• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J.J. Watt, Rob Gronkowski top NFL's best non-QBs

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is ranked #4 out of the 10 named and the article poses the question, should he be the highest paid player in the league ? With 3 players above him and Watt 2 laps in front, I don't see it...

What's your thoughts ?????

1.Watt
2.Gronk
3.Donald
4.Miller
5.Kuechly
6.Brown
7.Jones
8.Becham
9.Mack
10.Peterson

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this list comes out next year, Khalil Mack will be in the top 3, without question.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this list comes out next year, Khalil Mack will be in the top 3, without question.

I would have Mack above Jones and Becham now....All are impact players though, but I think the focus of the list is the question of Miller wanting to be paid as best player in the league...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have Mack above Jones and Becham now....All are impact players though, but I think the focus of the list is the question of Miller wanting to be paid as best player in the league...
It's hard to go against it after his SB performance, but I think Mack will have a better career when all is said and done. Of all the players the Browns have passed on in the last 15 years, he's probably in the top 3.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to go against it after his SB performance, but I think Mack will have a better career when all is said and done. Of all the players the Browns have passed on in the last 15 years, he's probably in the top 3.

The writer seems to think he will get the contract and be the highest paid player, I don't think Elway is gonna bend that much, it wouldn't shock me if he stood pat and said play or stay home, hurts him just as much as the team...
He is an elite player but he's not the best, and shouldn't be paid as the best on 1 outstanding run in the playoffs IMO....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer seems to think he will get the contract and be the highest paid player, I don't think Elway is gonna bend that much, it wouldn't shock me if he stood pat and said play or stay home, hurts him just as much as the team...
He is an elite player but he's not the best, and shouldn't be paid as the best on 1 outstanding run in the playoffs IMO....
Then again, it's not like he'd be the first. For example, your QB...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, it's not like he'd be the first. For example, your QB...

We're talking about non QB's and Joe's didn't last long as highest paid qb, Matt Ryan and AR and Romo quickly trumped that, but the difference was Joe had a cap friendly deal that required a revisit 3 yrs in which he just did this offseason...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about non QB's and Joe's didn't last long as highest paid qb, Matt Ryan and AR and Romo quickly trumped that, but the difference was Joe had a cap friendly deal that required a revisit 3 yrs in which he just did this offseason...
Yes, I know. Just poking fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is ranked #4 out of the 10 named and the article poses the question, should he be the highest paid player in the league ? With 3 players above him and Watt 2 laps in front, I don't see it...

Watt already signed his mega-deal
Gronk signed his deal while still a huge injury risk
Aaron Donald is still on his rookie contract

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's your thoughts ?????

1.Watt
2.Gronk
3.Donald
4.Miller
5.Kuechly
6.Brown
7.Jones
8.Becham
9.Mack
10.Peterson
Not a bad list but I would change a few. Miller would be #3. Beckham out of the top 10. he isnt there yet. Mack no way.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt already signed his mega-deal
Gronk signed his deal while still a huge injury risk
Aaron Donald is still on his rookie contract
This exactly. You have to compare when each guy signed their new deal. If you take the big payday early, like Watt did, you give up a little bit to get your money sooner. And of course the cap is going up every year, so this year's highest paid player will be 4th or 5th the next season.

I don't know if Von's money will top Suh's. But I do think at worst he'll be the second highest paid non-qb behind Suh when he signs his deal.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is tough as he is right now at his peak most likely. He's an elite pass rusher who went wild in the playoffs in a great defensive scheme.

And I don't think you can compare his deal to Watt's as Watt still had 2 years left on his deal which makes his tough to compare. He got 10 mil added on to his current contract which didn't have to be done. And after 1 year, he got another 30 mil guaranteed.

Gronk's was actually pretty much pre-injury worry (had the ankle issue in the post-season but this was only his 2nd year and he played in every game up to that point. But again he was signing an extension, where he was still guaranteed the rest of his rookie deal. But coming off that amazing 2nd year of his he did sign the biggest deal for a TE at the time.

Really I think 40 mil is the starting point for Von's deal though, 50 mil is realistic. Figure not Suh money, but Vernon, Revis, Norman, Dareus, Cox type guarantee. He's not a true FA, so that may push him down on his FA value (I'd put that at 60+ mil guaranteed in FA).

As for the list, looks good. I might put Joe Thomas and Tyron Smith in there myself somewhere, but they are debatable. I think the top 6 all are clearly in that top 10 for me that they have there, so talking fringe of the top 10's.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise to see this. Watt and Gronk are both amazing talents.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Watt
2.Gronk
3.Donald
4.Miller
5.Kuechly
6.Brown
7.Jones
8.Becham
9.Mack
10.Peterson

I would replace Kuechly with an offensive linemen. Due to the importance of the positions.

If you replace the best middle linebacker in the league with your third stringer, you still have an acceptable player who probably is decent at one thing (2 down thumper, smaller coverage backer,etc), who you can hide with smart substitutions and game planning.

If you replace the best left tackle in the league with your third stringer, your entire offense is fucked.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is such an overrated corner