• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Iowa fans are just so annoying" Devin Gardner "Pink locker room has lots of room."

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's Devin Gardner gives Iowa's pink locker room a thumbs up, for the most part. But the fans at Kinnick Stadium? Well, that's a downright annoying story.

It's not a stretch to believe the Wolverines' senior quarterback doesn't have warm and fuzzy memories of Kinnick, a place he'll never have to play in again. A place where he was 0-2.

Iowa beat the Wolverines there in 2011, 24-16, with a late goal-line stand. Last season, the Hawkeyes rallied from a 21-7 halftime deficit to win, 24-21. The biggest play of the game came when Iowa linebacker Anthony Hitchens stripped Gardner of the ball and recovered it at the Hawkeye 31 with about 2 minutes to play.

Iowa ran out the clock for the win, which likely gave the Hawkeyes the Outback Bowl bid over the Wolverines.

Last year's Iowa-Michigan game, played on Nov. 23, was also the coldest in Kinnick's 84-year-old history. The temperature was 18 degrees at kickoff, with a wind chill hovering around zero.

But it's the chilly reception that Gardner remembers the most. He shared his thoughts with Mark Packer and Dan Hawkins, on Sirius XM, when asked about the toughest Big Ten road venue.

"I don't know if it's the toughest place, but the most annoying place was probably Iowa," Gardner said. "Their fans are about as close as we are (in the interview). The pink locker room's spacious. I don't care about the color, it has a lot of space, so I think that's the best locker room for an away team."

Praise for the pink locker room? There's something new. But …

"But the fans are just so annoying, just right on top of you, right behind your bench," Gardner said. "You hear everything they're saying."

Michigan quarterback says Iowa fans are 'annoying'

Last edited by a moderator:

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like listening to 50,000 people recite Bubba Gump Corn recipes.

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm conference-rival joking, of course. DG whined a little bit after the PSU game last year. Iowa has great crowds usually and it looks like tge schedule is set up well for a run at the West title.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pYGo1.gif

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm conference-rival joking, of course. DG whined a little bit after the PSU game last year. Iowa has great crowds usually and it looks like tge schedule is set up well for a run at the West title.

I think he was talking more about how close the fans are than anything. Usually they put jr high football teams behind the bench. I remember spending, pretty much, the entire game annoying Northwestern players, asking for autographs. The actual bench was only 10-15 feet away.

Before the renovations around 10 years ago, the student section came down on the field just past the endzone. I remember Tavian Banks scoring a TD and posing with the fans on the back goalline.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed in Iowa this past Outback Bowl. I thought Iowa had a real shot with their run defense.

LSU was clearly the better team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very disappointed in Iowa this past Outback Bowl. I thought Iowa had a real shot with their run defense.

LSU was clearly the better team.

Eh a 7 point loss to LSU isnt any reason to be disappointed. Tigers are always solid.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a pink locker room does a single damn thing to the psyche of a division 1 football program, you're delusional.

If anything, it galvanizes them. Just like booing does.

LOL @ tacky gimmicks and classless fans.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a pink locker room does a single damn thing to the psyche of a division 1 football program, you're delusional.

I don't think it's an issue anymore. I just think it has become a tradition thing. But I do think it worked when Hayden Fry first did it in the 80s.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having been to every single B10 stadium save Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana I can promise you Iowa fans are no less classy than any other team. We just happen to be 8 feet away from you so the batteries we throw at your head hurt more than the ones thrown at Michigan.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Mett's hands up in the air..... LOL

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's Devin Gardner gives Iowa's pink locker room a thumbs up, for the most part. But the fans at Kinnick Stadium? Well, that's a downright annoying story.

It's not a stretch to believe the Wolverines' senior quarterback doesn't have warm and fuzzy memories of Kinnick, a place he'll never have to play in again. A place where he was 0-2.

Iowa beat the Wolverines there in 2011, 24-16, with a late goal-line stand. Last season, the Hawkeyes rallied from a 21-7 halftime deficit to win, 24-21. The biggest play of the game came when Iowa linebacker Anthony Hitchens stripped Gardner of the ball and recovered it at the Hawkeye 31 with about 2 minutes to play.

Iowa ran out the clock for the win, which likely gave the Hawkeyes the Outback Bowl bid over the Wolverines.

Last year's Iowa-Michigan game, played on Nov. 23, was also the coldest in Kinnick's 84-year-old history. The temperature was 18 degrees at kickoff, with a wind chill hovering around zero.

But it's the chilly reception that Gardner remembers the most. He shared his thoughts with Mark Packer and Dan Hawkins, on Sirius XM, when asked about the toughest Big Ten road venue.

"I don't know if it's the toughest place, but the most annoying place was probably Iowa," Gardner said. "Their fans are about as close as we are (in the interview). The pink locker room's spacious. I don't care about the color, it has a lot of space, so I think that's the best locker room for an away team."

Praise for the pink locker room? There's something new. But …

"But the fans are just so annoying, just right on top of you, right behind your bench," Gardner said. "You hear everything they're saying."

Michigan quarterback says Iowa fans are 'annoying'

I like how Iowa still claims 2011 as a win, despite the deliberate pass interference in the end zone to end the game.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that makes it that much more awesome. :dhd:

dumbass Copeland (wouldn't say that to his face), all he had to do was lower his big dumb head and fall into the endzone. Trying to stiff arm... :happyshake:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players could care less what the visiting locker room looks like, what facilities are denied them, etc.

however, I don't have anything against a home team doing little stuff to try to annoy them. It's all part of the game.