• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa wants the Outback Bowl...

Iowa wants the Outback Bowl. Who do they want to play?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does Iowa want to play in the Outback Bowl?

South Carolina?
Missouri?
Auburn?
Texas A&M?
Georgia?
LSU?
Does it matter?

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want either Texas A&M or South Carolina. I also wouldn't mind Auburn.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is someone with the handle of AZ douchebags AZ posting on the Iowa site? And isn't that a bit redundant?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt lock down that Outback bid just yet guys. Could still take Nebraska even with our stomp out of them today and thats if we get 2 BCS bids ( which we should)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt lock down that Outback bid just yet guys. Could still take Nebraska even with our stomp out of them today and thats if we get 2 BCS bids ( which we should)

I can see Iowa not getting if B1G has only 1 in BCS, but why would they pick Nebraska over Iowa?

*Iowa has always done great there under KF (2 wins and a close loss).

*Great fan following (I believe we had more fans than SCar last time we played there, Florida was the opponent the other two times)

*Iowa has a top 10 defense in the country

*Iowa finished the season stronger (Iowa won 4 of last 5, Nebraska won 3 of last 5)

*and Iowa beat Nebraska by 3 touchdowns.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Iowa not getting if B1G has only 1 in BCS, but why would they pick Nebraska over Iowa?

*Iowa has always done great there under KF (2 wins and a close loss).

*Great fan following (I believe we had more fans than SCar last time we played there, Florida was the opponent the other two times)

*Iowa has a top 10 defense in the country

*Iowa finished the season stronger (Iowa won 4 of last 5, Nebraska won 3 of last 5)

*and Iowa beat Nebraska by 3 touchdowns.

Cuz theyre Nebraska and we are Iowa. Thats about it. May be enough though. Hell the Gator may take Michigan ahead of Iowa too if the Outback doesnt take us. Gator has a history of going for the bigger name program ( see 6-6 OSU in 2011 ). While its a good bet we get the Outback I wouldnt lock it down yet.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Texas A&M. Their run defense is atrocious. Would love to see Iowa's RBs go for 400+ yards on the ground. Seeing Iowa control the ball for 40 minutes and get the blowout win! Besides, Manziel could work on his tan while on the sideline....before jumping to the NFL.

Michigan doesn't travel well when they get beat by Ohio St. They'll be 3-5 in the B1G and 7-5 overall. Michigan will be heading to the BWW in Arizona. Nebraska to the Gator. Iowa to the Outback.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is someone with the handle of AZ douchebags AZ posting on the Iowa site? And isn't that a bit redundant?

There is a direct correlation between Iowa's success and the amount of trolls who come to the Iowa boards, happened on CBS too. REmember how quiet it was during the losing seasons? We go to BCS bowls and these losers come on to stir up shit for no other reason than they're bored.

I mean, can you imagine going to the, say, Baylor board right now and just talking shit? It's weird......just plain weird.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Iowa getting Outback as long as B1G gets two in BCS, there is no reason Nebraska should get there. I have heard that BWW wants Nebraska in Arizona to have a Big12 rematch against either Oklahoma or Texas.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth CBS still has Nebraska in the Outback and Iowa in the BWW bowl even after yesterdays destruction of the Huskers.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth CBS still has Nebraska in the Outback and Iowa in the BWW bowl even after yesterdays destruction of the Huskers.

:L @ CBS. Obviously they had their eyes closed from 11am to 2pm yesterday during the game. Iowa deserves better bowl than Nebraska. I think Nebraska fans would travel to Arizona better than to Florida a again as well.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz theyre Nebraska and we are Iowa. Thats about it. May be enough though. Hell the Gator may take Michigan ahead of Iowa too if the Outback doesnt take us. Gator has a history of going for the bigger name program ( see 6-6 OSU in 2011 ). While its a good bet we get the Outback I wouldnt lock it down yet.

Yeah, I remember CU putting an ASS WHOOPING and about 65 points on the Corn in their after turkey day game and NE still went to the Rose Bowl...

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS doesn't update their bowl projections until this Sunday or late late Saturday, so Palm doesn't it change it til after today's rivalry games and such, especially with the Iron Bowl, I think we need to have Bama win for the B10 to get 2 BCS teams, you have Wisky, OSU and MSU, if MSU beats OSU in the B10 CC then B10 only gets one in as well.

Iowa cannot finish any lower than 4th but we know the bowls pick how they want. If things play out, Bama wins Iron Bowl and the SEC CC, OSU wins today and in B10 CC and then Wisky and OSU go BCS and Iowa should do the Outback, any of these lose and we go Gator, that's my take on it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS doesn't update their bowl projections until this Sunday or late late Saturday, so Palm doesn't it change it til after today's rivalry games and such, especially with the Iron Bowl, I think we need to have Bama win for the B10 to get 2 BCS teams, you have Wisky, OSU and MSU, if MSU beats OSU in the B10 CC then B10 only gets one in as well.

Iowa cannot finish any lower than 4th but we know the bowls pick how they want. If things play out, Bama wins Iron Bowl and the SEC CC, OSU wins today and in B10 CC and then Wisky and OSU go BCS and Iowa should do the Outback, any of these lose and we go Gator, that's my take on it.

It said it was updated yesterday. Of course not sure if it was before yesterdays games but why would he do that?? Plus there werent any comments on his selctions til after all yesterdays games were done so I am pretty sure he updated it yesterday after the games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It said it was updated yesterday. Of course not sure if it was before yesterdays games but why would he do that?? Plus there werent any comments on his selctions til after all yesterdays games were done so I am pretty sure he updated it yesterday after the games.

It's never updated for the week until Sunday, it shows that it is updated everyday there is college football games, but nobody changes until Sunday. 0% chance that Iowa gets jumped by Nebraska.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never updated for the week until Sunday, it shows that it is updated everyday there is college football games, but nobody changes until Sunday. 0% chance that Iowa gets jumped by Nebraska.

I tell ya what, Wisky ain't doing much to help our cause so far today.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya what, Wisky ain't doing much to help our cause so far today.

No...but Auburn did.

If Ohio State gets in the NCG, I would be surprised if Michigan State doesn't get BCS (even with CCG loss).