• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It came to me like a ray of light

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Roses. Noted. I’ll pick one up for Thanksgiving and get back to you.
Should be noted that the entire bottle of Four Roses went on my hiking trip while JD was just a flask a couple of times. I brought the whole pint of Jim Beam on my trip last year but the trip was only one night after my brother was abducted in the middle of the night.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be noted that the entire bottle of Four Roses went on my hiking trip while JD was just a flask a couple of times. I brought the whole pint of Jim Beam on my trip last year but the trip was only one night after my brother was abducted in the middle of the night.
What? For real?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? For real?
For real. Park rangers hiked in 2.5 miles at like midnight to kidnap him. My self centered nephew decided it would be cool to be born 10 weeks early and make everything about him.

We were an hour drive away from cell phone service.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real. Park rangers hiked in 2.5 miles at like midnight to kidnap him. My self centered nephew decided it would be cool to be born 10 weeks early and make everything about him.

We were an hour drive away from cell phone service.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome. That’s a story your family will be able to tell for decades.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That’s pretty awesome. That’s a story your family will be able to tell for decades.
You would be amazed if I gave you the whole story. It is shocking.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it's a boring story like the boring story from the OP.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay admit it. Who clicked on the link on page 1?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m willing to hear when you’ve got time.
Alright so my brother, a few friends, and I have an annual backpacking trip. Last year it was to Pictured Rocks in the upper peninsula on Lake Superior of Michigan approx 6 hour drive from Detroit, basically where we are starting from.

Before we take off my 30 week pregnant sister in law tells us to check our phones in case anything happens. I say “you don’t want your husband there anyways because he wouldn’t be any help.” Brother had an oil change and the Jeep checked before we leave.

On the drive up, it’s windy as hell and 20 minutes after we crossed the Mackinaw Bridge they closed it do to 60mph gusting winds. It was raining so hard at times that we just stopped because it was damn near 0 visibility. We had a detour on the fucking detour. But we get to the hotel at about midnight in one piece.

Wake up in the morning, start loading up the Jeep and we have a flat tire. So we have to unload everyone’s shit to get to the spare tire and tools.
ADC9F97F-9F8C-4BD5-B3A3-5A83A81A8E8F.jpeg

Get spare put on the car and then we are ready to go. Turn the key, battery’s dead. Get the jumper cables from Jeep #2 to get her going.
3ED09013-6AA9-48A4-A289-0697F45C9848.jpeg
Got the car going and we are off. We have just over a nine mile hike to get to our campsite. We get there my brother pulls out a full size growler of beer, which we put a good dent into. At 11:30 at night, park rangers come by going tent to tent trying to find my brother and all they tell him is it’s a family emergency. Nearest parking lot is 2.5 miles away so it’s pitch black, cold as fuck, and hiking through an even Trail. We are in the boonies, no cell phone service and they start driving him to the ranger station, 40 minutes later he gets cell phone service finds out his wife had the baby. Tells the ranger to take him to his car. Ranger takes him to his car and is about to blow out of there but my brother stops him because remember, his battery is shot. He jumps my brother’s Jeep and my brother asks where is the closest parking lot to our campsite, ranger says as he starts driving off he says 46 miles east (which wasn’t true because that’s where the trail head is).

My brother figures out where they picked him up from, drives back there because his wallet glasses and all of his shit was left at the campsite because he had no idea what was going on. He hikes back in starts packing his stuff up. It is now 4:30 am, he has slept about 30minutes and hiked about 15 miles. I wake up when the light from his flashlight hits my tent. I ask what’s going on and all he tells me is SiL had the baby and he is gone. I don’t know if she’s ok or if baby is ok, just that she had the baby.

Five minutes later I think I see a light and think my brother forgot something and is lost in the woods. Follow what I thought was a light but I have no clue to this day what I was following but I got lost, in the middle of the woods at 5am, pitch black out. I find a trail and make it back to the campsite.

Brother, basically running to get back to his car, because battery is shot, makes it back to the car, engine was still good. Starts driving. Now it’s 6am and he’s driving, basically 20 miles hiked, most of it with a 40lb pack. Makes it about an hour and falls asleep while driving. Goes off road, wakes up, no accident. Knows he can’t drive like that so takes a power nap. Wakes up after an hour. Battery dead. First car blows right by him. Waits an hour for the next car to stop. They stop, get him jumped and he is good to go.

Story over? Not quite. I tell everyone in the morning that SiL has baby and since two of the three other guys have been friends with her for 20 years, we made the decision to not continue the hike for the next two days and to head back to the closest park and camp site and try and get a ride from the rangers there. Three steps in, ground falls off next to a root and I roll my ankle. I tell them fuck it, and start hiking as fast as I can on a lightly sprained ankle. We make good time given the situation. Problem is, no rangers. So we have to hitch hike from a local camper to get back to our cars.

Back at home, night before my SiL had a detached placenta, nephew was born 10 weeks early at 2.5 lbs. From the time she was checked in to baby out was less than 30 minutes. I took this picture almost exactly the time she was checked in.
2D0A7BAF-FA52-403A-B5CC-1E116E788333.jpeg

My wife called ranger station but all rangers were gone for the day because this all started at 7pm. SiL parents call the state police, State cops call national park service and they are able to figure out our campsite because everything was in my name. In anyone’s name other than mine or my brother’s, they don’t know where we are. That’s most everything and crazy long winded.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so my brother, a few friends, and I have an annual backpacking trip. Last year it was to Pictured Rocks in the upper peninsula on Lake Superior of Michigan approx 6 hour drive from Detroit, basically where we are starting from.

Before we take off my 30 week pregnant sister in law tells us to check our phones in case anything happens. I say “you don’t want your husband there anyways because he wouldn’t be any help.” Brother had an oil change and the Jeep checked before we leave.

On the drive up, it’s windy as hell and 20 minutes after we crossed the Mackinaw Bridge they closed it do to 60mph gusting winds. It was raining so hard at times that we just stopped because it was damn near 0 visibility. We had a detour on the fucking detour. But we get to the hotel at about midnight in one piece.

Wake up in the morning, start loading up the Jeep and we have a flat tire. So we have to unload everyone’s shit to get to the spare tire and tools.
View attachment 220757

Get spare put on the car and then we are ready to go. Turn the key, battery’s dead. Get the jumper cables from Jeep #2 to get her going.
View attachment 220758
Got the car going and we are off. We have just over a nine mile hike to get to our campsite. We get there my brother pulls out a full size growler of beer, which we put a good dent into. At 11:30 at night, park rangers come by going tent to tent trying to find my brother and all they tell him is it’s a family emergency. Nearest parking lot is 2.5 miles away so it’s pitch black, cold as fuck, and hiking through an even Trail. We are in the boonies, no cell phone service and they start driving him to the ranger station, 40 minutes later he gets cell phone service finds out his wife had the baby. Tells the ranger to take him to his car. Ranger takes him to his car and is about to blow out of there but my brother stops him because remember, his battery is shot. He jumps my brother’s Jeep and my brother asks where is the closest parking lot to our campsite, ranger says as he starts driving off he says 46 miles east (which wasn’t true because that’s where the trail head is).

My brother figures out where they picked him up from, drives back there because his wallet glasses and all of his shit was left at the campsite because he had no idea what was going on. He hikes back in starts packing his stuff up. It is now 4:30 am, he has slept about 30minutes and hiked about 15 miles. I wake up when the light from his flashlight hits my tent. I ask what’s going on and all he tells me is SiL had the baby and he is gone. I don’t know if she’s ok or if baby is ok, just that she had the baby.

Five minutes later I think I see a light and think my brother forgot something and is lost in the woods. Follow what I thought was a light but I have no clue to this day what I was following but I got lost, in the middle of the woods at 5am, pitch black out. I find a trail and make it back to the campsite.

Brother, basically running to get back to his car, because battery is shot, makes it back to the car, engine was still good. Starts driving. Now it’s 6am and he’s driving, basically 20 miles hiked, most of it with a 40lb pack. Makes it about an hour and falls asleep while driving. Goes off road, wakes up, no accident. Knows he can’t drive like that so takes a power nap. Wakes up after an hour. Battery dead. First car blows right by him. Waits an hour for the next car to stop. They stop, get him jumped and he is good to go.

Story over? Not quite. I tell everyone in the morning that SiL has baby and since two of the three other guys have been friends with her for 20 years, we made the decision to not continue the hike for the next two days and to head back to the closest park and camp site and try and get a ride from the rangers there. Three steps in, ground falls off next to a root and I roll my ankle. I tell them fuck it, and start hiking as fast as I can on a lightly sprained ankle. We make good time given the situation. Problem is, no rangers. So we have to hitch hike from a local camper to get back to our cars.

Back at home, night before my SiL had a detached placenta, nephew was born 10 weeks early at 2.5 lbs. From the time she was checked in to baby out was less than 30 minutes. I took this picture almost exactly the time she was checked in.
View attachment 220761

My wife called ranger station but all rangers were gone for the day because this all started at 7pm. SiL parents call the state police, State cops call national park service and they are able to figure out our campsite because everything was in my name. In anyone’s name other than mine or my brother’s, they don’t know where we are. That’s most everything and crazy long winded.
Daaang. That is quite the introduction into this world for the little guy. And that picture is incredible. It’d be cool to get that printed. Y’all should name your annual hike in his name. I’m
Sure you all have a shot for the Sis-in-law and nephew when you unwind at night. Beautiful stuff, Man. God is good.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaang. That is quite the introduction into this world for the little guy. And that picture is incredible. It’d be cool to get that printed. Y’all should name your annual hike in his name. I’m
Sure you all have a shot for the Sis-in-law and nephew when you unwind at night. Beautiful stuff, Man. God is good.
He spent his first two months of life in the hospital, coincidently with one my SiL good friend’s baby in the same nursery as him. Then he was quarantined for the next 3 months with next to know visitors, but no surgeries and a couple weeks ago was his birthday and other than being slightly underweight (two stick figures for parents so that is to be expected) he is perfectly healthy. No that he is in daycare he has become the monkey from the Outbreak movie and is giving the whole family the Ebola.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is that???

It has roses in the name surely this isnt something manly right?

Sounds scary

four-roses-single-barrel-kentucky-straight-bourbon-1_2.jpg