• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jags @ Lions

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game is a joke. Is Caldwell forcing a dink and dunk offense on Cooter/Stafford? It is frustrating to see so few shots down field and so may lousy run plays getting stuffed. Every handoff was painful to watch today.

The Lions need to fix the linebackers and the running backs to take the next step into a top of the league team.

We have 180d from our playoff team from a few years ago. Offense was all long passes, now its all short passes. Defense had a great front 7 especially the LBs but the secondary blew. Now the secondary is getting very very good (First time all year DBs were not 7 - 10 off the LOS) and the LBs are weak. Bynes disappeared in this one after a good game last time. Very disappointing. Williams is still constantly out of position. Even Whitehead did not have the best game.

Game plan on defense was better this week. Saw more press coverage and zone blitzes (I actually saw fat ass NGata drop back in coverage 1 play). Thats more in line with what I like to see.

Game plan on offense is still frustrating. Pretty sure Caldwell has the playbook minimized. There is almost no risk taking at all. Very predictable. Becoming easier for teams to defend each week.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and special teams bailed the Lions out this week. It was nice to see their defense not be total asscheeks, but the offense needs to score more than 20 one of these days.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary didn't all the sudden get better, they just happened to play Blake Bortles......If you can't look good playing him then you ain't gonna look good against anyone.