• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Iron bowl 2013

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this being called "kick,bama,kick" and not "the kick six". That's sounds better and pays homage to the first ever walk off FG return for a TD...

i like kick six too, but obviously kick bama kick pays homage to punt bama punt and it wasn't just one missed field goal. it was 4 (and a blocked punt for good measure).

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game.... Although I still feel like I've been kicked in the nuts. Awbarn played lights out all day, Bama struggled. The Barn ran it down our throats, Period.

I do have a question tho & didn't see it come up in the previous pages..... When Marshall threw the last TD to tie it up, many thought he steped over the line, which he didn't. But how far forward can an offensive lineman or ineligible receiver be down field when the ball is thrown? Seems the Tigers had numerous linemen down field on the play. Not crying as Awbarn outplayed us & deserve the win, just curious.

Nick Marshall Threw a Game-Tying Touchdown Pass to Sammie Coates | The Big Lead

nick-marshall-not-across-the-line.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link shows a video of the pass to tie. Looks like at least 2 linemen 3 yards down the field. I guess my question is how far down the field can a ineligible receiver be from the line of scrimmage?

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 1 second to think about and I'll get back to you.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game.... Although I still feel like I've been kicked in the nuts. Awbarn played lights out all day, Bama struggled. The Barn ran it down our throats, Period.

I do have a question tho & didn't see it come up in the previous pages..... When Marshall threw the last TD to tie it up, many thought he steped over the line, which he didn't. But how far forward can an offensive lineman or ineligible receiver be down field when the ball is thrown? Seems the Tigers had numerous linemen down field on the play. Not crying as Awbarn outplayed us & deserve the win, just curious.

The entire body has to be over the line now. They changed the rule a few years ago after a controversial call in a big game. Don't remember who or when. Your memory is the 2nd thing to go. I can't remember the first.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link shows a video of the pass to tie. Looks like at least 2 linemen 3 yards down the field. I guess my question is how far down the field can a ineligible receiver be from the line of scrimmage?

He was definitely behind the line but I noticed the lineman when the play happened, TIVO and replays showed 2 Auburn lineman, 4 and 5 yards down the field, respectively. It is what it is but they will call a tight end covered up by about 6 inches as a ineligible receiver down field but not an obvious 300 pound tackle?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely behind the line but I noticed the lineman when the play happened, TIVO and replays showed 2 Auburn lineman, 4 and 5 yards down the field, respectively. It is what it is but they will call a tight end covered up by about 6 inches as a ineligible receiver down field but not an obvious 300 pound tackle?
Good teams overcome bad calls (or no-calls), and Bama was not a good team that night.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, somebody got killed down the road last night :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The entire body has to be across the line. However, there was an uncalled penalty on that play because it was a designed run play and the Auburn lineman were downfield blocking before the pass was thrown.

In the image you have here you can see a lineman at the 34 turned around and blocking. It's why both our defenders bit on the run leaving the receiver wide open for the TD pass.

Not that it really matters at this point, but if there was an uncalled penalty on that play that would be it. The refs were awful last night in general, and not just towards Auburn.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has no one to blame but themselves.

They had a made to order schedule this year. They hired 3 easy marks to come in for cake walk games, really, they weren't even games, basically planned scrimmages. They spread these out over the season so that they had two weeks to get ready for every major game. They got a nice scheduling favor from the SEC as well, since the league gave them a cushy inter-division schedule in which they played none of the top teams from the SEC East.

So, the Tide basically played 4 real games all season and came into Auburn rested, and supposedly, ready. They weren't. That's what happens when you try to stack the deck. Sometimes the victim doesn't cooperate.

It's absolutely fitting that they were not mentally focused for the Iron Bowl. They had been the consensus #1 team all season, and they started to believe their own press clippings.

In a nutshell, they set up the easiest possible track to the National Championship game. They were already making room for the next crystal trophy and crown in their hall of fame.

Trouble is, they forgot to tell Auburn about the coronation.:doh:

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ran around putting my nuts on people/animals.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a typical Monday?