• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there value in Keeping Choo in a Keeper League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly a possibility that he could hit a wall or be benched and his sample size is small at this point. However, we are discussing whether or not he is a keeper. His pedigree, position and the fact that he bats in a stacked lineup playing in a hitters ballpark makes him one for me. If he were to be traded, one would do well to be sure they were receiving a bona fide keeper in return.

of course... I am not saying trade him to trade him... I just think right now his trade value is higher than his current or future projections...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course... I am not saying trade him to trade him... I just think right now his trade value is higher than his current or future projections...

we talking about Choo still?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already did trade away Choo though

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a little worried about Lackey sooking for Montero back... but long term? Yeah, he's their catcher. Not sure why you're worried about that. Redrafts it might be three starts out of five when Fowler comes back. Soler maybe too.

I have Baez and Contreras in my money draft and not sure if I should sell. Today is our trade deadline.

On that note... Baez to Rendon. If you're the Rendon owner, will it take a big piece for you to make that switch? Martin is his catcher. As the Baez owner, would you pair the two Cubs for Rendon? You have Grandal too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried about Lackey sooking for Montero back... but long term? Yeah, he's their catcher. Not sure why you're worried about that. Redrafts it might be three starts out of five when Fowler comes back. Soler maybe too.

I have Baez and Contreras in my money draft and not sure if I should sell. Today is our trade deadline.

On that note... Baez to Rendon. If you're the Rendon owner, will it take a big piece for you to make that switch? Martin is his catcher. As the Baez owner, would you pair the two Cubs for Rendon? You have Grandal too.

I guess this would be a smart play...but I'm not crazy about it. Grandal is finally hitting, and could have a really nice second half. He'll be sitting when Kershaw comes back, but if he hits like he did in the first half of last season, it won't matter. Rendon has been hitting well lately and logic says he will be more productive than Baez.

Dunno why, but I don't really love it even though it seems like the sensible way to go.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not a big Rendon fan... I don't see him to be enough in a Contreras trade...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big Rendon fan... I don't see him to be enough in a Contreras trade...

So an arm back? I'm kind of with ya on Rendon, but he seems to be projected for more at bats and more consistency. While Baez offers maybe more weekly ceiling due to pop, also much lower floor due to K's and playing time.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this would be a smart play...but I'm not crazy about it. Grandal is finally hitting, and could have a really nice second half. He'll be sitting when Kershaw comes back, but if he hits like he did in the first half of last season, it won't matter. Rendon has been hitting well lately and logic says he will be more productive than Baez.

Dunno why, but I don't really love it even though it seems like the sensible way to go.

Kind of there with ya... hence my confusion.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an arm back? I'm kind of with ya on Rendon, but he seems to be projected for more at bats and more consistency. While Baez offers maybe more weekly ceiling due to pop, also much lower floor due to K's and playing time.

Is this a keeper league?? or just a redraft... In a redraft, I guess I would do it just because of expected PA... But then again catcher doesn't need to be a high PA... so I am helping you get more confused...

Either way, I would try for more than just rendon, or go for a different player all together...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a keeper league?? or just a redraft... In a redraft, I guess I would do it just because of expected PA... But then again catcher doesn't need to be a high PA... so I am helping you get more confused...

Either way, I would try for more than just rendon, or go for a different player all together...

I'm gonna take our doubts as a sign.

.... what about Hamels? Thinking a rebound second half?