• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Boise WR Richard Smith in ICU?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a link currently floating around asking for donations for WR Rick Smith an ASU transfer who's now at Boise State. They've raised $1,160 in one day. It says he was brutally attacked by a fellow teammate and is now in ICU with a skull fracture and brain hemorrhaging/swelling. Does anyone know anything about this and whether or not it's true? I can't find anything on it, but I did see this recent tweet from Jaelen Strong, "Simply just asking you one favor, to pray for my former teammate Rick Smith who's in ICU."

http://www.gofundme.com/mh777o

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a single thing shows up on google, so I think it's probably bs.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jaelen Strong tweeted it, it's probably legit. He went to ASU with several LBPoly kids. Some are still there. Whether or not the fundraiser is I don't know. I wouldn't assume there's anything malicious automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise fan asking about a Boise player? :wtf:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't donate a penny until there is at least 1 confirmed news source reporting it.

I looked at his personal twitter and it didn't say anything, but he hasn't posted in the past week either, so that was a dead end.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't donate a penny until there is at least 1 confirmed news source reporting it.

I looked at his personal twitter and it didn't say anything, but he hasn't posted in the past week either, so that was a dead end.

It's gotta be a hoax. That website looks awfully shady.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. Linking to another message board is dumb when it's just more rumors.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it is true, if the money goes to him he has to lose eligibility or else every player is going to get mysterious injuries and boosters donating thousands of dollars for "bills"

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no chance that's legit

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Harsin at yesterday's press conference - "Rick Smith is currently a student athlete on our team. That's as far as I'm going to go into it."

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise Police confirm the story is true. Supposedly started off as horseplay in the lockeroom and when Smith turned to walk away he got clocked in the back of the head. The injuries are not life threatening, but he does have a fractured skull. They did not name the player that attacked him in the article I read.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise Police confirm the story is true. Supposedly started off as horseplay in the lockeroom and when Smith turned to walk away he got clocked in the back of the head. The injuries are not life threatening, but he does have a fractured skull. They did not name the player that attacked him in the article I read.

No Mike, Wiz said no way this is true and he would know.

I just read the article. Looks like this will be ending his short stay in Boise. You're only getting one side of the story from one of his family members that said he had turned and walked away and was cracked in the head with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. I hope that's not true and I hope it wasn't a star who did it because if that's what truly put him in ICU, then that dude's gone. Harsin is like Petersen. He doesn't play around with that stuff no matter who you are. If you screw up, you are shown the door. Wish all coaches operated that way.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Mike, Wiz said no way this is true and he would know.

I just read the article. Looks like this will be ending his short stay in Boise. You're only getting one side of the story from one of his family members that said he had turned and walked away and was cracked in the head with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. I hope that's not true and I hope it wasn't a star who did it because if that's what truly put him in ICU, then that dude's gone. Harsin is like Petersen. He doesn't play around with that stuff no matter who you are. If you screw up, you are shown the door. Wish all coaches operated that way.

Does anyone where LeGarrette Blount was when this happened?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I still pull up that video from time to time and laugh. There's so many great things to it. Too many to list, but a few of my favorites are Hout's gum flying out of his mouth, Hout's eyes rolling into the back of his head as he's going down, the expression on Petersen's face who was standing right there when it happened. Fighting your own teammates who are trying to calm you down, trying to go into the stands, etc., etc., etc. Dude was frustrated no doubt. Publically guaranteed an "ass whooping" pregame after getting beat in Eugene the year before. Got crushed for a safety in the endzone. Ran like 12 times for -7 yards. What a meltdown he had. Priceless.