• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Pronger the Best NHL Dman?

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is definitely top 3, and brings so much to every team he's on. Lately every playoff team he's been a part of has made a solid deep playoff run. He is a tad older but never seems to decline.

Whether it's shutting people down on the back end or running a PP and helping offensively (made a great pass today) he does it all.

Drew Doughty and Anton Volchenkov are also beasts but if I had to chose one to go into the playoffs with it would be Pronger. Making that trade last summer very well could lead the Flyers to their first cup in years.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How Mike Green is a Norris finalist and not Pronger is beyond me

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How Mike Green is a Norris finalist and not Pronger is beyond me

Agreed, he is good offensively, but decent to bad playing actual defense. That Geico commercial where the caveman says "He's a great Dman, we all know that" always makes me wonder a little.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote goes to Keith. Doughty could be soon. Pronger is certainly up there though.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sabres have a very good, young dman in Myers. He could also be in the discussion for a Norris in the future.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would say pronger. i think keith is good and better than pronger offensively although pronger is better on defense and can still put up points. not to mention he is averaging about 28 minutes per game and he had one game where he only played about 20 minutes. that tell you how much he is playing every other game.

doughty is a future star in the nhl for defense. i think myers will also be up there although doughty has already arrived.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sabres have a very good, young dman in Myers. He could also be in the discussion for a Norris in the future.

I have my homer glasses on but I agree. This guy is the real deal. He plays against all of the top lines kills penalties and works the power play.

The thing I liked most is as the season went on he played with an edge and when he puts on a few pounds he is going to be tough to handle.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pronger was consistent year-to-year, he'd be the best since Bourque. Instead, like life, Pronger is like a box of chocolates (you never know what you're going to get). In 2006, 2007, and 2010, he was the chocolate with caramel. In 2008 and 2009, he was the chocolate with AIDS and a weird looking wife.