• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is too much digital a bad thing?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan that hides inside images infects healthcare organizations | PCWorld

Soon it won't matter, everybody's info will be stolen and shit will hit the fan. Sometimes too much digital is a bad thing. I know it's supposed to save money but putting people's personal info and lives at risk is a trade off not worth it. If we were still analog for utilities more people would have jobs and our electrical infrastructure wouldn't be quite as at risk either. Until a totally unhackable/uninfectable OS is developed or more security is added to the Internet protocol things are just going to get worse.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Soon it won't matter, everybody's info will be stolen and shit will hit the fan. Sometimes too much digital is a bad thing. I know it's supposed to save money but putting people's personal info and lives at risk is a trade off not worth it. If we were still analog for utilities more people would have jobs and our electrical infrastructure wouldn't be quite as at risk either. Until a totally unhackable/uninfectable OS is developed or more security is added to the Internet protocol things are just going to get worse.

I saw a really intersting documentary on YouTube about how scientists are applying quantum physics to internet security but the only true solution is implanting passwords in the subconscious that can't be stolen. Long passwords. They're actually doing it. I'll try to find it and post the documentary. It was fascinating. It also detailed how the US hacked an Iranian nuclear plant that is completely off the grid, a fact which they're not prepared to confirm or deny but they pulled it off!

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know a virus could be put in images...jpegs, jpgs?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know a virus could be put in images...jpegs, jpgs?
They have been doing that for years, among other things that can be hidden inside images. I have a friend who is working on mathematical algorithms to detect hidden data in images...