• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaleel Fiels announcement tomorrow

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation is he will follow his teammate... Darvon Henry... to WVU.

Somewhere Wannstache is shaking his head... Gibby has torn down the wall he built around western PA.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB

Why are we so high on this kid? He is a two star and we are in the running for one 4 and a couple of three star guys at DL......not that I buy into the star thing to begin with but is this a case of a diamond in the rough or are we just trying to establish the pipeline in PA?

Another question I have is how many players are we going to sign, I thought we could only go after 14, as of yesterday we are at 16.....who leavings the roster?

Carswell
Garrision
Buie
Millard (even though I would rather see Trickett leave...lol)

We need to open up some spots if my math is correct.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is annoucing on twitter at 1130.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB

Why are we so high on this kid? He is a two star and we are in the running for one 4 and a couple of three star guys at DL......not that I buy into the star thing to begin with but is this a case of a diamond in the rough or are we just trying to establish the pipeline in PA?

Another question I have is how many players are we going to sign, I thought we could only go after 14, as of yesterday we are at 16.....who leavings the roster?

Carswell
Garrision
Buie
Millard (even though I would rather see Trickett leave...lol)

We need to open up some spots if my math is correct.

247 Sports, ESPN and Scout have him listed as a 3-star.

The kid runs a 4.7 40.

Personally, I am excited to see WVU get recruits from Western PA again. I think this kid looks like a good athlete, one who can be developed into a solid DE for us. Lord knows we need depth on the line.

Dana expects there to be some kids who will leave the program, some who will become ineligible because of grades, and some recruits who may not qualify. So, I think that is why he is going for more kids in this class.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 Sports, ESPN and Scout have him listed as a 3-star.

The kid runs a 4.7 40.

Personally, I am excited to see WVU get recruits from Western PA again. I think this kid looks like a good athlete, one who can be developed into a solid DE for us. Lord knows we need depth on the line.

Dana expects there to be some kids who will leave the program, some who will become ineligible because of grades, and some recruits who may not qualify. So, I think that is why he is going for more kids in this class.
:agree:

Sometimes if you are looking to break into recruiting grounds you have not have any success in..you got to work some side deals to get a HS coach to partner with you or geting a better talent in a package deal...some times the kid that is not the higher prospect is the one that pans out......see Scooter Berry and Jason Gwaltney....:whistle:

EERNSC

Wetzel County Proud
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that this is the case indeed. This was worked as a package deal to insure Henry was nailed down, although Fields does not appear to be just "dead weight". The kid shows darn good speed if the 4.7 40 is accurate. The overall recruiting is on the upswing. Some decent talent to work with.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got him!

Gibby is doing his thing.

Just read where Gibson is line for Big 12 recruiter of the year. Currently has 4th best ranking.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout.com: Verbal View: Jaleel Fields

I mistakenly referred to him as a DE... but, he is a DT. Even more important for us.

Nice article. I believe opening up this school for recruiting, will really help us down the road. If we can start getting the top talent out of western PA. That sPITT has been getting, it would be awesome. Plus a thumb in sPITT'S eye is always good.

He has the size to develop into a big threat for us.

People can say what they want about Holgs, and this coaching staff, with the exception of DeForest and maybe Crook, I like the coaches. Crook it is to early to tell, don't get me wrong. I'm not against Crook, I just don't know how good he is going to be, but DeForest needs to be a sacrificial Lamb for us fans.

I'm already getting excited and looking forward to next year.

LETTTTTSSSSS GGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article. I believe opening up this school for recruiting, will really help us down the road. If we can start getting the top talent out of western PA. That sPITT has been getting, it would be awesome. Plus a thumb in sPITT'S eye is always good.

He has the size to develop into a big threat for us.

People can say what they want about Holgs, and this coaching staff, with the exception of DeForest and maybe Crook, I like the coaches. Crook it is to early to tell, don't get me wrong. I'm not against Crook, I just don't know how good he is going to be, but DeForest needs to be a sacrificial Lamb for us fans.

I'm already getting excited and looking forward to next year.

LETTTTTSSSSS GGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe D is something isn't he...first he was in charge of the worst defense ever...then last year special teams units were s0-so at best....it either seemed they were really good at something or they were awful. He did bring in to solid kickers which helped our coverage teams and FG units. We did score points on ST. our return units though were down right awful....I think about the 4th game I was getting ready to commit myself for a health evaulation since there was no way I saw the kickoff unit do the same thing each time, they made sure we played with a long field game in and game out...lol Punt return wow, we averaged around 3 yards in returns, I am pretty sure my slow butt could get three yeads a return.

With all that said keep him what will it hurt? DH will more than likely be gone after next year anyway and Deforrest is a well respected ST coach see if with another year and new talent to work with he can improve those teams.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking about DeForrest, I just got my alumni magazine. they had pictures of football players mowing someones lawn. Just wondering whos' lawn it was.

I am a fan of Crook. Look at Stanford, the line he built there may be the best in CFB. Expect to see OL improvement each year he is here.