• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there value in Keeping Choo in a Keeper League

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently have Choo on the DL for my league.

14 Team H2H points league

Is he worth keeping or dropping?

M. Saunders
Eaton
Beltran
Markakis
Adam Duvall

Schwarber (DL)
Kiermaier (DL)
Sano (DL)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently have Choo on the DL for my league.

14 Team H2H points league

Is he worth keeping or dropping?

M. Saunders
Eaton
Beltran
Markakis
Adam Duvall

Schwarber (DL)
Kiermaier (DL)
Sano (DL)

I would keep choo over kiermaier...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep choo over kiermaier...

Should I just Kiermaier as trade bait (not that people would try for him since he's on the DL) or drop him and pick someone else up?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I just Kiermaier as trade bait (not that people would try for him since he's on the DL) or drop him and pick someone else up?

Kiermaier is replaceable... I wouldn't have him wasting a DL spot if you can get someone else... Choo is better for your 3rd DL spot...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiermaier is replaceable... I wouldn't have him wasting a DL spot if you can get someone else... Choo is better for your 3rd DL spot...

Thought so. We have 4 DL spots

Currently:
Kiermaier
Choo
Sano
Schwarber

adprest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely keep Choo over Kiermaier but I'm not sure I would consider "Choo" a keeper long-term because he's 33 years old. Anyways, I also have a keeper question to pose. I just joined the message board and can't start my own thread so I decided this one was most relevant to my situation. I apologize for hijacking this thread, redseat, but it looks like you got the answer you were looking for.

I am in a very competitive 12-team keeper league. I am the defending champion and am once again in contention for a playoff spot this year. However, I just don’t see my team winning the championship this year unless I make a big move down the stretch (i.e., trading for Robinson Cano and Madison Bumgarner).

I am looking to deal some of my young, talented players to teams already out of contention. We have 8 keeper slots with an auction budget of $275. I have an abundance of potential “keepers” and need help prioritizing them. I want to defend my title this year as best I can, but at the same time, I don’t want to completely kill my chances of contending in the future. Of the following players, whom would you “keep” for next year and whom would you use as trade bait? Neither Josh Bell nor Nick Williams are currently taking up a spot on my roster.

C: Willson Contreras $5

1B: Brandon Belt $2

1B: Josh Bell $5 *** separate prospect roster ***

2B: Devon Travis $5

3B: Miguel Sano $6

OF: A.J. Pollock $6

OF: Jackie Bradley Jr. $5

OF: Michael Conforto $5

OF: Nick Williams $1 *** separate prospect roster ***

SP: Trevor Bauer $1

SP: Jake Odorizzi $8

SP: Kevin Gausman $4

SP: Cody Reed $5

I look forward to hearing your opinions!

Thanks,

Ari

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely keep Choo over Kiermaier but I'm not sure I would consider "Choo" a keeper long-term because he's 33 years old. Anyways, I also have a keeper question to pose. I just joined the message board and can't start my own thread so I decided this one was most relevant to my situation. I apologize for hijacking this thread, redseat, but it looks like you got the answer you were looking for.

I am in a very competitive 12-team keeper league. I am the defending champion and am once again in contention for a playoff spot this year. However, I just don’t see my team winning the championship this year unless I make a big move down the stretch (i.e., trading for Robinson Cano and Madison Bumgarner).

I am looking to deal some of my young, talented players to teams already out of contention. We have 8 keeper slots with an auction budget of $275. I have an abundance of potential “keepers” and need help prioritizing them. I want to defend my title this year as best I can, but at the same time, I don’t want to completely kill my chances of contending in the future. Of the following players, whom would you “keep” for next year and whom would you use as trade bait? Neither Josh Bell nor Nick Williams are currently taking up a spot on my roster.

C: Willson Contreras $5

1B: Brandon Belt $2

1B: Josh Bell $5 *** separate prospect roster ***

2B: Devon Travis $5

3B: Miguel Sano $6

OF: A.J. Pollock $6

OF: Jackie Bradley Jr. $5

OF: Michael Conforto $5

OF: Nick Williams $1 *** separate prospect roster ***

SP: Trevor Bauer $1

SP: Jake Odorizzi $8

SP: Kevin Gausman $4

SP: Cody Reed $5

I look forward to hearing your opinions!

Thanks,

Ari

I'd probably start by looking to keep
Contreras, Belt, Travis, Sano, Bauer. Everyone else I'd be trying to move. Problem is, Conforto has no value right now. Neither does Pollock. Contreras might have the highest trade bait atm.

What type of league? Points might make me try and move Sano too.

adprest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TKOSpikes, thanks for the response! The five guys you outlined also are the ones I most value as well. What are your thoughts on JBJ though?

My major concern is moving Michael Conforto now. As you mentioned, he has almost no value now so I would likely get a low-ball offer in return. Plus, once he gets out of this horrendous slump, I think he might have the most potential of anyone on the list. It wasn't too long ago that baseball analysts were comparing him to Bryce Harper, Barry Bonds, etc.

Also, the league I am in is a head-to-head league. Just out of curiosity, why would I want to move Sano if it was a points league?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sano strikes out a lot. Depending on your negative amount on k's I guess. Not saying dump him or anything. I'd just be more inclined to trade him in that scenario.

JBJ is tough... his high price point has passed. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Contreras NOW!!! None of your potential keepers are that good and contreras just came up. He is the hot popular guy right now. And be careful with him. He is not yet the starter. So the sooner you get rid of him the better. Let his inconsistent playing time be someone else's problem.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sano strikes out a lot. Depending on your negative amount on k's I guess. Not saying dump him or anything. I'd just be more inclined to trade him in that scenario.

JBJ is tough... his high price point has passed. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him.

I'm going to keep Sano in my league for next year and see what he can do... After that if he can't do it then I'll drop him. I would assume your league people actually know what they are doing and don't leave talent on the table huh @adprest? I would float him (Sano) as trade bait as well and see the interest level.

As far as JBJ is concerned I would keep him as well. I think he finally is hitting his stride and there probably aren't many other OFs left in your league unless you work out a trade.

I agree with the "keepers" everyone else said and drop everyone else.

adprest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone,

I really appreciate the feedback! Unfortunately, Conforto and Reed have no value anymore so I had to just cut ties with them. Fortunately, this allowed me to pickup guys like Danny Espinosa and Lonnie Chisenhall.

Anyways, I have another question for you all since I cannot "start" my own thread. One of my good friends in a keeper league has been trying to get Kyle Seager from me for months. His latest deal involves giving me Chris Carter and Hanley Ramirez for Kyle Seager. I told him no way. Did I make the right move here? Kyle Seager is having a career year with an OPS near .900 and I don't need more 1B depth. To me, all this move would be doing is splitting Kyle Seager's stats into two people - Carter with the power and Ramirez with the OBP. I would much rather just have a single stud like Kyle Seager that brings both OBP, SLG, and RBI production. I just want to make sure I'm not crazy turning this deal down.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone,

I really appreciate the feedback! Unfortunately, Conforto and Reed have no value anymore so I had to just cut ties with them. Fortunately, this allowed me to pickup guys like Danny Espinosa and Lonnie Chisenhall.

Anyways, I have another question for you all since I cannot "start" my own thread. One of my good friends in a keeper league has been trying to get Kyle Seager from me for months. His latest deal involves giving me Chris Carter and Hanley Ramirez for Kyle Seager. I told him no way. Did I make the right move here? Kyle Seager is having a career year with an OPS near .900 and I don't need more 1B depth. To me, all this move would be doing is splitting Kyle Seager's stats into two people - Carter with the power and Ramirez with the OBP. I would much rather just have a single stud like Kyle Seager that brings both OBP, SLG, and RBI production. I just want to make sure I'm not crazy turning this deal down.

Don't know about everyone else, but my favorite part about the new guy is how 2/3 of his posts have included bitching about not being able to start his own thread. What's yours?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone,

You're correct. Keep Seager.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone,

Keep Seager! That was a crap deal he was trying to give you anyway

adprest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for the responses. I knew I wasn't crazy. Sorry that I keep mentioning my limitations on this message board, fordman84. It honestly is not to complain at all. It's just to let people know why the heck I'm posting about Kyle Seager on a forum about Shin-Soo Choo.

I knew the deal was crap but I had to be "nice" to him since he is one of my good friends. He made it seem like he was helping my team, but Hanley Ramirez and Chris Carter don't even begin to compare to the numbers Kyle Seager is putting up this season. The only player on his team I am somewhat interested in is Michael Fulmer. This is a cash auction keeper league and I drafted Seager for $37. He is clearly not one of my keepers. Would you consider trading him for Michael Fulmer at $1?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Contreras NOW!!! None of your potential keepers are that good and contreras just came up. He is the hot popular guy right now. And be careful with him. He is not yet the starter. So the sooner you get rid of him the better. Let his inconsistent playing time be someone else's problem.

Contreras is a keeper and the Cubs catcher of the future, if not already. Not only is he batting in the heart of a potent lineup, he is also playing OF and a little 1B, not only giving him more at bats, but also giving him multiple position eligibility. It would be foolish to trade him unless someone is willing to overpay. And even then, I'd be hesitant.

The Catcher Position: It's a jungle out there.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for the responses. I knew I wasn't crazy. Sorry that I keep mentioning my limitations on this message board, fordman84. It honestly is not to complain at all. It's just to let people know why the heck I'm posting about Kyle Seager on a forum about Shin-Soo Choo.

I knew the deal was crap but I had to be "nice" to him since he is one of my good friends. He made it seem like he was helping my team, but Hanley Ramirez and Chris Carter don't even begin to compare to the numbers Kyle Seager is putting up this season. The only player on his team I am somewhat interested in is Michael Fulmer. This is a cash auction keeper league and I drafted Seager for $37. He is clearly not one of my keepers. Would you consider trading him for Michael Fulmer at $1?

I think I would. What is the inflation if you keep Fulmer the year after? Any increase?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contreras is a keeper and the Cubs catcher of the future, if not already. Not only is he batting in the heart of a potent lineup, he is also playing OF and a little 1B, not only giving him more at bats, but also giving him multiple position eligibility. It would be foolish to trade him unless someone is willing to overpay. And even then, I'd be hesitant.

The Catcher Position: It's a jungle out there.

He did get lucky that the Cubs OF is so banged up... And the fact he has already played 15 games at catcher is huge... He should be eligible at catcher again next season in most fantasy leagues(and assuming this one)... So I guess as long as he is eligible at catcher he should be a good player to roster... But just because he is hot, doesn't mean he is safe... Rookies do often hit the rookie wall, I have a hard time trusting rookies before they hit their first wall... I like to see how the player compensates for the weaknesses that pitchers WILL find...

I do think when fowler comes back Contreras will sit a lot... and like I said inconsistent play scares me... especially when the player right now has very high trade value as he is the NEW toy and he is playing well...

So I still think this is the time to trade him, before he starts sitting more often, and before the pitchers catch up to him...

But I can totally understand keeping him, as he should be eligible for catcher next season too, he only need 400 PA to be a fantasy relevant Catcher... and the potential that he can play more than the typical catcher is very tempting...

All I am saying is to be careful with him...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly a possibility that he could hit a wall or be benched and his sample size is small at this point. However, we are discussing whether or not he is a keeper. His pedigree, position and the fact that he bats in a stacked lineup playing in a hitters ballpark makes him one for me. If he were to be traded, one would do well to be sure they were receiving a bona fide keeper in return.