• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackie Bradley show is over

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise for me as I mentioned last year before he ever came to Boston that he would not make it. He isn't gonna make it either except the remote possibility he can hang on somewhere as a spare OF part. He isn't a starter for anyone and has a shit attitude the Sox grew tired of. Sure , he'll be back this month sometime but that should fool no one. He'll be back in Pawtucket next yr if the Sox can't give him away to someone.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise for me as I mentioned last year before he ever came to Boston that he would not make it. He isn't gonna make it either except the remote possibility he can hang on somewhere as a spare OF part. He isn't a starter for anyone and has a shit attitude the Sox grew tired of. Sure , he'll be back this month sometime but that should fool no one. He'll be back in Pawtucket next yr if the Sox can't give him away to someone.

It is too early to tell. But, he did suck a bit in the majors. If they don't trade him, he'll start next year in AAA... He's still young.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dWAR is good this year and he has a good defensive rep...can certainly throw extremely well.
He is only 24, if he can show some offensive progress he should be able to stick around as a 4th OFer or platoon guy. Seems unlikely that he'll be a star.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dWAR is good this year and he has a good defensive rep...can certainly throw extremely well.
He is only 24, if he can show some offensive progress he should be able to stick around as a 4th OFer or platoon guy. Seems unlikely that he'll be a star.

Agreed with this. He's basically identical to Aaron Hicks with the Twins with Hicks having maybe a bit of a edge on defense(Hicks is fantastic) both are still 24 and could figure out how to hit a little at this level still.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it is just bad timing.

He basically made the Opening Day roster because Shane Victorino died, otherwise he would have been honing his game more in AAA.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well here we are yrs later and Bradley has done nothing but prove me right. There's roughly 500 Jackie Bradley's in MLB at any given time. A career .241 hitter with no power who basically brings nothing that 500 others can't bring. Slinky Douche Bag will have a serious problem proving this one wrong. It's a guarantee he'll be here since he stalks me like a 15 yr old. Go ahead Slink, whip up some BS stats an try to cover up this failure

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well here we are yrs later and Bradley has done nothing but prove me right. There's roughly 500 Jackie Bradley's in MLB at any given time. A career .241 hitter with no power who basically brings nothing that 500 others can't bring. Slinky Douche Bag will have a serious problem proving this one wrong. It's a guarantee he'll be here since he stalks me like a 15 yr old. Go ahead Slink, whip up some BS stats an try to cover up this failure

FWIW he's been worth 2.4 wins (2015) and 4.8 wins (2016) and is at 1.9 wins this year with 6 weeks of baseball left.

he's a solidly above average player.

But not a star.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year he's an average hitter who is very good defensively. Not sure how that means he's a "spare OF part" but okay.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this thread was made, JBJ has a .786 OPS while the average CFer in the AL has a .738. Only Mike Trout and Lorenzo Cain have a higher OPS in the AL while playing CF in that span.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else should we expect from someone who claims that hundreds have had careers like Harper.

"hundreds"

The majority of guys ahead of him for age 19-24 WAR are inner-circle HOFers. There's a couple of exceptions in Andruw Jones and Sherry Magee, but they're among the best players not in the HOF (and both should probably be in).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his career BA sucks at .241 that's for sure and he doesn't seem to really have it at the plate this year but I'll still take him hitting this if he continues to play the D he does..

Career:

53 HR
217 RBI
28 SB
.732 OPS

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his career BA sucks at .241 that's for sure and he doesn't seem to really have it at the plate this year but I'll still take him hitting this if he continues to play the D he does..

Career:

53 HR
217 RBI
28 SB
.732 OPS
Keep in mind that includes when he was godawful in 2013-14. He's been a pretty solid hitter over the last 2.5 seasons.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stupid thread by a stupid poster.
you know so much why don't tell us all what Bradley brings in a trade? After all that's what his value really is. He brings next to nothing. The clowns here who wanna talk about his defense are on their knees begging for anything they can to legitimize a player who has nearly nothing to offer. If you think ANYONE is trotting their CF out there becuz of his glove you're nuts. CF's are hitters and expected to be a big part of the offense. The Sox send him out there becuz they have no choice. Bottom line is Bradley would bring a Class A pitcher in a trade, nothing more. He's one of hundreds and all that WAR crap is nothing but BS. I can guarantee no one has called Boston trying to get Bradley and they won't.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know so much why don't tell us all what Bradley brings in a trade? After all that's what his value really is. He brings next to nothing. The clowns here who wanna talk about his defense are on their knees begging for anything they can to legitimize a player who has nearly nothing to offer. If you think ANYONE is trotting their CF out there becuz of his glove you're nuts. CF's are hitters and expected to be a big part of the offense. The Sox send him out there becuz they have no choice. Bottom line is Bradley would bring a Class A pitcher in a trade, nothing more. He's one of hundreds and all that WAR crap is nothing but BS. I can guarantee no one has called Boston trying to get Bradley and they won't.

Report: White Sox Wanted Jackie Bradley Jr. From Red Sox In Chris Sale Talks

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_mf65xjJjRO1qahdsko1_500.gif