• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Stave in for good now

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what they're thinking. Are they going to move forward with Stave as the starter or is this going to be musical chairs at QB?

They way they're looked so far, neither very good, I'd prefer to see Stave and get him all the experience under fire he'll ever need.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I would hope so, at least for now. The main difference I noticed with Stave is that he used short throws more effectively and we actually managed to punish Utah State for stacking against the run a couple times. His release sucks. There were a couple of broken up passes that he just didn't get to the receiver fast enough....

...but here's the other thing. The run game was more effective. It still wasn't spectacular, but it was better. And O'Brien just doesn't get rid of the ball. Stave at least seems to recognize the importance of that and it kept him from getting mobbed and stripped the way O'Brien did.

I hope O'Brien can learn from this experience fast, because frankly he has the better arm by far. But I don't know, he looks real readable to me. I hate that damn tell tale bounce up and down in the pocket thing he does....