• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isaiah Thomas having surgery on hip; Lakers interested in summer talks

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a 0% chance IT signs a multiyear deal for anywhere close to those figures. Unless he has player opt out clauses which make it a 1 year deal.

Next season is 100% about proving health and getting that max he feels he deserves. He will not sign anything more than a 1 year deal unless somebody ignores his injury and gives him something like 3 years 60 million. Don't see that happening either, but there are some really dumb talent starved teams out there.
Well That's what I was thinking, but I also understand that there are a lot stupid managers.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him the best. Always loved in Boston

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him the best. Always loved in Boston

Hard not to pull for the guy. I was kind of meh about the Lakers possibly re-signing him. But after I read what Luke and the players have had to say about him...I'm hoping that they can find a way to keep him for at least another season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to pull for the guy. I was kind of meh about the Lakers possibly re-signing him. But after I read what Luke and the players have had to say about him...I'm hoping that they can find a way to keep him for at least another season.
I have liked him since he was in Boston and the numbers don't lie in spite of his size - I think he is most likely to small to be a starter - but when the bench comes in - he could easily be the best 6th man in the NBA - because the bench usually means going small and running at a faster pace. The downside to Thomas will be when he gets older and starts to slow down which most likely means he will have a shorter career then other point guards in the NBA.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isiah has a great heart. I wish he never over stated his value and caused concern from a cap management perspective. In the end Boston dodged a bullet but no really proud of it

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan you guys have a tough situation with Randle. He seems to be having a great year

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan you guys have a tough situation with Randle. He seems to be having a great year

Tell me about it. I'm a Julius Randle fanboy. Problem is he's playing too well for the Lakers to be able to keep him. Which sounds pretty counter intuitive. lol

Dude is making himself some money. I would love for the Lakers to find a way to keep him and still get 2 max guys. But unfortunately, I doubt it will happen.

Maybe they can get 1 max guy this year, keep Julius and then add another next off-season when, I believe, they'll be able to finally get Deng's contract off the books and the cap, hopefully, goes up. :noidea:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Randle a star IYO ? I dont watch the games just seeing the stats

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Randle a star IYO ? I dont watch the games just seeing the stats

Hard to say. As CL said, he's a "double double guy" which definitely makes him a very valuable commodity. However, "star" may be pushing it a little.

Ultimately, I think it's up to him. He is showing the talent that made him a lottery pick, but there are still "holes" in his game that need some attention.

For one, he has become very good at "bully ball" which makes him unique in today's game. But he has a tendency to try to play "bully ball" even when a little finesse would suit him better. The result is that he ends up picking up too many offensive fouls because he gets out of control.

He also needs to develop at least a better mid-range game. He's never going to be a "stretch 4", imo. But he needs to be a more consistent threat from 10-15 feet.

Defensively, he's gotten a lot better, but he's on the small side for a PF (doesn't have a lot of wingspan) but still needs to learn to press his advantages (very strong and very quick/fast for a PF) more.

If he continues to put in the work that he did this off-season, he has star potential. Beware the contract year, and this is his first shot at a big contract. When he gets it, will he get comfortable? Or will he continue to work hard and show why he got that big contract?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice summary. Hard to see him as a cornerstone. Tough to see him get a big deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice summary. Hard to see him as a cornerstone. Tough to see him get a big deal.

He is definitely getting a big deal.

Look at all the crappy teams out there with no direction. Randle is probably getting a max offer and at least $20 million for sure. Otto Porter and Harrison Barnes got maxes, and Randle is probably better than both.