be around long after Allen.
Seeing Peppers go to the Pack, Had pretty much the same effect on Bear fans. As Allen coming to Chi-town on you guys.
But have to admit your pass rush just took a major hit.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Seeing Peppers go to the Pack, Had pretty much the same effect on Bear fans. As Allen coming to Chi-town on you guys.

I'm not too sure, Griffen is pretty good.
And they shored up the center of the line as well. It'll all come down to the DB's again.
I'm definitely going to miss Allen, he's a great DE still.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Gotta have depth, and he can play DE and DT.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't hurt as much as Alan Page going to the Bears but it shows me it was about money to JA not winning...

Well, I think it was about winning originally, but it sounds like he didn't get any real offers.
From what I heard he was waiting to hear back from the Broncos, when they gave Ware a deal, for the same amount as Allen was offered. Not sure why they took Ware over Allen, but that might come back to bite them.
The Seahawks didn't need him, but definitely wanted him, so they weren't going to fork out big dough just to get a guy they wanted, but didn't need. And Allen didn't have to sign a small contract just for a better chance at a ring, because it must not be that important to him.
The Bears definitely got the best of the 3 big named free agent de's..

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is a warrior and I'm sad to see him go. That being said, he never did do much against top flite tackles. Now he is older, getting slower and won't have the Metrodome fast track turf.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I like the starting lineup the Vikes have.
And they signed some guys for depth as well.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like the starting lineup the Vikes have.
And they signed some guys for depth as well.

Yeah I think our starting line has decreased in average age by about 10 years after all these moves...

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just think adding JA, the other FAs we signed, and expected D draft help. He (JA ) will finally be a winner.
Phil Emery took 2 yrs. to turn our O around ( W/ defensive minded Lovie calling most of the shots for the 1rst yr.). think he did a pretty damn good job of that. Just think he's well on his way to fixing the D in 1 yr. Barring injuries.
I think JA made the right choice.:suds:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta have depth, and he can play DE and DT.

I loved the kid (Wooton) ( in a football sense). You guys are going to love him too.
Smart, articulate, and seems to make big plays when they're needed.
You guys got him cheap also. We instead signed Idonije, who is older but even cheaper.
I wish him nothing but the best w/you guys . He's a class guy.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page was a good addition for us at the time but he did his hall of fame work in Minn

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the general consensus is that a lot of Vikings fans are still Jared Allen fans here. I'm definitely not in that boat. Now that he's gone, especially to a division rival like the Bears, Allen can never really be remembered as a Viking. He only spent 6 seasons here before shipping out, and while the Vikings would never have given him a deal or role he wanted to stick around and I understand his leaving for those reasons, there Bears? Allen had a golden opportunity to join the Superbowl champion Seawhawks at a decent enough deal, who look like one of the most likely possible recent teams to repeat in the SB next year, yet he ships out to Chicago for a few million extra a year. Yes, the Bears could win the SB next year, but everyone and their mother knows that Seattle has a much better shot at another title next year than Chicago does, unless something changes big time. Consider the fact that Randy Moss spent 7 seasons in MN before being traded away, after saying he wanted to stay in MN, and a lot of Vikes fans are still quick to shit on him, some even calling him a Patriot more than a Viking. I get not fully considering Moss a Viking, but he left a much bigger mark on the team in his 7 years than Allen did in his 6, and he never played for a division rival, so I don't get all the extra love for Allen. Unless his career somehow ends after like 1 season in Chicago, there's no way I could really remember him as a Viking. At this point, he's a guy who used to be a much better DE a few years ago than he is now and had some very high quality years as a Viking, but has spent over half his time with other teams, so I'm not that attached to the guy.

One thing I'll say though is, I don't get why we didn't try to keep both Allen and Griffen instead of Robison. Allen is still better than Robison, so I'd have tried to swing it to make Allen the starter opposite Griffen instead of Robison. But, I'm assuming Robison came cheaper than Allen would have? I don't know.