• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is it time??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time in non keeper leagues to start trying to trade Matt harvey and Jose fernandez...

I know i would...
Reasons:
1. Both are on bad teams with bad offenses, wins will remain hard to get. and probably get harder as the team falls further out of contention...

2. Innings limits??

3. can the young pitchers continue pitch in meaningless games, will they keep interest??

4. Values now are so high why take the gamble that they will not be as good in the second half

5. Why wait for your league trading deadline?? it can only hurt these players values!!!

6. will the innings increase from last season to this be a factor??

7. what happens if they do hit the rookie wall??(matt harvey is not technically a rookie)

I say trade him now!!!

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time in non keeper leagues to start trying to trade Matt harvey and Jose fernandez...Reasons:
2. Innings limits??
4. Values now are so high why take the gamble that they will not be as good in the second half.

These are the two main reason to trade these guys. Neither team is playing for anything and just like Strasburg will probably be worthless come September when playoff teams need them most.

Now if you're a top team odds are you can afford to trade these guys without it affecting your playoff chances.
If you a fringe playoff team you might want to think twice. Unless you have a strong pitching staff, trading these guys to early could hurt your playoff chances so this should be assessed on an individual basis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets have said they are going to limit Harvey to 215 or 220 innings. That isn't much of a limit at all. He may miss 1 or 2 starts, but I am not dealing him unless I get appropriate value in return. He has been the best pitcher in fantasy baseball YTD.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets have said they are going to limit Harvey to 215 or 220 innings. That isn't much of a limit at all. He may miss 1 or 2 starts, but I am not dealing him unless I get appropriate value in return. He has been the best pitcher in fantasy baseball YTD.

I mean of course you would not deal him for nothing... But his trade value is not gonna go up!!! why take the chance that it will go down?? Post ASB is always a totally different animal than Pre ASB...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean of course you would not deal him for nothing... But his trade value is not gonna go up!!! why take the chance that it will go down?? Post ASB is always a totally different animal than Pre ASB...

Just don't trade him for Braun. :gaah::gaah::gaah:

Seriously, 215-220 innings is a big upgrade from the 180 he was originally projected for...might be wise to ride him for another five weeks or so and then try to trade him to a team that needs a starter to make the playoffs.

I think cashing in on Fernandez now could be a smart move.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression Harvey would be on a limit of around 180. If the 200/220 inning thing is true, then no I wouldn't trade him unless I'm getting full value for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right, but the fact that people are talking about this means that many owners won't give equal value. The reality is however, that the innings limit will have a very minor impact, if any.

In the MBBRL where I own him, my pitching staff is very strong. If someone offered me a late 2nd, early third round hitter value I would be very tempted. Otherwise, I will take my chances. I expect Harvey to still be pitching in September.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets manager Terry Collins said Saturday that the ceiling for Matt Harvey's workload this season will be set at 215-220 innings.

From Rotoworld a couple days ago.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoworld a couple days ago.

One caveat: Terry Collins really has no say in the matter. This is Alderson's call. Him and the two idiots.

It's a good call, as long as they don't let anything stupid happen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, but the fact that people are talking about this means that many owners won't give equal value. The reality is however, that the innings limit will have a very minor impact, if any.

In the MBBRL where I own him, my pitching staff is very strong. If someone offered me a late 2nd, early third round hitter value I would be very tempted. Otherwise, I will take my chances. I expect Harvey to still be pitching in September.

So maybe the question is would u take slightly less than fair value. Maybe Matt Cain and arenado.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe the question is would u take slightly less than fair value. Maybe Matt Cain and arenado.

Personally, I don't think I would move him for a pitcher. His performance has been late round 1 value. Saying that I would hypothetically trade him for late 2nd, early 3rd, you could look at that 2 ways. Either I am selling for less than face value for the innings limit, or that is his value because he doesn't have a lengthy track record.

Chef, you said something about Braun? Is that an offer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think I would move him for a pitcher. His performance has been late round 1 value. Saying that I would hypothetically trade him for late 2nd, early 3rd, you could look at that 2 ways. Either I am selling for less than face value for the innings limit, or that is his value because he doesn't have a lengthy track record.

Chef, you said something about Braun? Is that an offer?

We already did that dance...however, we still may be able to do some business. Ya never know. :)