• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's been a heck of a couple games...

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past two weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm just the ghost of Steelerking typing this because the real one died of a heart attack in the closing seconds of the game against the Chargers. As for yesterday's game, I'm about speechless. I told a buddy of mine that it would've been a tough game even with Ben in and was penciling it as a loss, and then Landry Freaking Jones happened. That one still doesn't register, but my hat is off to the kid for jump starting our offense and playing lights out. He gets the game ball. Shout outs to Mike Mitchell, Martavis Bryant, my man James Harrison (still a beast at age 37), William Gay, Le'veon Bell, and Chris Boswell for also playing well.

It's scary to think that this team should be 5-1 even with Ben on the sidelines and that we gave up the combined fewest points/lowest loss margin to the vaunted Patriots this season, despite embarrassing coverage miscues. We're a contender, ladies and gentlemen. Can't wait to get Ben back and see what this team is capable of when it's firing on all cylinders.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really impressed with this team so far...

Pouncey, 6 games
Rothlisberger, 3 games
M. Bryant...4 games
Bell...2 games
Beachum...10 games
Shazier...3 games

This is just a few key losses, but for the team to still be as competitive speaks to the job Tomlin's position coaches have done...it hasn't always look pretty but to be 4-2 vs the schedule they have played is damn good imo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really impressed with this team so far...

Pouncey, 6 games
Rothlisberger, 3 games
M. Bryant...4 games
Bell...2 games
Beachum...10 games
Shazier...3 games

This is just a few key losses, but for the team to still be as competitive speaks to the job Tomlin's position coaches have done...it hasn't always look pretty but to be 4-2 vs the schedule they have played is damn good imo.
Shazier has actually missed 4 straight. But who's counting! :noidea:

I agree though. I used to think Tomlin's "Next Man Up" talk was him blowin smoke up our asses... But now I think the players are buying in. Some of the depth that we thought was a liability has actually turned out to go unnoticed for the most part. Wallace, D-Will, DHB, Spence, etc. Those guys could start on any NFL team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier has actually missed 4 straight. But who's counting! :noidea:

I agree though. I used to think Tomlin's "Next Man Up" talk was him blowin smoke up our asses... But now I think the players are buying in. Some of the depth that we thought was a liability has actually turned out to go unnoticed for the most part. Wallace, D-Will, DHB, Spence, etc. Those guys could start on any NFL team.

Has it been 4 already? I would add Golden to that list maybe not a starter, but filling in well....Cockrell got a taught lesson yesterday (needs to learn to feel the refs out to see what is called and what they let slide, but that's experience huh...nevermind) but another contributor we didn't expect....I'm a LeBeau guy and I think most of us are, but something is different, as in better, under Butler. The 1 gap concept seems to be working for the DEs in pass rush....we haven't seen much 4 man DL because McCullers has been hurt, but so far run stopping is much better too.

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full sized version of my avatar is saved in my picture files under the heading "BeastMode". I've been a massive Harrison homer since his 2008 DPOY campaign and even have an authentic jersey of his that I wore to an ESPN Super Bowl party I was invited to. I went nuts on his record INT return and was swinging my Terrible Towel so hard that I tore it. He and Jack Lambert are my all time favorite Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Brown = Trucked
james-harrison-ff.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think zero.

If the commish OFC looks at the play they will see Harrison motioning for Mitchell to get up because he had open field in front to run...he was blocking the guy to keep him from touching him down...smart play imo.