• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Paxton's chance already over?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 weeks left in the season, out 2-4 weeks with an ankle injury. Lets say we split the difference and he's out 3 weeks and starts the final 2 games, don't know if that's enough time to evaluate him for next year. Do we roll with him next year as the guy 100% and pray we don't have another season like this one or move on, call him a bust, and sit him on the bench since I doubt anyone is looking to trade for him based off this season?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the broncos sign a vet QB like Brees or Manning (improbable on both accounts) Lynch will be set up nicely to be the next Osweiler. Whatever that’s worth!

Cousins may be an option too. But he’s young enough that the Broncos would likely move on from Lynch if they are able to bring Cousins aboard.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like one of the Minny QBs case or teddy
Trevor has trade value but if teddy came over id keep Trevor who can win games
Paxton is cheap so might as well keep him but you would not want he to be the starter.
Paxton would be competing with Kelly.
Not really a fan of my QB crying on the bench. Put a towel over your head or sob in the locker room. Just a wierd visual for someone not very good.

5 weeks left in the season, out 2-4 weeks with an ankle injury. Lets say we split the difference and he's out 3 weeks and starts the final 2 games, don't know if that's enough time to evaluate him for next year. Do we roll with him next year as the guy 100% and pray we don't have another season like this one or move on, call him a bust, and sit him on the bench since I doubt anyone is looking to trade for him based off this season?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking today.

The bad thing is- We have no good QB right now.

The good thing is- Unlike the Ravens, Bengals, etc we also aren't tied into a lot of money with a crappy QB to make the situation worse. At least it's easy to move on and start over at QB for us.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking today.

The bad thing is- We have no good QB right now.

The good thing is- Unlike the Ravens, Bengals, etc we also aren't tied into a lot of money with a crappy QB to make the situation worse. At least it's easy to move on and start over at QB for us.

That’s the one positive from all of this I come away with too. We can cut our losses if that’s what we want to do.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the one positive from all of this I come away with too. We can cut our losses if that’s what we want to do.

Agreed but starting over is painful. It's going to be a very interesting and important off season for John Elway and company. The good news is that the Broncos have rarely had multiple down seasons in a row. Based on that, we should be able to expect a much more competitive squad next year and beyond. Here's hoping that history repeats itself!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I do like about our team though is it's not really "starting over" it is adjusting moreso. In the NFL it no longer takes 3 years to build a winning team. We have great pieces here, just need to tweak and maybe get rid of a few contracts and fill in the gaps.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - as a fan - I'm done with Paxton Lynch.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I do like about our team though is it's not really "starting over" it is adjusting moreso. In the NFL it no longer takes 3 years to build a winning team. We have great pieces here, just need to tweak and maybe get rid of a few contracts and fill in the gaps.

My reference to starting over is at the QB position. I agree that we have a lot of good pieces already in place with other positions.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question to me is do we have the staff to develop a young Rookie qb. Right now my answer is no.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question to me is do we have the staff to develop a young Rookie qb. Right now my answer is no.
Who gets credit for Derek Carr?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - as a fan - I'm done with Paxton Lynch.

Why ? Put him in there and tell him to wing it .. Though the MF' out of Stadium .

Last week if he was doing the game plan fire all the Staff ASP . He was completing 2 yard passes from the throws I seen on Video . That might work for JV High School .

My god take the binders off and see what the hell we got !!! Let him fail or shine for Christ sake .

Elway was a bust his first few games . his last Rookie start was a glimpse at better times . He needs a year under center .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him in the Shotgun and let him show us . I get under center is Optimal but Elway played Shotgun damn well plenty !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Ball's have a tun of juice in them . The first play from Scrimmage should be a 60 yard throw to our fastest WR to make the other team go what the !?!? .

This would help him settle down some . This also might help 8 in a box . pass rush as well

This is why WR's on our team are struggling also with him .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Ball's have a tun of juice in them . The first play from Scrimmage should be a 60 yard throw to our fastest WR to make the other team go what the !?!? .

This would help him settle down some . This also might help 8 in a box . pass rush as well

This is why WR's on our team are struggling also with him .
His very first throw was to a wide open Fowler who was running a streak and had 3 yards on the defender and Lynch over threw him. Very simple pass . Could have possibly went for a 75 yard TD

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 or is it 4 games were the staff forgot they had a guy that can throw deep bombs and insist he play pound peg in a square hole is your guys definition of enough I am fine with that to a point I guess if you are wanting an older QB that will play Bully Ball on O like I think Elway wants now .

But Damn I could of told Elway to not Draft this guy if he was so damn sure of wanting a Black and Blue type this guy is not that mold . I see him more as Dan Marino . If we were looking for that Cowboys got our QB .

The Good thing is we will see a QB that fits this mold up for trade after this season

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Dak sucks right now and he actually has a great Offensive line unlike us, when they don't have Zeke he's terrible and so how well would he do with us when we don't an Elite OL or Running game. We're seeing right now that if Dak was a Bronco instead of Paxton he would look just as bad as Siemian and Oz.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Dak sucks right now and he actually has a great Offensive line unlike us, when they don't have Zeke he's terrible and so how well would he do with us when we don't an Elite OL or Running game. We're seeing right now that if Dak was a Bronco instead of Paxton he would look just as bad as Siemian and Oz.

I want an older QB . I don't want any of them to be honest . Yes I am willing to pay for that even a lost draft for the most part .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not willing to give up yet on this guy all the same this year if possible tell him to get his mind stinking right because he is going to be able to play his game and show case what he has . Fail or sky the limit . Let him fly or go boom