• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ISU Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see us winning the TO battle today

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES, keep the foot on the gas. I would have kept running there, but I will certainly take the TD!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, another TO!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd hand to Pettaway EVERY down the rest of the game

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chugs finally getting some snaps

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, went on the road to an inferior team, and took care of business. Glad to see there was no hangover from last weeks game. If we can get some of our guys healthy and healed up, may have a great season's end.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to get this win, I've been worried about this one all week. # 9 in the W column, now let's get into double digits and get #10 next week

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, went on the road to an inferior team, and took care of business. Glad to see there was no hangover from last weeks game. If we can get some of our guys healthy and healed up, may have a great season's end.
We get Baylor and come out healthy we might be hell on wheels for the bowl game

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Baylor and come out healthy we might be hell on wheels for the bowl game
I do not know enough about the bowl tie ins to know if it is possible, But I would love to get healthy and have the PSU-Wisc loser in a bowl, or even OSU, IF they have any real belief in what they were spouting the year Alabama got in the "championship" game without winning their league.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know enough about the bowl tie ins to know if it is possible, But I would love to get healthy and have the PSU-Wisc loser in a bowl, or even OSU, IF they have any real belief in what they were spouting the year Alabama got in the "championship" game without winning their league.
One scenario Ive seen had us playing Colorado in the Cotton Bowl. be kinda cool IMO.

2016-17 Bowl Selection Process

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One scenario Ive seen had us playing Colorado in the Cotton Bowl. be kinda cool IMO.

2016-17 Bowl Selection Process

I'm hoping for the Russel Athletic Bowl in Florida against the ACC, maybe a match up against VT or Looserville....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Casazza wrote an article which highlighted my thoughts watching the game yesterday.

We have some idiots among our fan base who loved to bash Dana over the losses to KU and ISU in '13. I know Dana has struggled to beat KU and ISU every year... losing most of those contests... but, let's look at this a little deeper.

In '13, WVU had one of the youngest teams in the country. Dana went into his 2nd Big 12 season with a young team... a team with first year starters in key positions on both sides of the ball. Dana lost a significant number of starters that year, and indeed... they lost to two weak teams to close out a disappointing season.

We have idiots amongst us who claimed there was no depth issues... no bare cupboards. Just Dana lovers making excuses.

Prior to the start of this season, Dana was faced with replacing 8 starters on defense. In August camp, he loses a returning starter at safety, a DL had surgery and was unavailable... and a true FR LB... a kid who rose to #2 on the depth chart... tore an ACL. He lost an OL in camp too.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In yesterday's game, Ka'Raun White scored a TD after making a nice run after his reception. I'm sure my boy Slaton was impressed to see Skyler hit White in stride. White gets an ankle injury and is unable to return. His replacement... a true FR... gets his first TD reception.

Shell did not dress yesterday. McKoy's shoulder was an issue coming into the game. He did not return after his first TD carry of the day. Crawford was lost to injury in the first qtr.

A true FR burns his redshirt. Plays his first collegiate game and takes 30 carries for 181 yds and a TD.

Kyzir White is injured, and his replacement helps the defense shut down the ISU offense for the remainder of the game.

That is depth. That is development of a program.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as I've been a fan of WVU, I've never seen a team like this. A team with quality depth. A team that can plug the next guy in and not miss a beat.

This isn't a great team. It's not the best WVU team I've ever seen. But, I've never been more impressed with the growth of a program.

Coach Nehlen had it close. But, he never had the quality of depth that we're seeing in this program today.

Neither Rich or Billy came close...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettaway is a stud, probably should have burned the shirt a few weeks ago, would have made a HUGE difference last week to have had a healthy power back
?? You had a back go for 300 plus and you wanted someone else ?:scratch:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In yesterday's game, Ka'Raun White scored a TD after making a nice run after his reception. I'm sure my boy Slaton was impressed to see Skyler hit White in stride. White gets an ankle injury and is unable to return. His replacement... a true FR... gets his first TD reception.

Shell did not dress yesterday. McKoy's shoulder was an issue coming into the game. He did not return after his first TD carry of the day. Crawford was lost to injury in the first qtr.

A true FR burns his redshirt. Plays his first collegiate game and takes 30 carries for 181 yds and a TD.

Kyzir White is injured, and his replacement helps the defense shut down the ISU offense for the remainder of the game.

That is depth. That is development of a program.

Well what I was really thinking how another kid name White used to wear that same pattern out and became a first round draft pick because of it! But Howard did a great job all day hitting his guys in stride... it does make a huge difference in this offense ..too bad the freshman had to burn the redshirt but the kid has skills! And BTW for those ragging on special teams they have been pretty solid all year. ..liked how the oline got after it today...9 wins baby ! Your ole pal Slaton10 could be off by 2 games and I'm glad I'm going to be wrong !! One last thing how awesome is this offense when this team executes !