• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Chris Davis on steroids or PEDs?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic, it would be wrong to assume that Bonds did it.

Nobody is naive enough to tell people not to question that Bonds did it because he never failed a test.

Next, please.

different ERA thats why it was called the Steroid ERA. Innocent until proven guilty thats how I look at these situations just like a court of law. I might suspect but until evidence comes out that they are they are innocent.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who actually cares about PED use has been had. Especially if that same person watches any other pro sport.

dean-what-gif.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what record has Davis shattered?

Every time Davis hits a HR Twitter explodes with how he's the fastest to x number of HRs in a season, career, week, ABs, month, etc.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Armstrong was caught and there was no tests for when Barry Played accept in 2002 which I believe he failed.

Incorrect on both counts. :suds:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so many fucking idiotic posts by hammertroll on this fucking thread. seriously, who fucking trolls their own board?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different ERA thats why it was called the Steroid ERA. Innocent until proven guilty thats how I look at these situations just like a court of law. I might suspect but until evidence comes out that they are they are innocent.
Personally, I don't care if players do PED or roids. The testing system is a joke, and there's big money at stake. There's very little disincentive for most major leaguers to stay away from juice. Plus, I think baseball is more fun with PED.

It's naive to go by "innocent until proven guilty" when we know for a fact that a 12 of the 14 players who just got suspended have been doing PED for years, been tested multiple times, and NEVER popped positive on any of them.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legitimate question. The guy is shattering records that were set during the steroid era. People are going to ask it.

Ok fine. It's a legit question to ask someone, but not us on this forum. It's not a question that we can answer and there is zero reason to expect him to be on steroids unless you think that steroids = home runs. If that's the case, why bother asking? You have your answer already...

And you're ill-informed if you think you can test/detect most PEDs these guys are taking now.

Obviously the testing has limitations, but that doesn't give everyone license to accuse every slugger of taking roids. Innocent until proven guilty (we are Americans, right?)

Nice try though.

Nice try at what? Dismissing a question that we can't answer?

Rick Reilly basically accused Chris Davis of steriods/PED use.

You read Ricky Reilly? :lol: Wow......

Its a legit question to ask but you shouldnt just assume until he fails a test which if he is using he will.

This.

Like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds? These guys are taking designer drugs; there is no testing for them.

No, not like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds. There was evidence beyond PED testing which implicated them of use. Do you actually read the cases that you refer to? Everyone on Lance's team was doping and the investigation had him dead in the water. Evidence from the BALCO lab implicated Bonds.

By that logic, it would be wrong to assume that Bonds did it.

Nobody is naive enough to tell people not to question that Bonds did it because he never failed a test.

Next, please.

Wrong. A test isn't the only way to prove PED use, just like video proof isn't necessary to find someone guilty of murder. You can gather other forms of evidence, which was done in the case of Bonds, Armstrong, Braun (the second time), Cruz, etc. etc. etc. etc.

ok...same with Miggy, Kemp, heck anyone...Segura the ss from MIL...the guy is pretty small to have all that power and speed.

So then it isn't a legit question, since everyone is cleary guilty.
Are+you+kidding+me+_e1d51f7c5957975078259a5dd341cdce.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe him. I take a man's word for it, but if he lies after saying he doesn't I have no respect for him.

But right now I have no reason not to believe him. The man is playing baseball, climb off his damn back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe him. I take a man's word for it, but if he lies after saying he doesn't I have no respect for him.

But right now I have no reason not to believe him. The man is playing baseball, climb off his damn back.

:suds:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also believe him and just think he's in the zone right now. But who is on his back? I haven't heard more than whispers and natural speculation about his sudden numbers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe him and just think he's in the zone right now. But who is on his back? I haven't heard more than whispers and natural speculation about his sudden numbers.

:suds:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miguel Cabrera wantabes and worshipers.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird im a huge miggy fan and i stated i didnt think he was on roids, maybe you are just a miggy hater?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird im a huge miggy fan and i stated i didnt think he was on roids, maybe you are just a miggy hater?

look, not one of us know who is or isn't...everyone of us has a 50/50 shot at being right...Miggy is a great hitter...he is the best hitter in the game for the last two years...thats all....there is always a "best current hitter" in the game...who knows who it will be next year and who knows if he will be on something or not...I know I don't know...I just have stats to go by.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree but you stating that only miggy haters think davis is on roids is just plain wrong.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol miggy lovers, sorry. Was thinking about how much you hated him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy has been an amazing hitter since he entered the league, hes currently in his prime and is hitting in front of prince so yes that has helped. There always will be a best hitter currently in the game, right now its a tiger. Will it ever be a royal? If it is can tigers fans make stupid accusations that he must be on roids because hes good?

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy has been an amazing hitter since he entered the league, hes currently in his prime and is hitting in front of prince so yes that has helped. There always will be a best hitter currently in the game, right now its a tiger. Will it ever be a royal? If it is can tigers fans make stupid accusations that he must be on roids because hes good?
This is so stupid, it hurts. How is Prince helping Cabrera? Especially this season, where Fielder has had a subpar year by his standards? If anything, it's the other way around. Pitchers are pitching around Cabrera (not enough by my estimation) and taking their chances with Fielder.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is the best hitter in the game, currently, for the last 3 years about...I don't hate the guy at all, for what being the best hitter in the game?....to see people speculate that anyone who can take that title or any title away from Miggy is "on roids" is just to much "miggy worshiping"

so if you oppose anything Miggy, your a hater, if you oppose anything that goes against miggy, your a ????? miggy lover????

Miggy hasn't done a thing to me...no reason in the world to hate him. Heck...if its because I am a royals fan...I used to hate what Verlander used to do against the Royals but now love him for what he has done to the Royals this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis became the 27th major leaguer to join the 50-homer club, and the first since Jose Bautista in 2010. The drive matched Brady Anderson's 1996 Orioles record and made Davis just the third player in major league history with 50 homers and 40 doubles in the same season.

An amazing accomplishment considering that he's not on steroids! :omg: Jose Bautista and Brady Anderson needed them, but not Chris Davis.